Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.9

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

** Not Tested On Animals **

I tried this thanks to the youtube superstar, gossmakeupartist - love ya goss! This is a very finely milled powder which doesn't give the ghostly glow due to its imperceptibly yellow hue. I never have time in the morning to muck about pressing & rolling it onto my face (sorry goss!), instead I shake a wee bit onto the back of my left hand, coat my powder brush in it, knock the excess off back onto my hand, the dab it lightly all over my face. Just to seal off my foundation ever so slightly, always aiming to find the balance between old & powdery vs. young & dewey. Makeup in Australia is *exorbitant* but I got this on eBay for $10 (BARGAIN!), I've been using it most days for 3 months & have barely made a dent in it. Dare I say it..? HG.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

For reference I am a mac NC 30-35, combo oily/normal skin depending on the season and this banana powder looks great on me as a setting powder. I took other reviewer's advice and mix it with the neutral set from Ben Nye and it really is perfect for my skin tone which is very golden. I love it under my eyes as well and apply it heavily there then lightly press it in with a velour puff the way GossMakeupartist shows on youtube. I discovered this product through his channel and wow what a difference. HG setting powder. The search is over. I have tried soooo many powders and this one is perfect because I do not have to worry about how it will alter the look of my foundation, it looks translucent. For a more flawless look, I will use my MAC skin-finish in medium plus (which makes me very oily) then set it with this and perfect. I get so many compliments on my skin on a daily basis when I use this combination. My foundation consists of MIssha bb cream in #27 warmed up with a graftobian or ben nye cream foundation to adjust the color. then I set it with this for a natural look and finish it off by lightly pressing some highlighter to only the tops of my cheeks and instantly my face looks youthful and flawless. I am 28 and my skin has never looked better. I cannot say it fully controls my oil for extreme amount of time (usually about 4 hours, which is great to me), I don't know if its due to the bb cream, but I like a small amount of sheen to make my face look tighter.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

I bought this because I wanted a less expensive alternative to T. LeClerc's Banane. I am SO glad I did!. This is wonderful, fine, translucent powder that will combat any redness. It just looks sheer and beautiful, while hiding flaws, yet not settling into wrinkles. It comes in a plastic bottle with a shaker top. 3 oz. cost me $10.00. What a deal!.
Ben Nye is sorely overlooked for everyday make up needs. The products are high quality and affordable, and come in many shades. I have ordered online, but discovered a stage equipment store in Chicago that carried it. The place was very simple, but the people were SO nice, and they gave me a catalog too.
I have many of their eye shadows and some blushes too. They are all excellent. GO BEN NYE!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

THis product has gotten raves everywhere! MUA, from some great makeup artists...but... i'm not diggin' it :( The packaging is the crappy shake bottle, which i don't care since the price was very cheap for such a large amount! It's a truly yellow powder, and i can see how this would really enhance a lot of skintones (brighten them up). However, on me, this powder looked chalky. Within a few hours, my makeup seemed to show unevenly, and some places that are dryer on my face, would really be accentuated wearing this powder. Not for me, perhaps not for dry-skinned gals, but i will update if somehow things change for the better! :D

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this on MakeupMania because it said it was like a "famous" powder. I knew they meant T. LeClerc Banae because I was dying to try it, but not willing to cough up the $60. So I bought it online for $7 and I am impressed. I find that it works really well to set the foundation and really helps my asian skin get that "glow". The shaker bottle is annoying, but for $7 I'll keep my mouth shut! :)