Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

3.9

Bought this concealer because of the hype but honestly its overrated af. Its even drier than shape Tape so if u have dry skin, forget about it. It kinda reminds me of a cheap drugstore concealer cause the pigmentation is good, but it has a dry complex, and creases too much. Compared to Bye Bye Concealer by IT Cosmetics, i would definitely say they have same coverage and Born blends better but Byebye is better for dry skin. Still not sure if I will buy BornThisWay again.

on 11/18/2018 11:24:00 PM

I bought this because I heard it's a good value for the amount of product you get in a concealer. I own this in Snow and it's a good light, yellow-toned shade. Since my skin is extremely sensitive, I'm glad that this does not break me out or irritate my skin, but since I'm also dehydrated, I was very surprised that it did not emphasize my flakes. Under the eyes it does look a little heavy, so I do not like using this with a brush, preferably a sponge. With a brush it just seems to be too much and cakes up. It does well all over the face as a foundation as well, if you'd prefer to use it in this way, sheered out. In my opinion, this would be a medium to heavy concealer, considering it is in a liquid formula.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like the coverage but it really creases on me. Very reflective so very good for inner corner.

on 11/15/2018 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

With all the glowing reviews I bought this concealer, in the shade Nude, with high hopes. The bottle was huge compared to the average concealer purchase, however I found the doe foot applicator was also fairly huge which is difficult for a targeted application. I dabbed some on the back of my hand and applied under my eyes with a small concealer brush and finger tapped it to blend, then baked with It finishing powder. The results were incredibly disappointing: it looked dry and highlighted every fine line. The color - oh, no. Nude was described as fair rosy. Not on me it wasn’t. Definite yellow cast.

So thinking it was application, I proceeded to test it over the next two weeks. Primer, under foundation, over foundation, baked, not baked; different foundations, nothing made a difference. Dry, scaly looking, yellow skin. High hopes dashed. A definite no for me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Not sure what the hype is about with this concealer. I would say it's just okay. Every time I've used it it has looked textured and dry, and I do not have dry skin. I would recommend the Cover FX Power Play Concealer over this. It's not as full coverage, but can be built up, and even 3 layers of it would look more natural than this does. Plus, better shades!

on 11/8/2018 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The first thing that strikes you about this concealer is the size. It is the same size as your average foundation bottle, so that's pretty amazing. It cost me $41 Australian. I purchased this in the colour "snow" as I have very pale skin.

Anyway, as a concealer it's good, not amazing. I do not think this would work very well as a highlighter and I have not used it this way. I apply it as an under eye and general concealer using my Beauty Blender. It has a screw on lid and an applicator brush. I find it blends very easily and stays looking fresh the entire day. I doubt I would repurchase because it's good but not amazing. I can purchase better concealers at a cheaper price, although you do get a lot of product for $41.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was recommend this product and I'm so happy I purchased it! The BEST concealer I have ever used. It's not thick, doesn't settle, and covers well! I think for the price and the amount of product you get, it's absolutely worth it! The bottle is huge! I love the applicator. I mostly use this for under my eyes and a little goes a LOOOONG way. I'm around NC 25-30 and I bought light beige to lighten up my under eyes area.

I made sure to stock up during the 20% off at Sephora :)

on 11/5/2018 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I think this would be my perfect concealer if I could find a better shade match. I picked up the shade Snow as it looked OK in the store but at home it is too light and too yellow on me (I'm around NW18/20). But I can make it work if I mix with another darker neutral concealer. The other tricky part of this for me is that because it's so pigmented and high coverage, I don't like to apply direct to my under eyes. I pat on the back of my hand and then use a small concealer brush to apply under my eyes. This works pretty well as I'm not trying for the Youtuber level of coverage (I'm sixty with dark circles, bags and fine lines so overdoing the concealer is not flattering). As others have commented, it's long lasting, non drying and doesn't settle too much into lines. If you can find your shade match I think it's a brilliant concealer. I recently tried out the new Cover Fx Power Play concealer and although it doesn't have quite as much coverage, I've found a perfect color match in N Light 1, which is more neutral than yellow. It's also as long lasting as the Too Faced and non-drying.

on 11/3/2018 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- hydrating
- weightless
- full coverage
- blendable
- little goes a long way

CONS

- creases a tad bit

COMMENTS: Aside from a bit of creasing (and if that is pretty minimal), this is a fantastic product. This is what I wanted Shape Tape to be. It blends like a dream and covers so well. A little goes a very long way. I love the amount of product you get, too.

Will repurchase.

on 11/2/2018 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Finally something that I would buy again.... I'm 39 with horribly dark circles, lines, bags, crow feet... the lot. I've been on my own personal mission to find a concealer that does its job right.
I've tried all the high Street best brands to the higher end products from rodial cream concealer, mac pro longwear to hudda beauty's overachiever concealer and none of them perform like this does.
I used the colour light beige for my mac nc30 skin tone and it did not oxidise like the hudda one did. It matched my skin tone quite well although it was slightly lighter which didn't bother me.
I only use this under my eyes and it covered my darkness, not completely with one sweep-I did have to layer it twice.
I don't set my concealer and it does crease.
It does fade slightly as the day goes on, but at the end of the day (which is usually 11 hours of working and running around) I can look in the mirror and not be embarrassed by my dark circles but it does have faded cracked conceal.
Overall I'm happy that I've found this after so many years of being disappointed and for the price and amount you get it's a bonus!!

Edit: so after wearing this for a while, I have changed my mind.... I don't know how to make it stay put without it aging my eyes.... The concealer if set with powder ages me terribly and if set with a spray disapeaers I'd rather have dak eye bags than have eye bags that stand out a mile....

Second edit: almond oil is my friend! I have found out how to make this work.... I use a dab of sweet almond oil before I put btw on and massage it in, let it settle into the skin for 5 mins whilst I do other 'face' stuff like eye brows, then i go in with a small dot of btw concealer and a dot of yellow collection 2000 corrector, I don't know why it work, but it's somehow kept it on the face without looking dry, or cracked or faded!! Just don't over do it with the oil or it will only last 3 hours max.