Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

on 6/1/2018 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was honestly so excited to use this! However, I'm not really impressed with this product. You have to put good moisturizer and/or primer to make this look natural. If not, it looks cakey. I don't find this to be full coverage at all. It is buildable, but I don't find it lightweight. I'm also oily. My nose and my t zone gets oily so the foundation starts rubbing off. I think it's good as a light-medium foundation. However, I don't think I will be repurchasing this product.

on 5/31/2018 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

It was easy to find exactly the shade of my skin. Was very surprised how I could cover any imperfection. Overall i was impressed.

on 5/26/2018 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Been using this product for a couple of months now. Slightly skeptical at the beginning because I always thought products by celebrities will never be as good as the brands that have been in the market for a long time. However, this foundation did not disappoint.

My skin is really oily, like I have to use maybe 2 to 3 pieces of blotting paper to fully rid the oil off my face. I was using Estee Lauder's double wear foundation before this, and that foundation did control the oil. My face will still look glowy due to the oil (but not too oily). However, that product was too difficult to blend as it dries up very quickly, and sometimes my skin will look patchy especially at the nose area. I hated the packaging as well as it did not come with a pump, so I'll pour it on the back of my hand which causes it to dry up WAY TOO QUICKLY. Having changed to Fenty Beauty, this product does way better than Estee Lauder. It's easy to blend and the shade selection is better. I feel that it does make my skin appear less oily throughout the day, but could still improve. It is not tacky as well!

As a Singaporean, the weather here is insanely hot and the Fenty Beauty foundation will still allow oil to come through, just that you'll look slightly glowy as the day goes by. However, I've been receiving compliments from people saying that my skin looks really perfect and flawless. I personally use this product with Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizing gel, Rimmel wake me up concealer and Rimmel stay matte powder and finish it off with UD's setting spray. I find that this combination of products gave me the best results for oily skin.

All in all, for people with oily skin, do give it a shot as I personally feel that it is even better than Estee Lauder's double wear foundation, which has been highly raved by youtubers. Good luck!

on 5/25/2018 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Foundation pros - excellent colour match, looks good when first applied. Decent coverage

Cons- no lasting power! For a foundation that claims it is long wearing, the wear is abysmal. It breaks up all over my face and gets patchy by the 2nd hour of wear. Setting spray or primers don't help much. So disappointed. Despite the colour match being good, later in the day I look orange. No bueno. Sorry Riri, there are loads of DS foundations that perform better than this.

on 5/21/2018 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

the hell is this crappy foundation?? it cakes up so fast a slides off my face so fast, and lemme tell you it doesn't happen to me even w my cheaper drugstore foundations, this is nightmare, stay away from it

on 5/21/2018 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is very good quality for what its worth. The primer that goes with it though doesn't make it better for oily skin.
The main problem with this product is the findings of the shade range, which in a way is great but since the oils change up the foundation a little that would mean, just like what happened to me, where they said I was a 400 when it was too dark for my yellow undertones says a lot. So in my opinion I'm either a 399 or 410 to match with my undertones so I don't look like another color throughout the day.
Love the fact it has a pump though.

on 5/17/2018 12:04:00 AM

OH. MY. GOD. I am obsessed with this foundation. I was so excited when I saw the shade range was completely diverse and inclusive. Even though I am pale and most (if not all) make up companies accommodate my skin, I would prefer to support companies that care about diversity.
I love that there are different undertones in each shade range. I am pretty fair but have a yellow undertone and my neck is pure white basically, so I have 120 i believe and it matches me perfectly. and I have had a lot of difficulty finding a drugstore foundation that suits my skin AND looks good.

This foundation is smooth and quite a runny consistency and I can get through my whole face with a pump and a half using a damp beauty blender.
I would say its a medium buildable coverage, I like being able to see my freckles through my foundation and have quite a natural look, but you can easily build it up. It leaves you matte and poreless but not 1 dimensional.
If you set it right, it stays on all day. It feels so light once it's on as well.

It is a bit pricey, but its the base of your face so it's worth investing in a good foundation and I will continue to buy this for the rest of my life!

on 5/14/2018 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Not too impressed by this foundation. I was looking for a more economical choice to the normal foundation I use, and decided to try this one since it had pretty decent reviews on Sephora.

This is a pretty thick formulation. It didn't spread very well with a dry sponge, though it might work okay with a wet beauty blender. It dries pretty fast otherwise and even though I blended very thoroughly ( I thought), it was still a little streaky and not very blended into my hairline either. I also think these colors lean a little to the warm side and I'm typically neutral so that might be a no-no for very fair or cool toned girls.

Not a big fan overall. I've found drugstore foundations like Almay that are more effective.

on 5/12/2018 2:07:00 PM

It's a good foundation for oily (and/or sweaty) skin. It's not my go to since it requires quite a bit of work but if i'm going out or if it's a hot day and i have a lot to cover, i will reach for this. it's not super blendable. it's a good medium coverage that lasts nicely. i can get a pretty sweaty/wet forehead (ew i know) and this holds up super nicely.

on 5/12/2018 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

In my opinion, it's an okay foundation. It's pretty lightweight on the skin. My main issue with this lies on the fact that the product creases along my laugh lines. Also, it doesn't do a very good job with keeping the oil at bay on my forehead area. Also, the color is quite hard to predict cos it really does dry down/oxidize to a darker shade after a few hours. Will definitely not repurchase this.