4.1

$14.99 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

15 days ago

This is such a great, versatile product and I'm so glad I took a chance on it. When I bought this I had no idea what I actually wanted from it: a glowy primer, a foundation mix-in, or a standalone highlighter. Turns out it's pretty good at all three. It really shines, in my opinion, as a subtle highlighter. There is no glitter or sparkle. I would describe the finish as a slightly metallic glow. I wear it on my cheekbones with foundation or with bare skin, it honestly looks great either way. Personally, I can't wear this all over on its own because, like virtually any highlighter, it does somewhat accentuate the texture of my skin. However, when used overtop foundation, that isn't an issue. I got the shade 902 and I think next time I would get the lightest, 901, because I think that would have the best liquid highlighter effect. But 902 is great to mix with my foundation or wear on top of it for something more "lit from within." This is definitely one of the best drugstore makeup products out there right now.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3.0

4 months ago

When I first got this product, I absolutely loved it. It gave the subtle glow that I was looking for, without making me look glittery or sparkly and the price is great. My favorite way to use it is to mix it with foundation. It sheers out my foundation and provides a "lit from within" look. It reminds me of MAC's Strobe Cream, which I loved, but the fragrance in it bothered my eyes. I like that this product comes in different shades for different skin tones. I purchased 901 "Fair" and it's great on my NC15 skin. This reason I gave this only three stars is because after a couple of months, I noticed there were tiny lumps when I squeezed out the product. They are very tiny but noticeable when applied to my skin and I don't like having to try to remove them. I noticed that no one else has complained of this, so maybe I got a bad tube. However, it also contains a high amount of denatured alcohol, which isn't good for anyone's skin.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

EyesHazel

7 months ago

This is a very lightweight feeling, in fact near-weightless glow enhancer that lets my natural skin color show through and just makes my skin look so much better. There's no glitter in this whatsoever, just a good solid shimmery sheen, it also doesn't hydrate in any way so you must moisturize as normal before applying this. Personally I apply with a sponge on the areas I want to highlight such as cheekbones, cupids bow, chin etc, and if I have the time I also mix with my foundation for an all over glow - without it affecting the foundation texture or its coverage in any way. Staying power is not the best, I often cannot detect it's on my skin by late afternoon and have to dab some more on for a quick instant glow top-up. That and the 'alcohol denat' (why oh why?) in the ingredients list. Otherwise no issues. And at just under $15 for 0.28 oz it's not overly pricey either. Would definitely repurchase.   Selena x  ~ My HG list ~  (As I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil  2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm  3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum  4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser  5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer  6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash  7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)  8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream  9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion  10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

7 months ago

RAVE for this product! Easy to use, feels cool and smooth, just the right texture. Lovely shimmer. Tube is neat and allows you to get the amount you want with no mess. It's multipurpose. I have this in several colors. Would definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (1117 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

10 months ago

I have dry skin, so any base product that helps mend or disguise it without emphasizing dry patches (or creating them) is baseline "OK" in my book. Glotion steps it up by delivering on a soft, luminous glow if worn alone. Worn with foundation, it makes it look like more "natural glowy" skin. I like to mix it with liquid foundations (currently L'Oreal true match) because it creates a creamy consistency (more like a bb cream) and takes away the mask effect that foundation on its own can have. Just wear sunscreen underneath and you've got a nice base for the day. I will definitely buy this product again.

About reviewer (161 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2.0

a year ago

I am looking for a fdtn mix in that can give me some glow. This did not do it. Its not bad, just not enough glow for the price. I grabbed medium, since the light shade was sold out at my Target -- but once I got in the car, swatched and found its too dark for my nc15/20 skin. If i had a tan, it would work, but I have melasma which makes my face darker than my neck, so the darker shade just made it worse. I could have really made do with the shade, but even when swatched on my hand-- I was like, "where's the sheen? Where's the glow?" It had some shine to it, being that it was a cream, but not what I'd expect for illumination. WnW's dewy primer has more luminosity than this, and thats $4.99. You do get a lot of ounces in the squeeze tube, but $11.99 ---not enough sheen for me. Also, why the denat. alcohol in the ingredients?! Returning.

About reviewer (433 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

a year ago

I like this much better as a glowy primer than a highlighter; I find that it doesn’t layer well on the cheekbones and is too shimmery for me personally. It looks like a metallic stripe if I try to build it up on the face. I like a dewy, wet, translucent highlight like the rms luminizer and this is much more shimmery. I would say this is a good dupe for the Becca priming filter; the color match isn’t exact but it looks identical once sheered out on the skin. The glotion doenst make you look like a tin man and is not oily, but it does look a bit much if you start to layer. Both aren’t the most hydrating and can emphasize texture and dryness if applied over dehydrated skin. I bought this because I was trying to see if this was a dupe for the Charlotte tilbury flawless filter, but this is more shimmery and metallic while the flawless filter has more of a glowy skin tint effect. I like the squeezy tube packaging because I feel like you can get all the product out while doing the same for the Becca and Charlotte Tilbury is going to be a struggle. The flawless filter also feels more moist.

About reviewer (168 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBlack

a year ago

Loving Glotion! I have purchased it four times already. (Medium for my light to medium skintone) I started using it this past summer for something light, and have continued successfully all winter as well. I have not used any other foundation/bb/cc since trying it, although I keep searching...as we do! (just in case!) I am 58 yrs. old, and love the way this looks on my pretty good skin...if I do say so myself. Foundation just looks heavy and masky on me now. As much as I love Glotion, I REALLY did not like L'oreal's Trublend Serum Tint. It's not even similar. Loving that I don't look tan, but that I have an enhanced skintone and a dewy finish.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

a year ago

I have a fair to lighter skintone and I purchased this in the medium shade because it adds a really nice warmth and glow to my face, especially when I don't have makeup on. It's very natural-looking and moisturizing without looking greasy. I really love it and I think it'll be perfect for the winter time when I start to get more pale and dry and my skin just needs that extra bit of colour and glow.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

I like this product, but I doubt I would repurchase it. It achieves the same finished look as mixing luminizing drops with primer on my skin, and I do like the effect, but I prefer the control of using the drops over this. I like that there is no scent and the lotion doesn't feel heavy or gritty, and the packaging is pretty decent as well. If it were more moisturizing I could skip the mixing w/ the primer and use this alone, but since my skin is fairly dry I need the added moisture from my primer to keep my foundation from breaking down. If you're devoted to a product like MAC Strobe Cream, try this instead since it is cheaper and more customizable to your skin tone.

About reviewer (564 reviews)

Age30-35