Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

3.9

on 11/3/2018 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- hydrating
- weightless
- full coverage
- blendable
- little goes a long way

CONS

- creases a tad bit

COMMENTS: Aside from a bit of creasing (and if that is pretty minimal), this is a fantastic product. This is what I wanted Shape Tape to be. It blends like a dream and covers so well. A little goes a very long way. I love the amount of product you get, too.

Will repurchase.

on 11/2/2018 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Finally something that I would buy again.... I'm 39 with horribly dark circles, lines, bags, crow feet... the lot. I've been on my own personal mission to find a concealer that does its job right.
I've tried all the high Street best brands to the higher end products from rodial cream concealer, mac pro longwear to hudda beauty's overachiever concealer and none of them perform like this does.
I used the colour light beige for my mac nc30 skin tone and it did not oxidise like the hudda one did. It matched my skin tone quite well although it was slightly lighter which didn't bother me.
I only use this under my eyes and it covered my darkness, not completely with one sweep-I did have to layer it twice.
I don't set my concealer and it does crease.
It does fade slightly as the day goes on, but at the end of the day (which is usually 11 hours of working and running around) I can look in the mirror and not be embarrassed by my dark circles but it does have faded cracked conceal.
Overall I'm happy that I've found this after so many years of being disappointed and for the price and amount you get it's a bonus!!

Edit: so after wearing this for a while, I have changed my mind.... I don't know how to make it stay put without it aging my eyes.... The concealer if set with powder ages me terribly and if set with a spray disapeaers I'd rather have dak eye bags than have eye bags that stand out a mile....

Second edit: almond oil is my friend! I have found out how to make this work.... I use a dab of sweet almond oil before I put btw on and massage it in, let it settle into the skin for 5 mins whilst I do other 'face' stuff like eye brows, then i go in with a small dot of btw concealer and a dot of yellow collection 2000 corrector, I don't know why it work, but it's somehow kept it on the face without looking dry, or cracked or faded!! Just don't over do it with the oil or it will only last 3 hours max.

on 10/22/2018 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

i am very surprised that this has taken the place of Tarte Shape Tape as my go to under eye concealer. I have been using Shape Tape for several years. I have trouble sleeping and so suffer with dark under eye circles that resist coverage. I love the Tarte but there is no doubt that it is more drying on my delicate under eye area than the Too Faced. This concealer is not quite as thick as the Shape Tape but looks more natural and I am willing to take the trade. I still use Shape Tape for my lids but am definitely a convert. Give it a try.

This concealer doesn't work for me! It's too heavy for my undereyes and when I use it on my face to cover blemishes it never looks natural and sits in my pores. By the way, I have oily skin.The coverage is medium. I have the original born this way and I liked the finish better because it looks more natural and skin like. The latter has a light to medium coverage. In my opinion I don't think this is a dupe for Tarte Shape Tape. Shape Tape is thinner in concistency, quite oil absorbing and looks more natural than the Too Faced.
I think the Make Up Revolution concealer is an exact dupe for the Too Faced Concealer. The Too Faced isn't as matte as the Shape Tape. The Camouflage Concealer by Catrice comes closer to the Shape Tape in concistency. Even the Colourpop would be considered a dupe for the Shape Tape.
I have the shade Snow which is a neutral pale shade, that is way lighter than light sand -pale yellow toned (Shape Tape). If you have NC20 skin I would recommend the shade Almond. If you wear light in the original Born this way concealer and it matches you perfectly I would recommend the shade Vanilla. The shade Vanilla in the Nars concealer is less pale and more pink toned whereas the shade Fair 2 in Colourpop concealer is even paler, almost white, than the shade Snow. Keep in mind that the Too Faced concealer slightly oxidizes.
Overall, I would say if you didn't like Shape Tape then you probably love this one but if you love Shape Tape don't expect this concealer to perform the same way.

on 10/15/2018 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A great dupe for Tarte Shape Tape! The only difference is that Shape Tape is slightly thicker, but this one works great cause it has the same coverage as Shape Tape but isn’t as cakey! This didn’t crease under my eyes at the end of the day as much as Shape Tape does.

Best. Concealer. Ever. Covers dark under eye circles like no other. Brightens up your whole complexion. Easy to apply and blend. Great color selection. A decent bit of product for the $29 price tag. Was about to repurchase the usual MAC pro long wear, but so glad I reached for this instead. So hydrating just like you’re born that way :)

on 10/12/2018 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

don't know how another brand could ever top this concealer. I don't even usually like too face but this is my holy grail. I don't know how I lived without it before. It is shape tape in coverage but not nearly as drying. Little bit goes a long way too much and you will get Cakey. But it doesn't settle in your lines and make you look older. So much comes in the bottle as well. half an ounce-that's half the size of a foundation for something you need a tiny dot of. Amazing

on 10/11/2018 4:23:00 PM

Unfortunately I think that this is breaking me out.
I haven't changed anything else with my makeup/skincare routine and now that I have stopped using this concealer, pimples are starting to disappear.
I like it under my eyes tought and I'm going to repurchase it after I run out. It covers my dark under eye circles nicely, doesn't crease or look dry and stays on pretty well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Pros:

- You get 15ml worth of product for the same price as concealers with half the amount
- This is crazy full coverage that stays full coverage even after blending
- minimal creasing and doesn't make your under eyes look dry like Shape Tape
- No need to set!! This will last all day without fading

Cons:

- the doe foot applicator is huge. Considering how full coverage this is you do not need a lot of product, seriously just the tiniest little dab is all I need for my eyes and they're really dark. Even if you use this for contour/highlight because of how far it blends out you still wouldn't need so big of an applicator. A lot of product gets wasted on the inner rim
- All the shades lean yellow

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Used it for the first time yesterday and my oh my, do I love it! I had it on for 12 hours and it didn’t budge, didn’t crease. It looked the same to when I first applied it in the morning. The coverage is good, a little goes a long way. I think I like this one than tarte shape tape.