Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

3.4

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

on 1/25/2018 8:36:00 PM

Maybelline's Full 'n Soft has always been my holy grail of mascaras but, I have to say, I'm REALLY liking this mascara as well!!!! I first heard about Maybelline's Total Temptation mascara because a YouTuber was talking about it being scented like vanilla so of course I just HAD to try it! LOL! I don't think it really smells that much like vanilla, but it doesn't smell like a nasty ear infection like a lot of mascaras do so that's a decided plus.

Overall I like the formula too, it's not so wet and heavy but it's not too dry either. It gives me a little more length, volume and drama than my Full 'n Soft so I like to use it when I'm going for a more dramatic look. One downside is that I do have to comb out a couple tiny clumps here and there with my ColourPop spoolie mascara brush, but I don't mind too much since the volume and staying power is worth it.

Overall, getting great looks and vibes with this mascara. LOVE!!!!

on 1/24/2018 11:58:00 AM

I bought this because I like the old school, bristle brushes but I will not repurchase. I also like a wet formula but this one is not easy to work with. It is thin in consistency and gets over worked very quickly. My lashes are long but thin/sparse. I have to remove some product from the brush or it clumps a lot when initially applied and then it seems to stick my lashes together in spikes no matter how light a swipe I use. I have not been able to get a second coat on without it making more spikes. Overall a fail for my type of lashes. There are other drugstore mascaras at a lower price that work much better.

on 1/22/2018 4:50:00 PM

i have had this less than a week and already the mascara is clumping on the brush and getting difficult to work with. will not repurchase.

on 1/19/2018 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have THEE lamest lashes .. short, straight, refuse to cold a curl ... basically a nightmare for mascaras. I am constantly searching for a high performance one, and very rarely am I impressed enough to repurchase. Does this impress me? Absolutely! The formula is fantastic! Buildable. Doesn't smudge. It gives my lashes this beautiful feather look. So pretty! Price is right! $9 cdn. Give this a try! It's a good one!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was an impulse buy but I'm not thrilled. It's a big brush so it's a bit sloppy to apply, however once applied lashes look pretty and feathery. But then the deal breaker sets in: it's too wet and takes forever to dry, lashes start to go limp and the mascara seems to wilt and disappear. This is one of those mascaras that looks nice for the first few minutes and then looks like you're hardly wearing mascara by the end of the day. Returning it.

on 1/5/2018 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

So recently mascara has been a real impulse purchase for me. I am enjoying Full and Soft, a mascara new to me which I really appreciate, but find oddly hard to remove from my lashes. As I had hoped, the effect here is the same, creating a natural yet dramatic fringe effect which I like for daily use, but Total Temptation, for me is much easier to remove with jojoba oil as I am not comfortable using soapy water by my eyes to remove makeup.

Although it may not be a mascara for those looking for a single swipe experience, I did enjoy cleaning the brush from a tremendous amount of overflow product and then quickly combing through my lashes with quick multiple strokes to create more - more lashes, volume and length for daily needs without giving me spidery lashes - for me when the product clumps to each lash in a way that makes them look clumpy - almost hairy like hairy spider legs - an issue I get if I abuse the build-ability of say, some L'oreal mascaras.

It is worth noting that I did have minimal smearing and flaking, something I may just need to get used to as I add so much beauty oil to my face in the winter to make my dry, fragile eczema - prone skin less sensitive and irritated feeling. Lashes should ideally be clean and free of oils for the mascara to apply properly but oil from my face will migrate to the lashes creating minor problems I can't seem to escape, even if it is left over from the night before. It helps to add a tubing mascara on top the Total Temptation, sticking everything together to lessen fall-out. I have also come to the conclusion that if I insist on a chunky-clump free look I will simply wait until dry and brush minor clumps away with a clean spoolie. I do in fact think that brushing through dry lashes really allows one to create the sunburst pattern most disable to lashes.

All in all, I think that Total Temptation will give my consistently good experiences, something that I have issues with the L'oreal mascara that I have tried with some great and some not so good mascara days. The tube feels nice in my hand and the brush is fine, not too big to get close to my eyes. I did notice a vanilla smell that I don't hate but can do without as scents can often equal chemicals and in general a scented mascara seems kind of desperate that I did not expect much when I noticed the scented aspect to this product.

All in all I am happy to use and keep. I do wish they did not scent it, but I will continue to wear this mascara. I will update if anything changes as this mascara is new and I don't know how it will age, only time will tell.

I don't like this mascara, I did at first a little. I thought it was going to be better. The formula is very thin and extremely dry, so it doesn't coat lashes well. The ideal formula is thick and wet for it to really coat lashes. It doesn't stick to lashes well because it's do dry, and because it's thin you get a very small amount of product on the wand.
Its good for a super natural look, you need MANY layers to get dramatic or just visible lashes ( if you don't naturally have thick lashes.) I personally don't want to have to use layer after layer of mascara, it's not convenient, time consuming, and starts to look cakey. I prefer Loreal lash paradise because I only need one coat with it.
I find it weird that this product is flammable, most mascaras aren't. It does leave lashes nice and soft though. It's so dry already so it dries out so bad after a week you can hardly get any out.

on 1/3/2018 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I hate to be the first to review a mascara; opinions are so varied, depending on your needs/preferences. I have long, pretty full lashes, so I’m after a dark, feathery look with NO CLUMPS. I like Maybelline Full ‘n’ Soft, Prestige My Biggest Lashes and the L’Oréal tubing one.

I was attracted to this because it was new and had a traditional bristle brush (no love here for rubber, spiky brushes.) According to the website, this is supposed to have a tempting fragrance; I hadn’t noticed that. I’m glad that I haden’t read the copy on this- the idea of a scented mascara would have irritated me.

This is a good, not great mascara.

Good because: It’s quite black, did not leave under eye circles and lengthened nicely. Not tons of volume, but for me, volume = clumps.

Not great because: Some clumping-I had to use a metal lash comb. Also, I think Full ‘n’ Soft is already a better product, and this one is redundant. I don’t dislike it, but wouldn’t seek it out again. I’m curious to see what others think-