Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara

Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara
Total Temptation MascaraTotal Temptation Mascara

3.4

Synthetic Japan Wax, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides Zinc Stearate, Polybutene Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Myristyl Myristate Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate VP / Eicosene Copolymer Tocopherol Citric Acid. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide.

on 3/9/2018 7:05:00 PM

Fluffy flexible lashes! Nice stretchy formula that you can build upon easily. Wonderful medium brown colour unlike many too dark ‘black/brown’ contenders. My lashes, uncurled, stayed up and at attention for hours with no flakes and no irritation. No clumps, no spider lashes. The brush is super fluffy and could be ratcheted down to accommodate smaller eyes but still, it’s a delightfully plastic and elegant formula. Gives length and volume that lasts! The package gets dirty quick but I don’t mind a bit. Builds quickly with length with no pulling or clumps. Highly recommended!
Edit** dried out so fast! Not as impressed now.

on 3/9/2018 1:49:00 PM

Over the last few years, I see that drugstore offers fantastic alternatives to high end brands and I’ve decided to not buy high end mascara anymore. This is an excellent drugstore one and among my absolute favourites from Maybelline. It comes in a pretty millenium pink tube and smells lovely. I’m not fond of plastic/rubber brushes and this has a great brush. It’s not a wet formula that gives you three lashes and spider legs. I like it both over lash primer as one coat or two coats without primer. It doesn’t clump with two coats, has good separation, covers all lashes and lengthens very nicely. I get no flakes or smudges and it removes easily with waterproof mascara remover. I like this much better than Chanel Le Volume and Better Than Sex Mascara and anything Benefit.

Overall I like it.

It doesn't separate lashes but it doesn't clump them up something fierce like I've had some mascaras. These make my lashes look fanned out, fluffy and full. There's added volume which I want. Teeny tiny bit of added length but I always use a separate mascara for that.

It's a great everyday mascara. If it held a curl and lengthened, it'd be HG status. But for what it is, it's pretty good.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a good mascara. I don't know if I would go so far as to call it my HG, but for a drugstore product it definitely exceeded my expectations. It does what I was hoping it would do: give me the fluffy lash look without clumping and without having to apply too many coats. The brush is pretty genius. The formula smells like coconuts which is nice I guess? I gather the coconut oil is supposed to be good for my lashes. Time will tell on that one. One application lasted for a good ten hours before they started to flake and irritate my eyes a little bit. That's good performance on a drugstore brand. I would definitely buy again, if I don't find my mascara true love before I run out of this.

I think it's kind of hilarious how the ad copy all says this mascara is addictive though. I find mascara to be a 'pointy stick near the eye' kind of experience that I would only repeat because it makes my eyes look bigger. Not addictive, as a general rule. It's like some ad executive noticed people intensely trying to even out their mascara and thought to himself: 'they're really into it. Must be addictive.' LOL

I love this mascara!!!! It fans out my lashes perfectly with one coat, no clumps! Two coats and it adds just the right amount of drama for me.

My only complaint would be it smudges after a days wear (12 hours +) and if you get it on your skin while applying it is very difficult to remove. I usually wait for the mascara to dry on my skin then flake it off with a clean spoolie but this mascara does not flake easily off the skin.

Hi MUA,

So, being a Cosmetologist, I am ultimately shocked on how awesome this Mascara is! I've read some of the negative reviews and all I can say is that you probably picked up a bad one, which does happen on occasion. Trust me. Before I get into the actual review here, let me start by saying that if you are having problems with clumps, be wary of where you store your Mascara! Bathroom?! Not a great idea. It causes the product to melt which will cause rediculous clumping and flaking! Hot steam from your showers or bath's..ruin the quality and the integrity of the formulation! Hot, cold, hot, cold. Hmm, think about what that does to your skin alone, let alone mascara and certain cosmetics! You want a perfect mascara application?! Who doesn't, honestly!? Tip..... Hot water in a cup, immerse the mascara tube in the hot water, for about 2 minutes. You will have a smooth application, no drying problem, no flakes, no excuses! All Mascaras are basically made up of the basic same ingredients.

*WHAT IT IS*
Total Temptation Washable Mascara builds lashes for full and soft volume.

*BENEFITS*
Build on bold volume to create irresistibly soft, separated, and dense lashes coat after coat. Features a creamy and whipped formula infused with Coconut Extract.

*HOW TO USE/APPLY*
Step 1. Sweep the brush from the root-to-tip of lashes.
Step 2. Repeat the first step until desired volume is achieved.
Step 3. Do not let mascara dry in between coats.
Step 4. Easily removable mascara.

