Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

3.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane-35, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol

on 4/19/2019 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don’t even know where to begin! This is the best versatile foundation out there!
First of all I can alternate the coverage- for everyday I’ll wear it as is, but if I want more I’ll mix it in with my farsali drops.

Second of all you get 50ml for 40$ which is the standard price for high end makeup BUT it’s almost double the amount.. sounds like a great deal

But let’s talk about my skin and the foundation.
I have oily textured skin, this foundation makes everything so smooth! It controls my oil even though my prep routine leans to hydrate and minimize pores. My powders helps my shine the most and this foundation works great with my kit.
It doesn’t separate on my face which is a major problem with most of the foundations I try, it covers most of my issues (without mixing anything for better coverage) but that’s a good thing because I actually like spot concealing, I don’t want to feel heavy all over.

Honestly as I was doing my makeup I felt like a model the finish is a natural kinda glass like but that’s not a bad thing even tho my skin is oily BECAUSE powder fixes everything lol

The last test this foundation need to pass is the sensitive skin part. If it makes me breakout I’ll update, and probably stop using it lol.

I recommend using a flat top dense brush, definitely not a sponge.

on 4/13/2019 10:09:00 PM

This foundation is good it is light on skin but will not suit oily skin

on 4/13/2019 8:32:00 PM

This product confuses me. I have oily skin and I do like how it looks after initial application. It applies wonderfully and looks great for the first half of my day (about 5 hours). This is where it won the extra lippie.

Where it lost all other lippies is that by after lunch my oils break through and this looks greasy. I might just have weird skin because this is supposed to be a oily skin dream - but it just doesn’t work. On top of it I notice once my oils come through, it combines with the foundation and oxidizes on me. It also disappears on my chin and lower cheeks (the area starting below my contour). I’ve tested this for months and been very good about not touching my face or that area so I know it isn’t that. I’ve also tried with different primers and powders - I haven’t had luck. What’s worse is that because it oxidizes, everything contour up is darker and oily looking, while below my contour is basically my skin. Even my husband asked what was going on with my face makeup when I got home from work and he rarely notices stuff like that!

I have to say this was a major miss for me because of all the surrounding hype and price tag. I can’t personally recommend this to anyone.

on 3/30/2019 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

UPDATE: WHILE I LOVE THE COLOR MATCH AND CONSISTENCY OF THIS FOUNDATION, SADLY IT BROKE ME OUT. I WAS HOPING IT WASN'T THE FOUNDATION AND I DID A PROCESS OF ELIMINATION OF PRODUCTS (SKIN CARE AND MAKEUP) TO BE SURE. I USED THE FOUNDATION FOR ALMOST A MONTH AND MY SKIN JUST WASN'T HAVING IT:( ONCE I READ THE INGREDIENT LIST IT MADE SENSE. IT WAS A GRADUAL PROCESS STARTING WITH VERY SMALL SPOTS AND AREAS OF IRRITATION (NOT ALL AT ONCE) AND EVENTUALLY ENDED UP ALL OVER MY CHIN, NOSE AND CHEEKS (VERY MINIMALLY ON MY FOREHEAD WHICH IS WHERE I APPLIED IT THE LIGHTEST). I DID FIND A SUITABLE ALTERNATIVE IN COVER FX (SHADE G+40) WHICH IS EQUALLY STUNNING EXCEPT WITHOUT ALL THE HARSH INGREDIENTS (FORMULAS ARE VEGAN AND CLEAN).

