Maybelline New York New York Total Temptation Waterproof Mascara

Maybelline New York New York Total Temptation Waterproof Mascara
New York Total Temptation Waterproof MascaraNew York Total Temptation Waterproof Mascara

3.8

on 3/14/2018 9:16:00 PM

This is what Better Than Sex should be. Goes on and stays on. Gives a better than false eyelashes look.

on 3/11/2018 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Not happy with this mascara at all! I have always tried everything that comes out, and have worn many Maybelline mascaras I keep going back to my old favorite, Full and Soft waterproof. My lashes look full and they ARE soft. This junk is clumpy, even after wiping the wand and look awful. I'm 61, so I know how to apply mascara. I had high hopes because of the coconut oil, but no thanks. It's going back tomorrow. I gave it four tries, that's enough for me. It also flakes off in big chunks. Hate it!!!

on 3/8/2018 10:27:00 PM

This irritates the crap out of my eyes. First time I used it I was blurry eyed and half blind, but I thought it was a fluke and possibly caused by some other product (skincare or concealer perhaps) getting into my eyes. I do wear contact so I have to be careful about getting anything near my lenses....BUT...I am able to wear most other mascaras with no problem whatsoever. I wear mascara every day. I have tried MANY and am rotating through about 5 different ones at the moment. I use waterproof mascara on rainy/snowy days...normally not a problem. But THIS mascara, I've tried about 4-5 times in the last two weeks and EVERY time my eyes bother me the entire damn day, as if I have something in my eyes, even though this did not flake on me. Flakes irritating my eyes I could understand...but there's something different about this particular mascara that has made it impossible for me to continue using. Is it the coconut extract or whatever? Is it the scent? I don't know for sure but I wouldn't recommend this to any one with sensitive eyes or fellow contact lens wearers. For the rest of you who can wear this mascara...performance wise I rate this as average/good enough/same ol' same ol'. Nice seperation, gives kind of a fluffy looking lash

on 2/28/2018 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love how my lashes are not crunchy after a couple of coats. I think most people are using this mascara (non wp) the wrong way. You are not supposed to let it dry between coats. To me it is my new HG.

Actual rating 3.5.

On me, this is a good basic waterproof mascara - great staying power, but unless I do 3+ coats, I get a very natural look which is not what I want - I want very full, lush looking lashes and it takes 3 coats to get me there. So, I won't re-purchase, but its not a bad mascara, just doesn't WOW me.

on 2/15/2018 7:28:00 AM

I'm stocking up on this fantastic waterproof mascara!!! 5 stars all the way.Volume,Length,no smudges,no flaking.Honestly I'm shocked by how good this is.No lie.My lashes look amazing.
I tried a few high end mascaras lately and none of them measured up to this mascara.
Thanks Maybelline!

on 2/10/2018 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This mascara is THE BEST!!!! I swear it has helped my lashes grow because it’s infused with coconut extract!!! It’s super easy to apply. It never clumps, never flakes, never smudges. So so good!!!

on 1/27/2018 2:18:00 PM

Update Feb. 27, 2018: Upping this to 5 lippies. It's my go to mascara and that's saying a lot considering how many high-end and drugstore tubes of waterproof mascara I have on the go at any one time. I wear quite a lot of mascara because my lashes are long and it's now starting to go a bit dry probably because it's starting to empty out after using it almost every day straight for a month. Excellent mascara and a good price.

Original review:
I have to wear waterproof mascara because my lashes are very long but downward pointing so I have to curl them a lot. This is mascara holds my curl well which is surprising because it's quite a wet formula. The brush is fantastic....the same all around. I hate fancy wands where I have to watch how I hold them. I don't get much clumping, no smudging and no flaking. It is better than my usual go-to drugstore mascara, Voluminous waterproof because its less thick and makes my lashes build up to where I want them much more quickly. It is also surprisingly more easy to remove than most WP formulas. I don't know how waterproof it is because I don't swim and I haven't had a good cry in it. It is not holy grail like my discontinued UD Cannonball but I would repurchase this for sure.