Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation

Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
Backstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body FoundationBackstage Face & Body Foundation

3.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyurethane-35, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, BHT, Tocopherol

on 3/17/2019 7:15:00 AM

Let me start by saying I have combo skin (dry-oily), I am on my thirties and I live in a humid place.
This is one of those products i have mixed feelings about after several months using it.
I love the shade range, the medium coverage and how well it wears on those days that you feel your face melting due to heat and sweat.
From the begining I didnt like the wear time ( around 4-5 Hours in my case) and that it wasnt sponge friendly ( my favourite way of applying foundation).
However, during these last months of a very mild winter I have used it several times and been horrified of how patchy it looks and dissapears from my face. I even did a wear test one day ( stayed at home most of the day, running only 2 errands that didnt raje me more than an hour) and looking at my face every hour for 6 hours without another stich of make up on showed me that I wasnt freaking out for nothing. After only 2 hours i could see patches around my nose and chin. At three in my cheeks... at 4 it was a complete mess!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I think this foundation hasn't the proper fan base it deserves, because it is a very good one.
With a tremendous 60 shades selection....you will find the shade you need. *As a side note, Dior Star and Dior Nude ranges no longer exist (my beauty rep at Sephora confirmed me that they had to send back all the bottles and testers of these ones, to my big dismay as I loved both !).
Yes, Backstage is a light to medium coverage foundation, with an adjustable and layerable coverage.
On good skin days you can go w/ one layer, in ,my case i do 2 layers. It covers my hyperpigmenation quite well - but not entierely as EL Double Wear or Forever Undercover would do - but the effect is so natural... it looks like skin. if you get the right shade, it would be hard to discern if you are wearing foundation or not!
I was told I looked so good with no makeup on (and I was wearing this foundation !!:o)
It has a matte finish but not dull, and has a very lightweight feel. It's like having nothing on your skin. I love the sensation.
You don't need to powder it (I do it anyways as I have a nasty T-zone).
I have bought shade 3WO - a warm olive - as I am yellow undertoned, with a NW 15-20 fair/medium skintone, after trying it in the store many times on my hands.
A word of caution: don't be scared upon application as I was when I applied on my face.
At first sight I was freaking out as it SEEMS to go darker (at least one tone darker than what comes out the bottle) but instead of oxidizing more, it went somewhat lighter in shade and matched my skin perfectly. Just let it set dry.
It will look marvellous if you hydrate properly underneath. Lasts for a solid 18 hours without budging.
Please note this has no SPF in it - it has been made with fashion shows in mind so a lot of photoshooting, and as you know SPF gets flashback - so it's very good to use in the evening or for some occasions.
But for the day remember to use SPF underneath (I have to remind this to myself, as sometimes I skip it relying on the SPF contained in the foundation, SPF25 or 35 like in Forever is more than enough in winter...)
Another reason I am such a fan is the packaging: a super lighweight, travel-friendly plastic bottle!
So good to travel with, the bottle is super elegant and the rubbery feel makes you want to play with it forever: in addition it will not be bothered if you drop it on the tiled bathroom floor!
And the tiny nozzle allows you press the correct amount you need (not so easy with a pump); in addition it has 50 ml instead of the regular 30 ml for the same price. For me it ticks all the boxes!

on 1/23/2019 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a 50 year old with very good skin however when I put this on my husband said I looked tired and all my lines were amplified.

Off it came and into the bin it went. Shame because the texture was nice and it wore well.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have Combo Skin with an extremely oily T-Zone with an Asian Olive complexion. I have the W3 and am about NW30-35.

Pros:
- It is a great natural looking foundation; my partner approves of it and saids it evens out my skin and makes it look so healthy (he knows nothing of makeup so if he loves my skin when I'm wearing this foundation then it's a thumbs up for me).
- Light buildable coverage - would not recommend for someone who wants full glam coverage.
- Sturdy packaging but because the foundation is so runny, you get foundation gunk outside the nozzle and will have to wipe it but very travel friendly.
- You get 50ml instead of the average 30ml, since I don't like full coverage, I only use 1 layer so this will last me a while.
- Gives you a satin/matte finish and feels quite silicone-y in texture when you apply it.
- Does not oxidse (I always go a shade lighter than my neck and adjust with bronzer, that way, you can never go wrong).
- Long wear, did not break up on my face although can settle in to smile lines.
- I got shiny (not sweaty) on my T-Zone (which is inevitable for me) but wasn't too bad, nothing powder can't fix.

Cons:
- It is stupidly expensive for a foundation.
- I do not recommend this for someone with sensitive skin; it has alcohol which can argivate the skin, numerous silicone based products which can clog up pores (Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone), it is very Fragence based (Phenoxyethanol, BHT & Other Perfume Frangrances) and numerous allergens (Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol).
- It has a strong Grandma's house mixed with artifical flowers smell when you put it on.
- Would not recommend this as an everyday foundation as I feel it will break me out, I will have to thoroughly wash this off every use.
- I would prep the skin quite well before use so that it doesn't exaggerate dry skin, enlarge pores and oil control.