Love, love, love this foundation for many reasons, but specifically because I found my perfect shade (2WO). Light/medium warm olive skin is notoriously difficult to color match. There just aren’t a lot of options out there for my skin tone and I end up having to settle with what I hate the least in foundations. Not this one. It’s buildable without being cakey, not matte nor dewey, but rather a nice satin finish on my skin (I’m mostly dry with slight combo in T-zone). I apply with a sponge as that’s my favorite method of applying. Even though there isn’t a pump (it’s similar packaging to Mac’s Face and Body) I can gauge pretty well what a pump is for me and one “pump” (pour) applied with my sponge covers my entire face with coverage similar to a tinted moisturizer or bb cream. A second pour gives me beautiful medium coverage. If I’m having a bad allergy day and fussing with my nose then inevitably it will disappear from that area or get a little patchy, but that’s true for any foundation. I have tried many, many foundations over the years, both high-end and drug store, and have not had one not get patchy or disappear after wiping my mouth with a napkin or blowing my nose throughout the day. I don’t set it with anything after applying because of my dry skin and it still looks beautiful at the end of my work day. It doesn’t transfer during everyday tasks such as talking on the phone or hugging someone. I can’t say enough about this foundation and thank you hardly seems like enough, but thank you Dior for this amazing product; it’s my holy grail foundation. P.S. it photographs beautifully:)

on 3/17/2019 7:15:00 AM

Let me start by saying I have combo skin (dry-oily), I am on my thirties and I live in a humid place.
This is one of those products i have mixed feelings about after several months using it.
I love the shade range, the medium coverage and how well it wears on those days that you feel your face melting due to heat and sweat.
From the begining I didnt like the wear time ( around 4-5 Hours in my case) and that it wasnt sponge friendly ( my favourite way of applying foundation).
However, during these last months of a very mild winter I have used it several times and been horrified of how patchy it looks and dissapears from my face. I even did a wear test one day ( stayed at home most of the day, running only 2 errands that didnt raje me more than an hour) and looking at my face every hour for 6 hours without another stich of make up on showed me that I wasnt freaking out for nothing. After only 2 hours i could see patches around my nose and chin. At three in my cheeks... at 4 it was a complete mess!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I think this foundation hasn't the proper fan base it deserves, because it is a very good one.
With a tremendous 60 shades selection....you will find the shade you need. *As a side note, Dior Star and Dior Nude ranges no longer exist (my beauty rep at Sephora confirmed me that they had to send back all the bottles and testers of these ones, to my big dismay as I loved both !).
Yes, Backstage is a light to medium coverage foundation, with an adjustable and layerable coverage.
On good skin days you can go w/ one layer, in ,my case i do 2 layers. It covers my hyperpigmenation quite well - but not entierely as EL Double Wear or Forever Undercover would do - but the effect is so natural... it looks like skin. if you get the right shade, it would be hard to discern if you are wearing foundation or not!
I was told I looked so good with no makeup on (and I was wearing this foundation !!:o)
It has a matte finish but not dull, and has a very lightweight feel. It's like having nothing on your skin. I love the sensation.
You don't need to powder it (I do it anyways as I have a nasty T-zone).
I have bought shade 3WO - a warm olive - as I am yellow undertoned, with a NW 15-20 fair/medium skintone, after trying it in the store many times on my hands.
A word of caution: don't be scared upon application as I was when I applied on my face.
At first sight I was freaking out as it SEEMS to go darker (at least one tone darker than what comes out the bottle) but instead of oxidizing more, it went somewhat lighter in shade and matched my skin perfectly. Just let it set dry.
It will look marvellous if you hydrate properly underneath. Lasts for a solid 18 hours without budging.
Please note this has no SPF in it - it has been made with fashion shows in mind so a lot of photoshooting, and as you know SPF gets flashback - so it's very good to use in the evening or for some occasions.
But for the day remember to use SPF underneath (I have to remind this to myself, as sometimes I skip it relying on the SPF contained in the foundation, SPF25 or 35 like in Forever is more than enough in winter...)
Another reason I am such a fan is the packaging: a super lighweight, travel-friendly plastic bottle!
So good to travel with, the bottle is super elegant and the rubbery feel makes you want to play with it forever: in addition it will not be bothered if you drop it on the tiled bathroom floor!
And the tiny nozzle allows you press the correct amount you need (not so easy with a pump); in addition it has 50 ml instead of the regular 30 ml for the same price. For me it ticks all the boxes!

on 1/23/2019 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a 50 year old with very good skin however when I put this on my husband said I looked tired and all my lines were amplified.

