Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

3.9

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

WOW! I was on the hunt for a new concealer for contouring and highlighting and this is IT!!

I think I chose a shade slightly too dark for my contouring... which is my own fault! Nevertheless I can easily blend together the two shades to make the darker shade a touch lighter and it's perfect.

It's super easy to blend, has a nice light scent and the applicator brush is perfect for me. It's slightly on the larger side but it's quite fluffy so super easy to apply and the handle is long enough to get into all those tighter places like under and around the eyes.

The overall coverage is extremely high and it's quite thick in consistency. I tend to start on the lighter side and build the product, which I can't seem to do to this level with any other concealer as it cakes/dries out or looks weirdly patchy and doesn't blend.

I use this over l'oreal infallible pro-glow foundation and it's perfect. I didn't find it at all drying and it didn't cake (especially under my eyes!). I set it with Laura Mercier translucent powder and Urban Decay all nighter setting spray.

This truly is the holy grail of concealers!!

i think this concealer wears beautifully, it covers my mild redness really well. i wore this as my foundation today. it doesn’t last on my nose but i suffer from allergies so i dont think there is a product that can last through the constant nose rubbing. i didnt set my face with powder, only a spritz of setting spray, and this lasted well on the rest of my face without my t-zone getting too shiny. i love the giant applicator and the amount of product in here for the price is a pretty good deal. $29 for 15ml i chose the shade light beige and i think it matches me fine. i cant say for certain whether or not i will rebuy, bc i admit im someone who is easily persuaded to try new products, i have difficulty just sticking to one.

I have dry sensitive skin and the concealer broke me out and gave me pimples. The concealer also sets into my dry areas around my nose

on 9/16/2018 7:51:00 AM

Fabulous concealer and long lasting but blend well into your skin with lightening fast speed. It dries quickly and takes years off your looks if you have dark shadows. This was recommended by an Ulta makeup artist for my under eye circles .It puts the cheaper drugstore products to shame ! The Ulta consultant assured me it would last me at least a year as a mere speck goes a long way. The submersible sponge applicator can be kept clean by dotting concealet from applicator sponge to a clean concealer brush and fyi..Sephora has a great one !

on 9/9/2018 5:45:00 PM

Best concealer I’ve ever used wavy btter than shape tape , mac plw , bars etc ! Longwearing but not drying

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I've bought several concealers over the last 30+ years, but after a couple weeks they got shoved to the back of the drawer, and eventually tossed. By the time I needed concealer in my late 20's, my skin was already on the dry side, and everything I tried either eventually creased, got cakey, or disappeared in just an hour or two. This stuff doesn't. I am fortunate that Swan is a perfect mach. I wouldn't use it as a foundation as it's a heavier coverage than I want or need for all over, but a little of this and some mascara, and I could call it done and comfortably go on with my day. (I wouldn't, because I LIKE wearing make up, but I could.).

on 9/4/2018 11:20:00 AM

I wear shade Snow in the foundation, and I found that the same shade works for me in this concealer as well. I would have gone for Swan, that seemed like a good match too, but they didn't have it in stock. I'm glad I picked Snow though, I think it's the better match for me.

I gave it a 5 star rating based on the performance alone, as there are 2 things that I'm not too fond of: the price (but I guess it's forgivable, as the size makes up for it), and the bottle. I really don't like the opening, or the too-big doe foot applicator. Together, they make for a big mess :s

But back to the product itself, it's pretty great for covering under eye circles and camouflaging tiny bags. I tried using it to cover redness from a pimple, but it rubbed off the foundation I had on it already, so I will probably not use it for face concealing. But for eyes, it's the best I've used. It covers fully, it looks smooth and stays this way without creasing or fading. I have tiny bags, and they get camouflaged with this concealer. And you only need a very tiny bit, as it's thick and spreads easily. I can see this lasting me a very long time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Will be returning to Sephora, unfortunately thought this would live up to the hype so purchased online vs trying in store.

Value for a concealer is amazing, was really hoping this would take the place of my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer however several things about this just doesn't work. I would be more likely to suggest this as a highlighting/contouring product if the undertones match you.

1. Packaging is very poor compared to any concealer I've used - too much product comes out on the want and it has a funnel-like opening that collects lots of product on the outside of it rather than wiping the applicator off as you pull it out of the container. Messy, kinda gross for high end make-up and wastes product

2. All of the light shades are quite clearly yellow toned, does not work for neutral skin, oxidizes slightly as well

3. ...it just doesn't really conceal at all lol. I found when using it on spots I would end up going over them again with my Amazing Cosmetics or NARS concealer. More foundation-y for highlighting/contouring than concealing. I like a lighter foundation but when I conceal a spot I don't want that area seeing the light of day til I take my makeup off.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Well, another less than stellar rating! I give this a neutral 3 only because the coverage seemed like it would be very good and texture seemed fine BUT there were no shades at all for my NW20 skin. None. I swatched every single lighter shade and not a single one would have worked under my eyes. The Ulta sales rep said I wasn’t the first she couldn’t match! Pity, I would have bought. Bring out some cool shades please! I’ve no idea how people with very cool skin tone are using this without it being terribly obviously makeup?

on 9/1/2018 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Seriously confused why this has all good reviews on here? although the concealer is promising, i was so excited to receive this the minute it launched! the shade range is TERRIBLE i has the shade golden beige which was waaaaay to golden, i tried the shade light beige which oxidizes, i tried vanilla which is straight yellow, i tried almond which is also a very pale YELLOW, it doesn’t look realistic and makes you look like you’re visibly wearing makeup because of the coloring, it’s so tacky it never dries down? it reminds me of bye bye under eye by it cosmetics, it’s so wet and even when i set it with powder it just always has that sitting on top of your skin, extra layer look.. i wanted to love this because the packing is amazing, the amount of product you get is amazing and the idea of the concealer is amazing i’m so sad i don’t like this.. maybe if they came out with a matte version and different colors that don’t turn orange or yellow. I am olive skin toned so i’m pretty tan and warm so the fact they even look yellow on me is concerning for somebody who actually has pale or pink toned skin, it just won’t work out at all.