Overall:
- I would repurchase but will only use it for special occasions as it's so beautiful on but so full of ingredients which is not good for regular use.
- If you are looking for affordable alternatives, I would go for Essence #insta perfect liquid makeup or the Nyx Total Control Drop Foundation.

on 12/25/2018 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Oh god, I hate this stuff. I got a sample of it after wanting to try it for months, and I'm so glad I didn't spend money on the bottle. I tried putting this on with a brush and my fingers (which Dior recommends), and both times the foundation clung to the tiny hairs on my skin and in the corners of my nose. Iy emphasized my pores and looked generally god awful. I didn't try a sponge as every review I've read or watched says that it just soaked up the product, and that seems like such a waste to me. I work N1, which seemed to be a good match for my NC20 skin. Where the foundation looked okay, it felt nice, but I couldn't get over how terrible it looked everywhere else. I'll be sticking with my Estee Lauder Double Wear.

on 12/11/2018 4:13:00 PM

I tried this base because the lady at sephora recomended it and I have to say THANK YOU BEAUTIFUL LADY! I have combination skin and for my everyday I like a sheer coverage, but every base I’ve tried ends up dissapearing by the end of the day on my T-zone, but this stayed with me until the very end, even though I was on a rush and didn’t set it or used a primer underneath (just my daily moisturizer and a spritz of rose water). This make up melts on my skin like heaven and it’s nearly invisible. It does cling on some dry spots around my nose so prepped skin is necessary. I wouldn’t personally recomend this for people with dry skin, but you can always try different ways until you find one that works for you. Also, though it says you can build coverage, to me, it doesn’t seem like a very good idea (haven’t tried it but it’s so thin I could mess it up i so many ways, since I’m fairly new to make-up), so I would go for a high coverage base instead. Finally, about the ingredients, I do have somewhat sensitive skin, but haven’t had any problems, though I’ve only had it for a few days. Do get a tester first because it seems to be common to get skin issues. TL;DR sheer coverage, great durability, not for dry skin, harsh ingredients so test first

on 12/8/2018 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this based on the rave reviews on youtube. I always wanted foundation that is lightweight with just little bit of coverage, meanwhile it gotta work on my oily skin ;) This worked great in the beginning, even though the color i chose (#2 warm olive) is slightly too dark for me (NC25/shiseido O40). But later on I noticed my skin seems a bit dull by midday, friends at work keep telling me i look tired whenever Im wearing this foundation. My face also seems to start to get oily within 3-4 hours.

Packaging is cute and clean basically, in a basic bottle. However, you MUST open the cap first and cover the opening of the bottle when you shake it. Otherwise it will be all over the place when you remove the cap.

Overall I dont think I will repurchase. Im just not wow by how it makes me look tired in just few hours lol plus it got no spf, so i gotta put on another extra layer of spf underneath.

on 11/15/2018 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Okay: i was totally not expecting to love this one so much but damn! it's light, super buildable coverage, super long lasting, gorgeous satin-matte finish and it's pretty affordable (it's dior). over the weekend i went to a music festival and with the crazy sweating and 20 min downpour, all the makeup melted off my face except for the base. I WAS SHOOK.
nonetheless i think this foundation isn't for everyone. i have super oily acne prone skin and it does control the oil. besides the acne, the texture of my skin is pretty good, so i don't have issues with that. i'm currently using a retinoid which causes peeling and purging, so i really have to exfoliate before using this. after moisturiser, i buff the foundation in with a sigma f80 until even. it has a bit of a powdery finish and it's okay to blend powder products over it. to prevent cakiness, i try not to powder and use UD all nighter to set the face. everything sets perfectly and lasts all. day.

on 11/10/2018 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. The texture of it is pretty thin and the coverage is great. Even though I’m a beauty blender or brush user I apply this with my fingers. It melts in to my skin and covers all imperfections but never gets cakey. It’s like a serum with coverage. I’d say it’s high medium coverage but doesn’t look like makeup. I’m no youngster and I have some skin issues. Fine lines. Wrinkles. Redness. This doesn’t settle into lines/wrinkles, covers my redness. And while it’s a matte finish it’s not dry matte is a satin matte. I do powder it because I gave 12-14 hour days. And it stays almost perfect. I just love this stuff.

on 11/9/2018 9:18:00 PM

I hate that this doesent have a pump and that it is sooo incredibly fragranced but since I have started retinol prescription no foundation adheres to my face. I have 48 of them sitting in my make up drawer from drug store to high end in every finish. I was starting to get so depressed because nothing was working anymore and I was trying so much new ones with all kinds of primers and moisturizers and setting sprays. It went on and on. I tried this in desperation and didn’t have a lot of hope bcus it is supposed to be matte and I now have dry skins due to retinol. But it sits and lasts sooo beautifully, it’s the only foundation that is adhered to my skin and sinking into everything. The only drawback is the fragrance as it is sooo incredibly strong which doesent Offend my senses but it must be doing note damage to my skin so sadly I only wear this when I really need to wear foundation. For now my skin is going makeup free ugh