Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.3

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My first review was that this powder is too peachy, works well for baking, and I own this powder for like 8 months and I've used it ever since I got it. At first I liked it, but I didn't hold up oil for too long. I use this powder alllll the time and for the last 3 months it separates so badly! It applies very uneven no matter what I use or how much I use, it can't prevent laugh lines for more than 2 hours and so does oil. I have combination skin, oily on the t zone, dry around my nose and chin, normal on the rest of my face.
This powder gets very cakey and it clings to dry patches. I bought it because everyone loved it and I've heard only good things about this but it is just a waste of my money. I don't think you should buy it even if you tried it and loved it because after like 4 months the quality drops.. don't know why. And it's hella grey now
Also this is talc based so there will be flashback and breakouts.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm giving this a three only because I can see how it might be holy grail stuff for others but it isn't for me. I'm also medium fair and the yellow tone was quite noticeable on my skintone.

It's very finely milled but gathers in fine lines, it's very drying to my skin and makes it itch. So obviously a no go for me.

I would be hard pressed now to deviate from the Laura Mercier Translucent and/or the La Prairie No. 1 translucent (both loose). I think they are more forgiving of mature skin issues.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hands down the best setting powder. I use it over my glossier concealer and I bake it. The results are unbelievable. My skin looks glowy and it really makes the eyes super bright and radiant. I think it's a pretty decent amount for what you pay for. What I do is I get a little tiny saucer (like the ones at sushi restaurants for soy sauce) and put in the exact amount I need. It's not possible to use the cap because it's way too small. I apply it either with a damp beauty blender or with a brush, let it bake for 7-10 minutes and buff/dust the rest off and get the airbrushed look.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

The infamous Ben Nye banana powder. Definitely hit or miss. Unfortunately a miss for me. I'm an NW45 for reference. I lean more golden/yellow undertone and this looked soooo ashy on me. Maybe I didn't blend it enough? I guess I'll never know because as soon as I saw the pics I took that night I almost died from embarrassment. OMG it was so bad. It looked like someone slapped me in the face with flour. This is not a "one size fits all" product. I'll be switching over to Ben Nye Topaz.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

I absolutely love this so much, I first heard of it when I saw a video of Kim K using it and seeing as I'm totally obsessed with her makeup and hair I just had to try it and I feel in love !!! It's perfect to set my concealer expecially when I'm going for a more matte look rather then a dewy look, I spray tan & naturally I have yellow undertones & it looks beautiful, also doesn't crease and I have extremely dry skin so that's a plus ! and it's affordable and you get a lot of product :)

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm pale so this looks a little silly on my face. It's too yellow. I saw all the beauty gurus on YouTube raving about this product so I thought "It must look good on all skin tones" It looks beautiful on darker skinned women though. The one thing I love about this product is how it's a shaker bottle. I wish more loose setting powders came in containers like this.

So I purchased the Ben Nye Banana Powder for setting my concealer under my eyes. I was so excited because apparently Ben Nye Cosmetics is infamous to the stars. Turns out it has 3 parabens and talc (asbestos forming.) On top of that I did not see what all the fuss was about, it works just as good as other setting powders I have used. The upside is the cost, so if parabens and talc don't bother you it is very affordable. Wish I would have checked the ingredients before purchase.

I'm in love with this powder! It's my ride or die. It it perfect on its own or over foundation. I've had it for over 1.5 years and I'm only 1/3 of the way through my 1.5 ounce container- a little goes a long way! I just wish that the packaging was easier to disperse when on the go. I tap it onto my bathroom counter to use but you need to make sure it is sterilized and dry. Overall an amazing project.

I've heard so much about this wondrous powder and has been very curious. It's hard to find in Asia but I did manage to get my hands on one. And damn, that babe's FINE! It doesn't budge off my super oily face for all day. I used it for setting my under-eye areas and lightly on my T Zones to highlight + Mattify. And I really like what I see. Will be definitely re-purchasing. Liked it so much that I wanted to use it for the rest of the face as well so I mixed it with my translucent setting powder to set my foundation all over the face. It's really such a good powder. Tends to work well on my Medium Neutral-to-Cool skin very well and highlights in such warm glow without making it look mask-like.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been wanting to try this. So bought a small sample off EBay for about 5 bucks. Really like how it sets my concealer and it set my concealer really well. Recently , I ve been using this to bake my concealer and use the NYX Banana Powder to set my concealer. And love the finish to it, cause it really brighten up my face and highlight to my face.