Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

on 12/25/2018 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this alot...this is the only true full coverage liquid foundation I own because I hate heavy foundation lol, but I don't hate this. I'm 49 yo, and even though I'm still very oily, I don't gravitate towards a full matte base. This product is just really really good, and when I add a drop off jojoba oil to half a pump, I get a perfect, flawless look. There's a great color range, and neutral 150 is perfect for my N20/25 skintone. I will definitely repurchase.

I have dry - combo skin. The colour match on this foundation is great but the texture/coverage just isn’t for me. This foundation makes my skin look dull and dry. You can definitely see that you’re wearing foundation. I prefer a medium coverage foundation that looks like skin, or is slightly more dewy.
I don’t like the pump - I feel like once I finished the bottle there was still some left in the bottom that I couldn’t get to.
I also find you have to blend it immediately or it sticks to the skin and won’t blend out. It tends to stick to dry patches. I want to love this, but I just don’t.

on 11/29/2018 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am already on my 2nd bottle now and this is finishing soon! I did not have high expectations but it works for me! The formula is great, very runny which I love as it means it is not those thick formula foundation which I typically will need more effort to blend out. But having said that, it is a definitely buildable to a full coverage so it works for me on all occasions.

My color is 200, although I think 210 would match me better but it is ALWAYS out of stock at the Sephora near me!

Price is very reasonable compared to the other brands in Sephora.

My go-to foundation everyday. I use it with a damp beauty blender and application is so smooth.

When I first applied the foundation, I literally thought "what a disaster!". It went all patchy, dry, settled into everything-- I hated it. I applied it with a brush that time. Fast forward to now, and I absolutely love this foundation. What changed? I actually gave it a chance and learned how to use this product correctly. So, my advice, if it comes out patchy-- give it a second chance.

First, shake the bottle really well! This is the first mistake I have made. I gave it a quick shake, and that's it. Wrong! Shake it really well!

Take a damp beauty sponge for application. The product blends in a lot better.

Three, the formula is very peculiar and dries VERY fast. I highly recommend working on one side of the face first before applying foundation on the other side of the face. And blend, blend, blend...fast! Use minimal amount of product! 1.5 pumps covers my whole face and neck (I have a big face). This would give you Light-Medium coverage. An extra coat will give medium to full coverage. If you don't follow these steps, you will end up with a patchy face. But if you do, you will have a flawless Matt finish. Beautiful. Oh, and it doesn't really settle into the fine lines.

The foundation doesn't oxidise, it just dries down like paint.

I received this foundation for free (benefit of working in the beauty industry)- I wouldn’t purchase it myself because foundations with talc always break me out.
I have the shade 130- if you have fair skin with strong yellow undertones this shade is for you. It’s very hard to find very, very yellow foundation shades so props to the brand for the shade range!!! The only this saturated color I’ve ever found is Sisley Phyto Teint Expert in 0 Porcelain.

Anyway, I decided to give this foundation a try.
Shade: it’s a bit too dark for me but since the undertone is right it blends nicely with my skin.
It doesn’t oxidize on me, maybe slightly but no more than half a shade.
Finish: I have combo skin, usually prefer satin matte foundations so it’s up my alley. Doesn’t make my skin shiny and keeps oils at bay.
Coverage: is just right, I’d say solid medium. I use the smallest amount because I have pretty good skin. One pump is more than enough.

I’ve been carefully using this foundation only from time to time- never for several days in a row, since I don’t want it to clog my pores. So far so good!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

*Before you decide to buy this please do a shade match with a couple of shades samples for a day!
The color I was matched with, 420, was perfect with a smooth matte finish. The next day (which was July below the Mason-Dixon line=humid) I applied it at 5AM, when I got home by 2:30PM, it looked like Jello chocolate pudding was all over my face! My skin gets darker in summer but not that deep! Of course I lost the Sephora receipt and packaging, I put it away but didn’t wanna give up on it.

As u may know, this has a tendency to oxidize much darker or orange but not all the time. I honestly feel that it doesn’t oxidize when you stay indoors LOL! So whatever shade you’re matched with, get it in a shade lighter, you’re paying a pretty penny for it! Use a solid primer or the primer that’s part of the line.

on 11/16/2018 9:53:00 AM

A full coverage foundation, perfect to mask its imperfections without looking like a cake face!

What I prefer is its matte effect! You do not need to apply powder on it. It is magic. The only problem: the foundation is a bit oxidized by the end of the day. Your face is a little more orange than earlier in the day, but your imperfections stay well hidden :)

There is a lot of shade choices! It is certainly one of the brands that offer the most shade choices. The packaging is a bit simple, but this is not important.

on 11/16/2018 2:30:00 AM

This is the best foundation I’ve ever used, wears for a long time, doesn’t cake up and looks natural. Also the best colour match I’ve ever had.

on 11/7/2018 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

As soon as I looked at the Fenty display. I spotted my shade right away. Shade 290 was listed as a neutral olive, and sure enough, it had that muted, subtle green undertone that is unique to olive skin. I cheer the cosmetic chemists who are getting better at foundation colors. When I was a girl in the 1980s, foundations at the medium and dark end of the color spectrum were very orange and bright.
I apply this foundation over a moisturizer with sunscreen. Without moisturizer, the finish would be too dry. It does take some skill to blend quickly before the foundation dries. The foundation dries to a smooth, matte finish that requires little setting powder. The finish lasts all of my 12 hour shifts at work. The coverage is moderate but buildable. I am 45, so any foundation applied to thickly looks terrible, so I apply thinly and it looks fine.
The price is in line for a Sephora buy, the packaging is a tidy pump of the kind I prefer.

on 11/6/2018 7:23:00 AM

I love Rihanna, don't get me wrong and when this first ever came out I was desperate to try, so I did - the price is reasonable and the packaging is nice and classy.

However, the foundation just doesn't meet the match. As soon as you put on the foundation on your face, you have to instantly blend blend blend or it dries up in patches around your face, it also tends to oxidase majorly throughout the day, which is a hassle.

The foundation, I would say is light - medium coverage, as my skin was quite oily when I purchased it, it didn't have a smell to it but when it was on your face it felt - very matte? although it broke around my t-zone.

The foundation really isn't worth it, especially just because its RiRi.