Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer

3.9

on 2/20/2019 12:24:00 PM

THIS CREASES!! A few hours into wearing it, it starts looking very obvious and unflattering. Don't known why people compare it to Tarte Shape Tape. It's nothing like that! It's a more moisturizing but a whole lot worse in every other way

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love the packaging! I have tendinitis in my right hand and this feels very comfortable to hold due to large size. I originally was matched to Mocha as a concealer, but it looked too pink on my golden undertone. I then got butterscotch as a highlighting concealer for under eye. It’s hydrating which feels good under my eyes. Its full coverage, so I only need a small amount to get the coverage I want. It stays put once set with powder so no need to worry about it moving or shifting. Also, there are mini sizes available ($10) with the darkest shade being Butterscocth. Unfortunately, they don’t make darker shades in mini sizes to try

on 2/12/2019 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Great product. I ave used drugstore, Maybelline Fit Me, Age Rewind and high end. Laura Mercier and Benefit Brightening. The drugstore concealers did nothing for my dark circles and bags. Both the Laura Mercier and Benefit were good nut Born This Way is outstanding. The trick is the tiniest dot and pat it on. No setting powder. Use it alone without foundation. Not cakey Shade match to Mac F&B perfect. I personally do not like the lighter undereye look. If I ever run out, which I highly doubt would repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This concealer has definitely reached HG status, right up there with UD Naked Skin concealer, and the coverage is absolutely great. Unlike the foundation from the same line, it is hydrating without being greasy or oily. The packaging is also nice and it can also easily be used as foundation replacement. Even the price is somewhat justified, considering the amount that you get. As of late, this is the only concealer I`ve been using and I liked it so much that I even recommended it to my family members and friends. I wish this concealer was more popular cause it`s really a gem!
PROS :
- Great coverage
- Hydrating without greasiness
- Nice packaging
- Minimal creasing
CONS :
- Price ( for some )
- The applicator is bigger than most
- Can feel a bit heavy after the 8 hour mark

on 2/2/2019 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I decided to purchase this after reading so many rave reviews about it and unfortunately I regret buying it. It was touted as being perhaps even better than Tarte shape Tape which is a staple of mine. This couldn't be further from the truth.

I bought a lighter shade specifically for use under my eyes and I find it creases right away upon application and after setting it with powder. As you can imagine, with the creasing it gives a weathered look to the eyes and just looks awful.

It is hydrating and full coverage, but that's no good if it creases like crazy. I almost wish it wasn't so generously sized so that I can use it up faster. As I bought a highlighting shade, I can't use it for blemishes or as a foundation unless I mix it with something darker.

I don't know how this works as a foundation or blemish concealer, but I wouldn't recommend it for use under the eyes if you have any fine lines. For my undereyes, I'll remain faithful to my holy grail full-coverage combo which is Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer with some Tarte Shape Tape mixed in. I get full coverage and absolutely no creasing with this combo even after a 15 hour work day. Moral of the story- if it aint broke, don't fix it. Lesson learned.

on 1/3/2019 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this product. On the one hand, it does an excellent job at covering dark circles under my eyes, yet at the same time has a very visible heavy concealer look once applied. I wear the shade 'Snow', and find that it is a bit too light, but was the closest match to my skin out of the large selection of shades - too many in my opinion. This also creases on me and I find it very hard to blend. Lastly, the sponge tip applicator wand is simply awkward and not ideal for using as an under-eye concealer.

This is the most disappointing concealer I have ever used, and clearly I am in the minority. For reference, I am 21, avid sunscreen and skincare user. I have dry skin that I moisturize well. I have very (very!) faint fine lines under my eyes. I have the pros and cons listed.

PROS:
-Packaging, doe foot applicator
-Thin and very easy to blend
-fantastic product vs. price ratio
-AMAZING coverage, better than shape tape imo

CONS:
-Creases immediately, creases with setting powder used immediately on top (I use LM translucent), creases after waiting for it to dry fully before setting, creases both using a sponge and brush to blend, creases in any weather, creases with both small and large amounts used.
-makes my under eyes appear ridiculously older and saggy as if gravity is pulling my skin down with this crap on
-Ridiculously yellow and inconsistent shades. I have one of the yellowest, light olive skin tones I have seen and none of these shades matched me. I'm an NC20. I tried Vanilla first (too dark and orangey yellow), then Snow (too pale) and finally Almond (too yellow but depth wise okay)- which I am forcing myself to use up

I am shocked at HOW bad this concealer looks on my face. I have never had a concealer look this bad on me. I've tried many drugstore concealers, and with setting powder they all look great. My HG is the tarte shape tape-don't know why I strayed bc that stuff does NOT crease even without powder. I do not understand how this manages to crease with setting, i am dumbfounded. Clearly, this works for many people, and if you're able to find a shade and this somehow looks good on your undereyes go for it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This was an definite no for me. I have used shape tape and liked it. NARS radiant creamy concealer has been a go too. I don’t have a lot to cover under my eyes, I do have acne. I wanted a concealer that could do both but I get it if it can’t and I don’t hold it against the concealer if it’s a one trick pony.
This concealer was very dry. Like I could only do one eye at a time but it always dried before I could blend it so it looked thick and flaky. The color match was not great. It was very yellow and I’m very neutral toned. I tried it as a spot concealer, and again, it dried very bunchy and flaky. I did not sculpt with it so maybe that’s ok.
I tried it with a damp sponge, brush, and fingers. It never looked better.
The packaging is giant. It looks like a baby foundation and the doe foot is huge. So on one hand you get a lot for your money. On the other hand, for how I would use it, it would dry out or expire before getting used up so I actually would prefer a smaller bottle. The doe foots seem very unsanitary as well. I’d rather those be in smaller bottles that I can use up in 6 months or so. If I get that much product I think a pump like MAC pro longwear would be much better. I returned this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I’m really surprised that so many reviewers find this more drying than shape tape! For me the main difference is that this is less dry!
Having said that, I also find the coverage to be slightly compromised compared to shape tape. However, one of the things I both like and dislike (depending on the situation and time constraints) about shape tape is you really don’t have that much “setting time” before you have to start blending or it’ll just harden like calamine lotion. This gives a little more leeway, and there’s something about that time to set that makes a difference in coverage and longevity. If that makes sense?
So... I like this very much, excellent shade range to choose from, and I think the price is pretty good considering the fact that this is a lot of product for a concealer.
Of course, I’ve now found that this works best IN TANDEM with shape tape, meaning applied over it. Then set time then blend. So really what this has done is added one more step and product. But let’s face it if I was so concerned with a low maintenance routine and pared down cosmetic collection I probably wouldn’t be here on Makeup Alley.

All in all I’m impressed with this and I’m really glad it exsists because I can buy it at Sephora and the one Ulta in my city is kind of far, never has anything in stock and the website is a pain too. It’s good to have an alternative.

Hands down the best concealer I’ve ever used. I can pop this on my undereyes (T zone), blend it out, set with a powder, and be good to go for the day... no foundation necessary. It’s amazing how well this covers up imperfections. This stuff would conceal your darkest secrets! I swear it’s a game changer. I’ve recommended it to all my friends and I will definitely repurchase. I have used only as a concealer and not as a contour.