*What the product claims to do*:

Total Temptation Washable Mascara builds lashes for full and soft volume. Build on bold volume to create irresistibly soft, separated, and dense lashes coat after coat. Features a creamy and whipped formula infused with coconut extract. … Pros: -The product didn’t clump. I hate when mascara’s clump and my eyelashes end up sticking together. -The packaging is bomb! How cute?! -The mascara comes in the shade blackest black. I love dark mascara -My lashes had instant volume, and length, which you control, but they weren’t crazy hard and stiff look. This review is based off of my experiences with the product: I really LOVE this mascara! The packaging is VERY light. It's also Pink, very feminine! I've been using it for months already and I really like the formula and brush. BTW: The Brow Pencil IS Awesome also! I really think this product is well worth your money. Awesome for a drugstore brand. Move Over Loreal Voluminous Mascaras! There's a New Kid in Town, be worried!
Also, I was thrown off in the beginning because it smells like coconuts (because it has shea butter in it). Its definitely weird to have your mascara smell like lotion- so if you don't like coconut or scented products really bother you I would stay away. It is not super strong of a smell and after the initial "what... is that" I actually like it! It separates lashes very well! I love how it doesn't flake at all or smudge underneath my eyes throughout the day. Highly recommend this mascara at a great reasonable price. Well worth every penny! My New and Only HG Mascara. Forget the rest.
Similar Maybelline Mascaras are Volum' Express The Colossal Mascara (yellow tube w/ purple lettering) or our Volum' Express Megaplush Mascara (turquoise tube w/ purple lettering). BLOWS THE HIGH-END BRANDS AWAY! The brush, texture, even the smell - no competition from the $30.00 mascaras! But let me also say, I am so picky when it comes to mascara!. I was VERY skeptical trying this and I’m thrilled that I was wrong! I’ve love this mascara! No fall out, lasted all day, stayed true to its color, showed off my length, and quick! My lashes are done in a few minutes! I love this mascara and I Will continue to purchase it! You just CAN'T go wrong with the proformance, the ease, the price, the quality of THIS Mascara! Who Needs false lashes, when you have THIS Mascara! Total Temptation, THAT Name Says It All! I hope this helps. If you had a bad experience with the first use, I encourage you to try the trick with soaking it in hot water, dry off the tube, roll it around between your hands and enjoy your New set of eyelashes! Remember NEVER to pump your Mascara wand into the tube! I use a regular cleanser for the removal of all my makeup, nothing out of the ordinary..never use regular soaps to wash your face! They dry out your skin! Hope this helps! Long live Total Temptation Mascara. Lol. ;)

~ Fun Facts Of The Mascara History! ~

The Birth of the First Mascara Product
In 1872, petroleum jelly was patented and the most prominent ingredient in mascara was born. It took many years until petroleum jelly was mixed to create mascara, but finally the invention was made. In 1917, Eugene Rimmel created the first packaged cosmetic mascara. Produced from a blend of petroleum and black coal dust, the history of mascara began with a cake mascara that although reformulated, is still found today.
Today, mascara is known as a beauty product, but the history of mascara proves mascara originated to ward off evil spirits and ill-wishers.

~ Waterproof Mascara ~

What would we do without waterproof mascara? Love it or hate it, most women turn to this type of mascara formulation on their wedding day, or for any other special event when tears are inevitable. First formulated in 1938 from a blend of 50% turpentine, waterproof mascara, although novel and unique, caused many skin allergies. Besides the harsh chemical reaction of the waterproof formula, the putrid scent was most unbearable. Twiggy's mod lashes started a cult trend when a washable, safe and waterproof tube mascara finally hit the shelves in the early 1960's. *WoW!* ;)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really like this mascara. It gives me much thicker, darker eyelashes and the coconut oil seems wonderful for conditioning lashes. I've actually noticed my lashes look naturally slightly thicker when I first started using it. It is excellent for making eyes really stand out. I personally really like the colour and shape of the packaging. However, you have to be careful when applying because it can easily get messy.

on 2/24/2018 12:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am surprised by any low reviews of this mascara, but I understand everyone's lashes are different. I have tiny, thin lashes and have tried a lot of drugstore mascaras, and until now my favorite has been L'oreal Voluminous even though it clumps a lot. I got a free sample of Benefit Roller Lash, and I loved it but prefer not to spend that much for mascara.
Total temptation adds length and fullness to my lashes without the clumps. It goes on so smoothly and is easy to build; even after a couple of coats I don't get any clumps, and my lashes are actually noticeable! I also didn't experience any flaking or smudging, even after a long day's wear.
I have sensitive, watery eyes and it doesn't bother them at all. As far as fragrance goes, I only noticed it slightly as I was applying it, and then it was gone.
My Ulta had it for $9.99 and it was buy one, get one half off.
This one is a winner!!!

on 2/23/2018 7:22:00 PM

I couldn't resist buying this Mascara from the Maybelline new stand at Walmart last month or maybe 6 weeks ago. It is pink and looks gorgeous. I picked the washable version and tried it on when I got home. I was shocked with how good it is. It gave me instant volume and length. I love it. Since then it has been my everyday go to Mascara. I have sensitive eyes and especially during winter time it gets watery and burning. I love the Mr Big by Lancome and it gives much more volume and length but the problem is taking it off. The Maybelline total temptation is so easy to remove by simply washing your face with soap or cleanser. It is a great non harming formula. I've been using it in many of my videos on YouTube. You can check one on this link:

I highly recommend this product. The price is just right but the brush is a bit too big for lower lashes... other than that it is a perfect value. Hope you find my review helpful. If so, please hit the helpful button. Thanks so much for reading. xoxoxo

on 2/17/2018 6:20:00 AM

This is a pretty good drugstore mascara. It's very black, the lashes stood out and it provided length. A coworker commented "what kind of mascara do you have on?" And this is from someone who doesn't normally do this. I then went in the restroom and took a good look again and thought "wow, they do look good!" The formula seems different from other Maybelline mascaras - so give it a try and see if you like it!