Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.3

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- matte finish
- prevents creasing
- controls oil
- brightens face

CONS

- packaging
- drying

COMMENTS: This brightens, but the effect doesn't last long. The longer I wear my makeup, the more it warms up to my skin or oxidizes and the effect is gone. I like the matte finish, but it can also be very drying. I have combo skin and this can accentuate dry spots pretty bad. I like that it doesn't settle into fine lines and offers some oil control, especially when used for baking. As for the packaging, I just transfer it into another sifter jar. It's an okay powder, but it's not the best for my skin type and the brightening effect doesn't last long on me. It's not long before everything kind of blends into my skin and I can't even tell that I set my highlighted areas.

Will not repurchase.

Thank goodness for Youtube. I saw this being used in a makeup tut. I use it to set the concelaer under my eyes, WOW! This is such a fine silky powder that I haven't seen a crease in the makeup yet! this literally leaves the area under my eyes flawless. I wish I had learned about it much sooner. I see that the banana color should be used by people with more of an olive color. I think if I were fair skinned I would try another color. The banana powder only refers to the color and was made huge by KKs maukeup artist. There are other colors, so give them a try.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

The sad fact of the matter is, this is a dry and chalky powder on my face. It doesn't control oil and it doesn't make me look better - and let's face it folks, if it doesn't make me look better, than it's a waste of money. The yellow tint effect is great - I just wish the powder was more fine milled than it is. I suppose this is the consequence of buying a loose powder as opposed to a pressed powders.

Plus side is that it's still usable to set undereye concealer. Overall, I think it's okay. Mario Dedivanovic obviously knows what he's doing on Kim K, but I muse that her skintype may work better with this powder - mine is dehydrated and oily, and I prefer a dewy finish overall.

This stuff lasts forever. I've had it for about 10 months and I'd estimate 4/5 to be left in the jar. So bang for your buck? Yes... IF it works for you.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I know everyone loves this but I honestly don't. I did really like it at first but as I started to wear it more, I began to realize it looked kind of bad. Compared to the majority of loose powders I've used, it's not as fine, it's got a bit more grit to it. I find it to be quite dry, almost chalky. Not good if you've got dry undereyes. I'm pretty tan (NC37-NC40 at the moment) and I feel as if it's a bit too yellow & not as brightening as I'd like. Maybe it's due to the fact I have a more neutral-warm undertone. But more then anything, I'm disappointed with the texture & finish of this powder. It makes anywhere I put it look more dry then it actually is. I can see this working better applied with a damp beauty blender-type sponge but as I've used it, I'm not really impressed. Perhaps it's the corn starch & rice starch ingredients that don't agree with me so I've found a powder without those 2 ingredients, Almay Smart Shade Loose Finishing Powder in Light & it works awesomely to brighten up certain areas of my face. It doesn't have the yellow tone that the Banana powder does, it's more skintoned & neutral so I think it works better for me. It's much more fine, smooth & silky in comparison yet has a nice tint that can be built up to brighten without feeling or looking dry & chalky. So all in all, not a fan of the Banana powder. I guess it's just one of those products that works for most people that doesn't work for me.

I love this powder! I use it to set my undereye concealer and my t-zone it brightens up my face and controls oil. It is inexpensive and will last forever, I feel like I'm never going to run out. I have extremely sensitive skin and this has not caused my skin to breakout. I love it, I'd pay more for it, it is absolutely worth it.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is super powdery, a cloud of yellow haze when releasing the powder. It's great because it's super matte, but that also means I can only use it on my T-zone or my face ends up looking too powdery and fake. No problems with breaking out so far.

I bought this product as I had heard great reviews.

I am an Indian woman and every foundation I would use would make me look too orange or ashy...so I bought this more as a corrector (and because I have an oily t zone).

Pros:It did make correct the tone of my skin - the yellow really helped. It seemed to stay on pretty much all night and set my make up really well.

Cons: I don't like the bottle it comes in - the powder either does everywhere or too much comes out etc. It did dry my skin out too.

Please note: I only brought this product in the winter months so maybe in the spring it will be better on my skin as my skin has been really dry lately!

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I have been very happy with Ben Nye products. Bana Visage powder has treated me very nicely. The powder itself is very fine and has a pale/yellowish tint. This ensures that your foundation will not be changed and if you need something for under your eyes for your bags, I highly recommend.

A little goes a long ways!!

This is my hg powder for setting my undereyes. I find that when I set them with this my concealer barely budge at all which is really awesome because concealer tend to crease on my under eyes. It goes on super smooth and never cakey. Also when used as a face setting powder, it really controls my oil well in the humid weather. I'm shade NC30-35 in MAC and this isn't too yellow for me at all, it suits my skin perfectly.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Oh Ben Nye, what was I doing before you came into my life? LOVE this powder, I usually use it to set my under eye concealer and accentuate anywhere that I may have highlighted on my face (i.e. nose, chin). The powder doesn't crease at all and I have very oily skin but somehow this lasts all day. I bought the 1oz container for under $20 on eBay in June and I have barely scratched the surface. I will definitely by this again when it runs out!