Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.3

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great powder for setting make up. The only down side is that it doesn't last all day.

I got the smalled size that goes for around $10-15 CAD last summer and holy crap, it's one of the best loose powders I have ever tried.

I wasn't put off by the yellow tone as I am Asian and have neutral to yellow undertones. One of my biggest challenges when buying foundations is finding the one that's yellow enough but not too yellow in undertones.

Anyway, I had bought this after having her tonnes and tonnes of rave reviews on the 'net and I almost got the Buff shade instead. My reasoning for choosing this was that the Buff one might be too dark once winter arrived.

I love the powder because
A) it mattifies without magnifying the pores on and around my nose
B) doesn't feel like it's clogging my pores
C) offers slight colour correction for when my foundation is a hair to peach/pink toned

The way I typically wear this is that (when I'm wearing foundation) prime my skin, slap on sunscreen, apply the foundation and concealr of choice, powder using theFACEshop powder brush, spritz a bit of NYX Matte (/or Dewy depending on my mood) setting spray, and then powder just my T-Zone lightly. This set-up tends to last 6-8 hours without me needing to touch up or fix anything.

It doesn't have a strong smell and it doesn't flare up my sensitive skin. I know that in Canada, you can either buy it online at camerareadycosmetics or at IMATS (where I got it last summer)

HG loose powder candidate for sure<3

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This is an okay powder i have extremely dry skin and this makes any dry area even more noticeable and flaky if you have oily skin this will be a good powder for you its also not great for light skin if you are anything below an nc 35 this might look a bit orange. Packaging is okay, What I do really like is that its affordable,you get a great amount of product and its really fine and soft i wouldn't repurchase because of my dry skin. If you have dry skin and you're looking for a good powder i recommend the nars light reflecting loose powder its a kind of pricey but it works great on dry skin !!

best setting powder after rice powder. it's super fine milled and easy to blend out. sets my foundation with ease

So after hearing soon many people rave about this being such a great under eye setting powder, I decided to order it. I use it to set my under eye concealer and it truly does keep it from creasing however I don't think it's a good match for my skin tone because I feel like it's too yellow for me :/ Other than that it's a pretty good setting powder.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Love this product makes my face glow and is great for setting my foundation I use it has my hilight with my yellow nyx hd concealer great combination the only powder I use on my skin great for olive skin tones and oily skin a little pricey but I don't care well worth it

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Excellent for setting and concealing underye circles. Sometimes I wet my beautyblender and use it as a highlighter. I just put a good amount under my eyes in an inverted triangle down my cheek, down the middle of my nose, top of the lip then let it set for 5-10 minutes. Then I bush it well and it gives off a nice glow. No, you will not turn into Kim K but you will have a nice powder to cover circles. Very finely milled powder, doesn't cake - even on drier skin. And it's cheap for the amount you get. Definitely a must have in my make up arsenal.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Bought this in March 2013 and use it all the time to set my foundation.

Pros:
Reduces shine (I have very oily skin).
Makes foundation last longer.
Brightens (under eyes) and corrects (i.e. if I feel I've put on too much blush or my foundation is a tiny bit dark).
Cheap and lasts ages - have this in the 3oz size and have over half left.

Cons:
The packaging for this size isn't that great - would probably waste less if in a smaller, flat container.

Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

The shaker top is a NO. It's annoying as hell trying to get product out. I wish that this was a set powder. Otherwise for myNC50 skin it's great if applied lightly and blended. I use it only for going out on the town as my skin is dry. I'm unsure if I would but it again as MAC Studio Careblend powder seems to do the job just as well and blends better with my darker skin tone.

Hm...if you are fair or light to medium don't be fooled, this will be too dark as an under-eye powder. I am warm/yellow NC25 in Mac, and I am on the light side. I tried this under the eyes with the lightest hand and fluffy brush but it's too yellow and dark. I think it's better suited for darker or deeper skintone.

Now, what I do with it is use it as an all over powder VERY lightly and the yellow-brown-peachy tone of the powder neutralizes some redness i have. But, cannot use this solely under the eyes looks so funny!