Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

3.3

on 9/9/2018 6:26:00 AM

This is a very simple basic formula that is packaged in a minimalistic simple bottle that is 1.7 oz/50 ml. Yet Dior achieves excellent aesthetics for both the packaging and for the finish of the product on the skin.

The foundation does apply fairly easily, is buildable and settles well. However, I find it a bit too "wet" and not as dry as the Armani Luminous Silk foundation after it has settled on the skin. It also oxidizes much more than it should.

The finish is natural (but letting almost no skin through even when applied in a very thin layer) unlike the Armani LS that lets the skin naturally come through, lending an exceptionally natural finish to the skin.

As it has been pointed out by a previous reviewer that the Armani LS has a more luminous and natural finish. It also contains a natural emulsifier (and an excellent hypoallergenic emollient) that does hydrate the skin, while the product from Dior is based solely on a silicone emulsifier and silicone oils, yet it feels heavier and more hydrating on the skin, but somehow not in a good way.

It sadly also caused blemishes on the site of application.

I find this foundation nice on the skin even after several hours it is in place and with minimal shine. That being said, I find this "shine" harsher than the one from the Armani LS which is more flattering even though this shine tends to appear faster on my skin when using the Armani LS.

I also find the colour range of Dior dark, also because the colours do oxidize fairly quickly after application.
In the summer/early autumn I use 7 (neutral) in Armani LS but the number 3.5 (neutral) and 3 (warm) in Dior Backstage are way too dark (and the numer 3 is way too yellow) even with a summer tan.

I also find that a fragrance-free product would have been a better choice. Unfortunately while the fragrance is not prominent, it does linger even after several hours after application and I do find it disturbing.

Maybe sunscreen should have been included?

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane-35, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Horrible grandma scent, emphasizes texture. Even with a wide shade range I could not match my shade.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although it leaks a bit when you first use it, the formula is brilliant here.

If you are into your medium coverage, semi-matte foundations - I think you might really love this one. I have dry skin, so did not know what to expect at first, but as long as I exfoliate/moisturize well and use a moderate amount of product - I truly get picture perfect results. Skin looks like skin, but a much better version of it.

I also like the fact that there are 40 shades in the range; 1.5 N turned out to be a perfect match for my light-neutral complexion. Blended easily, set relatively fast and you can easily use either fingers or brushes to add more/less coverage. It is a very buildable formula, just don't get carried away. I personally do not set it with powder, so if you have normal, combo or even oily skin - I think you will love just how long-wearing this product is. I'll leave a link to my in-depth review for those of you who want more details, application tips and makeup look (https://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/09/05/Dior-Backstage-Face-Body-Foundation-Review). Hope this helps!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I just want to say HALLELUJAH

Dior FINALLY FINALLY after years and years (seriously like 10years) of waiting... has released shades that are light enough for my fair skintone.

I don't even care about the formula and the foundation. I'm just so happy Dior finally has a shade range greater than 7 shades. What a miracle 2018 is!! What took them so long? Chanel can you please do this too?

on 9/2/2018 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'll start this review by saying I only apply foundation with a dry sponge or brush, so this may work better with a damp sponge/fingers.

This did not blend well at all & oxidized fairly quickly on me. It seemed to stay streaky no matter how hard I tried to blend so I guess it just dries down very quickly? I'm not sure but it looked pretty blotchy. The color match also seemed good until 20 minutes later when it started to look kind of orangey, which really puts even more emphasis into the streakiness.

This was the first foundation I have tried by Dior & I may try a different one but this one was just awful. Would not recommend.

on 9/1/2018 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation so much, it’s pretty long wearing for how liquidy/sheer the texture is & sits well on my textured oily skin, best shade match i’ve ever had ! 2WO for olive undertones, if they just had a 1 or 1.5 WO i think it’d be my EXACT skin tone.

My Shade: I tried 1N but it was not a good match, oxidised very dark and orange.
Other shades that work for me: TF BTW Porcelain, EL Doublewear 1N2 Ecru, MAC C1.

I have to be honest, I tried this because Meghan Markle supposedly wore it to her wedding - and I am glad I did! Dior Face And Body is a lovely light-medium coverage foundation. I found it applied best with a damp beauty blender. It looks skin like, my freckles show through, but the skin tone is evened out and the skin looks natural, healthy and fresh. It is almost like a real-life Instagram filter! It wore well throughout the day, and didn’t fade or seperate. It did become shinier throughout the day, but not overly so. A light dusting of powder or some blotting paper would be enough to fix this. The only downside to this product is that I believe it caused some small whiteheads on my face and it is quite expensive. However I would definitely recommend this product to those who are not sensitive or breakout prone. But for the price, I would personally prefer a product which doesn’t break me out. I also find the colour range runs dark. I am N15/Nars Mont Blanc and the shade 1N was much too dark and orange for my skin. Paler people will definitely have trouble finding their shade. While this product isn’t for me, it has many pros, and if it didn’t break me out I would be recommending it.

on 8/30/2018 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this foundation! Looks beautiful on my dry skin. I love the look of it and the lasting power, shade range, but took off a lippie because I really only got it to work using a very precise application method, which is also quite time-consuming, so if I’m in a hurry, this would certainly not be my go-to foundation. The method goes like this:

I apply a thick sunscreen for my dry skin, then immediately apply a light layer of this using my fingers. I give it a few minutes to set then go in with a second layer to spot conceal my problem areas. Then I give that another few minutes to set, then dab those areas with a flat top kabuki brush. That’s when I reach perfection with this, then apply a setting powder. The result really is perfect, but as mentioned earlier, is time-consuming.

I haven’t tried this in the winter though, so that’ll be the ultimate test for my dry skin. I will update this post once I’ve had a chance to wear this for a while in the winter weather.

on 8/28/2018 10:58:00 PM

I wanted to love this foundation. I was looking for something that would feel light on the skin and last all day. Sadly this foundation made me breakout immediately. I have highly sensitive skin and the strong perfume smell was not pleasing. If they can make this foundation with cleaner ingredients, then I would consider trying it again. For the price and brand, I expected more.

on 8/27/2018 10:00:00 PM

If, like me, you like to really blend your foundation into the skin with a brush like Sigma F80, you might not like this. I received a deluxe sample with a recent Sephora order and was very excited to try it. Sadly, after 3 tries with three different moisturizers with sunscreen underneath, I'm going to throw it out. It was so bad that if I had been going to work those days I would have washed it off.
You have to put this on quickly in sections and leave it alone otherwise it will "pull off" onto itself. It's a very, very strange texture that can quickly look blotchy and patchy. Blending makes it worse and worse. I like to have foundation in the center of my face and blend it out really well to the edges for a light look and there is no way to do this with this foundation. Get a sample or make sure you can return it.