Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking forward to trying this foundation , given the hype, but it fell flat for me. For reference my skin is oily to combination. I tried this as a sample in the shade 130. The shade is spot on, perfect. This is comparable to the shade Gobi from NARS. But the wear is pretty bad. Upon application, it was so difficult to blend in with a brush. It was caking into every pore and crease, and just looked heavy. It began seperating almost immediatly and just looked like a mess. Clung onto dry spots as well, even after exfloiating and moisturizing. Very drying as well. Sorry Riri. :(

on 4/1/2018 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to love this so much because the color match was so great, but within an hour the foundation had started to separate on my chin and nose. I shook it well. I tried two different primers. Nothing worked. I guess my skin is just too oily.

on 4/1/2018 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I got this foundation in the shade 320 (which was the correct shade) about four months ago. I used it numerous times for parties and events and never got tired of it. I have pretty oily skin and no matter what foundation I used, I would still end up oily. This foundation does suit my skin type, but near the end of the day it went back to oily. It's not a big problem though, but for the price I would not buy again. Overall, a really great product and I believe it is worth trying out.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: 240 (NC37 for reference)
SKIN TYPE: combo
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge

PROS

- shade range
- medium coverage

CONS

- drying
- feels heavy
- accentuates pores
- clings to dry spots

COMMENTS: Mmm...no. Just no. Felt heavy and looked terrible. My face looked dry and textured. It accentuated pores and came off before 8 hours. It also didn’t grab onto certain areas of my face very well. Great shade range, but it ends there.

on 3/31/2018 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

After going to Sephora and buying different shades and never getting it right, I finally landed on shade 430. This foundation is in my top 3 though lately I've been leaning more toward dewy finsh foundation...just makes the skin look healthier with less attention to imperfections. Anyway, this foundation is an excellent matte finish and full coverage. It dries fast so I typically blend in sections. really i'm buffing as the foundations tends to dry so fast that it becomes streaky. But it is a very good foundation. It is long wearing though it doesn't clam that. This one i'm wearing to work and 10 hour days and it holds up. I did purchase the blotting powder though to touch up during the day which works really well. I would say, if you are going to get this foundation, you should also invest in the primer which feels very moisturizing. This helps with offsetting the dryness of the foundation and it is very dry. I am combination to oily skin and I believe this foundation was made for us oily girls. If you have dry skin, there is nothing hydrating about this foundation. Anyway, this is worth the money.

on 3/30/2018 4:56:00 PM

Bought this because I love Rihanna and because I´m always on the lookout for the perfect foundation. I have tried this with and without the primer and neither works for me. Looks very cakey from first application, I can not get this to blend well with the Fenty sponge or any brush or other sponge applicators. I have dry-combination skin so usually foundation looks a bit dry and cakey on me at first, then after the first hour of wear my natural oils come through and makes it look more dewy and natural. With this it only gets worse throughout the day, and I can´t salvage the look with any setting spray. I also tried using as little product as possible but that made everything look uneven and gives a strange mix of textures in the face. I don´t think this is good for drier skin types. Have seen it on normal and oily skintypes with a much better result.

on 3/30/2018 4:37:00 PM

I would 100% buy this again. It has great coverage, great staying power and a beautiful finish. I made the mistake of buying Armani luminous silk after this thinking it would be better just because it was more expensive but it's not. I'm looking forward to finishing the Armani so I can go back to this.

I wanted this to work so badly. I made sure to exfoliate beforehand and tried it with a couple different water based moisturizers and the Pro Filt’r primer. Applied it with a flat top brush, RT’s expert face brush, UD’s optics blurring brush, Tarte’s bamboo foundation brush, beauty blender, fingers.. (you get the point lol).., but I couldn’t get that flawless finish that everyone who loves this talks about :( Also, I did make sure to work section by section because this stuff sets quickly. For reference, I’m 28 and have combination skin. I don’t have much to cover up, just looking to smooth even out my skin tone. Unfortunately this foundation made me self conscious about the pores next to my nose for the first time in my life! :’( I don’t know if it’s because I’m getting older or what (SIGH), but the foundation just sat around my pores like nothing I’ve ever seen before. As far as the rest of my face goes, you could very clearly see the foundation just sitting on top of my skin. Ended up giving up and returning it after a couple weeks as it just didn’t work for me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am on the fence as to whether I would purchase this based on the sample that I've tried, but for now it is a no. It is very liquidy and doesn't offer much coverage on the first go, so I feel like a full bottle would be used up super quickly. The shade range is amazing, and I love that they put it in a nice glass bottle with a pump; however, the finish is too matte for my taste as well. Overall, it is not a bad product and it deserves some of the recognition that it has gotten, but it is by no means one-size-fits-all as it is very drying. I have dry skin, so I know I could only use this once a week at most.

on 3/24/2018 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this foundation as I’ve been forever in search of my holy grail long wear foundation, but unfortunately it just wasn’t living up to any of the hype.
I always apply with a buffing brush as it gives me the airbrush type of finish I prefer, and initially when I began applying it I noticed that I had to blend extremely quickly as it wasn’t blending properly - however on my second time applying I realised it wasn’t the case at all, this foundation just generally cannot blend as well as others I’ve tried. After what felt like a mini arm workout trying to blend it in, it still looked very patchy and sat really awfully on my skin.
My acne prone skin didn’t break out though (thankfully), however it’s only day two of wearing it.
I’m glad I only got this as a sample and didn’t buy the full sized bottle as it would’ve gone to waste.