Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

3.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane-35, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol

on 9/2/2018 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'll start this review by saying I only apply foundation with a dry sponge or brush, so this may work better with a damp sponge/fingers.

This did not blend well at all & oxidized fairly quickly on me. It seemed to stay streaky no matter how hard I tried to blend so I guess it just dries down very quickly? I'm not sure but it looked pretty blotchy. The color match also seemed good until 20 minutes later when it started to look kind of orangey, which really puts even more emphasis into the streakiness.

This was the first foundation I have tried by Dior & I may try a different one but this one was just awful. Would not recommend.

on 9/1/2018 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation so much, it’s pretty long wearing for how liquidy/sheer the texture is & sits well on my textured oily skin, best shade match i’ve ever had ! 2WO for olive undertones, if they just had a 1 or 1.5 WO i think it’d be my EXACT skin tone.

My Shade: I tried 1N but it was not a good match, oxidised very dark and orange.
Other shades that work for me: TF BTW Porcelain, EL Doublewear 1N2 Ecru, MAC C1.

I have to be honest, I tried this because Meghan Markle supposedly wore it to her wedding - and I am glad I did! Dior Face And Body is a lovely light-medium coverage foundation. I found it applied best with a damp beauty blender. It looks skin like, my freckles show through, but the skin tone is evened out and the skin looks natural, healthy and fresh. It is almost like a real-life Instagram filter! It wore well throughout the day, and didn’t fade or seperate. It did become shinier throughout the day, but not overly so. A light dusting of powder or some blotting paper would be enough to fix this. The only downside to this product is that I believe it caused some small whiteheads on my face and it is quite expensive. However I would definitely recommend this product to those who are not sensitive or breakout prone. But for the price, I would personally prefer a product which doesn’t break me out. I also find the colour range runs dark. I am N15/Nars Mont Blanc and the shade 1N was much too dark and orange for my skin. Paler people will definitely have trouble finding their shade. While this product isn’t for me, it has many pros, and if it didn’t break me out I would be recommending it.

on 8/30/2018 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this foundation! Looks beautiful on my dry skin. I love the look of it and the lasting power, shade range, but took off a lippie because I really only got it to work using a very precise application method, which is also quite time-consuming, so if I’m in a hurry, this would certainly not be my go-to foundation. The method goes like this:

I apply a thick sunscreen for my dry skin, then immediately apply a light layer of this using my fingers. I give it a few minutes to set then go in with a second layer to spot conceal my problem areas. Then I give that another few minutes to set, then dab those areas with a flat top kabuki brush. That’s when I reach perfection with this, then apply a setting powder. The result really is perfect, but as mentioned earlier, is time-consuming.

I haven’t tried this in the winter though, so that’ll be the ultimate test for my dry skin. I will update this post once I’ve had a chance to wear this for a while in the winter weather.

on 8/28/2018 10:58:00 PM

I wanted to love this foundation. I was looking for something that would feel light on the skin and last all day. Sadly this foundation made me breakout immediately. I have highly sensitive skin and the strong perfume smell was not pleasing. If they can make this foundation with cleaner ingredients, then I would consider trying it again. For the price and brand, I expected more.

on 8/27/2018 10:00:00 PM

If, like me, you like to really blend your foundation into the skin with a brush like Sigma F80, you might not like this. I received a deluxe sample with a recent Sephora order and was very excited to try it. Sadly, after 3 tries with three different moisturizers with sunscreen underneath, I'm going to throw it out. It was so bad that if I had been going to work those days I would have washed it off.
You have to put this on quickly in sections and leave it alone otherwise it will "pull off" onto itself. It's a very, very strange texture that can quickly look blotchy and patchy. Blending makes it worse and worse. I like to have foundation in the center of my face and blend it out really well to the edges for a light look and there is no way to do this with this foundation. Get a sample or make sure you can return it.

This is Dior , so I hope to get DIOR standard , this product is not high end foundation, it is more like a quality of a middle range brands.
It sits on my skin, just like cheap foundation does.
In drugstore foundation, I can never get color that i want.
On middle range foundation, I hate the quality and the texture of the products.
In this foundation, I can work the color, but seriously I hate the texture.
I really don't like this foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like this foundation. The finish is quite natural but still covers my redness. I find the longevity excellent, and I have only worn it in steamy summer weather. My skin tends to be dry, but this didn’t cling to my cheeks. It also looked good on my shiny nose.

I absolutely adore this foundation. I have combination skin which can get very oily in places. It glides in beautifully, minimal effort. Sets to a satin matte finish, one or two layers works for me. Natural but it looks kind of air brushed. It lasts very well with no issues at all. I’m on holiday currently and I pop a bit on before I head to the beach and it lasts all day.
I’ve seen a lot of comments on the scent. I have hugely sensitive eyes and this foundation has not caused me any problems. I couldn’t use GALS for that reason as something in it irritated me. I set the foundation with a touch of hourglass powder and it feels like I’m wearing nothing at all. Love this stuff and will buy again, great price too in my opinion.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This foundation oxidises. I bought one in warm olive (4). Too dark. Exchanged it for warm (3). Still looked dark. Now ordering warm (2) so hopefully this one won’t look too dark on me. I love how light it feels and how it looks on my skin. Combined with skin fx matte setting powder, my skin looks flawless even after 7 hrs of wear.