Off it came and into the bin it went. Shame because the texture was nice and it wore well.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have Combo Skin with an extremely oily T-Zone with an Asian Olive complexion. I have the W3 and am about NW30-35.

Pros:
- It is a great natural looking foundation; my partner approves of it and saids it evens out my skin and makes it look so healthy (he knows nothing of makeup so if he loves my skin when I'm wearing this foundation then it's a thumbs up for me).
- Light buildable coverage - would not recommend for someone who wants full glam coverage.
- Sturdy packaging but because the foundation is so runny, you get foundation gunk outside the nozzle and will have to wipe it but very travel friendly.
- You get 50ml instead of the average 30ml, since I don't like full coverage, I only use 1 layer so this will last me a while.
- Gives you a satin/matte finish and feels quite silicone-y in texture when you apply it.
- Does not oxidse (I always go a shade lighter than my neck and adjust with bronzer, that way, you can never go wrong).
- Long wear, did not break up on my face although can settle in to smile lines.
- I got shiny (not sweaty) on my T-Zone (which is inevitable for me) but wasn't too bad, nothing powder can't fix.

Cons:
- It is stupidly expensive for a foundation.
- I do not recommend this for someone with sensitive skin; it has alcohol which can argivate the skin, numerous silicone based products which can clog up pores (Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone), it is very Fragence based (Phenoxyethanol, BHT & Other Perfume Frangrances) and numerous allergens (Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol).
- It has a strong Grandma's house mixed with artifical flowers smell when you put it on.
- Would not recommend this as an everyday foundation as I feel it will break me out, I will have to thoroughly wash this off every use.
- I would prep the skin quite well before use so that it doesn't exaggerate dry skin, enlarge pores and oil control.

Overall:
- I would repurchase but will only use it for special occasions as it's so beautiful on but so full of ingredients which is not good for regular use.
- If you are looking for affordable alternatives, I would go for Essence #insta perfect liquid makeup or the Nyx Total Control Drop Foundation.

on 12/25/2018 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Oh god, I hate this stuff. I got a sample of it after wanting to try it for months, and I'm so glad I didn't spend money on the bottle. I tried putting this on with a brush and my fingers (which Dior recommends), and both times the foundation clung to the tiny hairs on my skin and in the corners of my nose. Iy emphasized my pores and looked generally god awful. I didn't try a sponge as every review I've read or watched says that it just soaked up the product, and that seems like such a waste to me. I work N1, which seemed to be a good match for my NC20 skin. Where the foundation looked okay, it felt nice, but I couldn't get over how terrible it looked everywhere else. I'll be sticking with my Estee Lauder Double Wear.

on 12/11/2018 4:13:00 PM

I tried this base because the lady at sephora recomended it and I have to say THANK YOU BEAUTIFUL LADY! I have combination skin and for my everyday I like a sheer coverage, but every base I’ve tried ends up dissapearing by the end of the day on my T-zone, but this stayed with me until the very end, even though I was on a rush and didn’t set it or used a primer underneath (just my daily moisturizer and a spritz of rose water). This make up melts on my skin like heaven and it’s nearly invisible. It does cling on some dry spots around my nose so prepped skin is necessary. I wouldn’t personally recomend this for people with dry skin, but you can always try different ways until you find one that works for you. Also, though it says you can build coverage, to me, it doesn’t seem like a very good idea (haven’t tried it but it’s so thin I could mess it up i so many ways, since I’m fairly new to make-up), so I would go for a high coverage base instead. Finally, about the ingredients, I do have somewhat sensitive skin, but haven’t had any problems, though I’ve only had it for a few days. Do get a tester first because it seems to be common to get skin issues. TL;DR sheer coverage, great durability, not for dry skin, harsh ingredients so test first