Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

3.6

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Rihanna and I have had a bad relationship for many years (unbeknownst to her) because I get the feeling (based on various instances) that she’s not a nice person and I have zero tolerance for that.

I was willing to bury the hatchet when I learned that Fentyis cruelty free, and I bought this lipstick.

The packaging is beautiful. The lipstick itself does a good job providing a bold red color that is universally flattering.

But it’s dry yet messy, and disappears almost immediately from the inner rims (? I don’t know what to call that) of my lips leaving me looking psychotic.

on 5/6/2018 4:44:00 AM

I had high hopes for this and was so excited to try it after seeing it on instagram. Unfortunately it is far too runny and the applicator is a nightmare! If you get it right first time and it drys then it looks incredible, but I found that I got it everywhere and it only got worse as I topped it up through the day. Such a shame as with a flat applicator and a thicker paint it would be amazing!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Oh RiRi! I wanted to like this so much, the fierce yet elegant packaging, the stunning color, the matte yet still moisturizing finish...I put it on and felt instantly glamorous! But the staying power is just sad. I gave my little girl a kiss and she looked like Rudolph! I know matte, moisturizing and longwear is a hard balance to achieve but damn it! If anyone can do it, it should be FentyBeauty! In the end, I'm awful about re-applying lip color so it's important that either my lip color not fade or at least fade in a way that doesn't make me look like the Joker (literally my husband gave me three kisses and he looked crazy).
I'm going to stick with Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Top Tomato, that damn thing stays on overnight and I'm a stomach sleeper.

on 4/6/2018 10:00:00 AM

This is probably the first time I've actually caved in to purchase a product created by a celeb!!!!

I love the colour - it really is a true universal red and suitable for all skin tones. I've had so many compliments each time I'm wearing this!!!!!

I also love the packaging; sleek and effortless. I live outside of the US so I paid $36 for this. And this packaging does look like for what its worth.

As many people have mentioned, the applicator is slightly different. It is tricky to work with especially at the side of your lips, but its still workable. For my case, I don't experience the bleeding as much as I use a lipliner. However, you need to work fast if you mess it up before the product dries!

I don't think it claims with a matte finish, but it dries down to a soft matte finish. My lips didn't crack extensively. However, its still good to prep and moisturize your lips before applying. I've been doing this for every single other matte lipstick, so this step doesn't bother me at all. I like how it didn't give me the sticky feeling finish when I try to rub my lips, likes the MUFE Aqua colour (which was terrible btw).

One tiny swipe is already very pigmented. So I believe this is going to last a long way!

Longevity wise - it can last about a good 5-6 hrs. Unless you're going to eat food that are really oily then of course you'd require a touch up. However, if you're having a light meal, I found that I didn't really need to reapply since the product is so pigmented, all I did was to reline my lips.

Do I think the price justifies the product? Absolutely - the packaging SOLD me. The product itself, in terms of colour and the longevity, it did not disappoint me. I think the applicator can be improved - but again, the current one isn't terrible, it just takes a bit of time to get used to and it will work out.

Of course, there are many brands out there that can give you the same red colour with that undertone, but the branding itself and the execution was what really got my attention. I'm not a huge fan of Riri - but so far none of their products have disappointed me, and it was well thought out.

If you're looking for something to splurge on, pls try this out! You DEFINITELY won't be disappointed.

I would repurchase it - only provided if I manage to finish this tube, which I guess its gonna take a long time, lol

Hope this review helps!

on 3/23/2018 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love the color and the packaging, but the bleed/transfer is just too much. This reads as a red with a hint of orange on my complexion and it's a fun, bright color. But it came off: on my tissue after blotting when the color was dry, on my husband when I gave him a peck, on my drinking glass rim, on my napkin. After a meal I had that unattractive color-around-the-lip-edges look with only the lightest stain of red on the rest of my lips. I hope the next round of Fenty lip colors has more staying power!

UPDATE: the above review is for the original color Uncensored (billed as 'universal red'). I recently purchased Unveil, the chocolate brown, and thought the consistency was slightly thicker and the color has a little more staying power. Calling this "longwear" is VERY overstated, though.

on 2/9/2018 3:36:00 PM

Lovely packaging, colour and finish but this is the messiest lipstick ever. Smudges instantly and goes everywhere. Also very difficult to remove so you end up with red marks on your face and hand that require loads of foundation to cover. Sold it after my first use

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I read a lot mixed review about this product.
I bought this on the end of November, on early December I haven't try it and I read tons of mixed review, so I was so skeptical.

Some said the consistency is too runny and it will bleeds at the end of the day, I just sweating when I heard those review, I mean red bleeds lip is not my cup of tea.

So on Christmas I test it out, wow oh wow
I end up loving this product so much?

The consistency is very watery, but you can make it work, to avoid bleeds on my lips, I apply lip liner.

But my mom wear it without lip liner, it looks just good on her.

Ok the shade, THE SHADE IS SO BEAUTIFUL

I think it looks nice to anyone.

Packaging is unique, so edgy, which I love.

on 1/8/2018 10:05:00 AM

Gorgeous red shade, long-wearing and comfortable. Formula is a bit runny so be careful during application. Beautiful packaging.

on 1/5/2018 4:08:00 AM

I love the colour and the packaging but I hate the formula. Super messy and gets all over everything. Was super disappointed and ended up returning it.

on 1/1/2018 8:13:00 PM

I love the color and packaging of this product! It's a classic true red, and the wand works great for me. I can get nice clean lines and full pigmentation. The product is comfortable and non drying on my lips, but it does transfer EVERYWHERE. It stays looking the same on my lips because it is so pigmented, but I see it on all my cups, straws, food, etc. My biggest complaint is that when I eat it can smudge around my mouth. I am going to try setting it with translucent powder to see if that makes a difference, because this is a great product otherwise and I want to make it work!