Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the shade range of Fenty Beaty. However, I hate how drying this foundation can be on my face. I have combo skin but I find this foundation really drying on my dry areas. The foundation color is the best color match that I have for my skin tone but, I find myself mixing in a dewy foundation which then changes my undertone. I wish Fenty had a dewy version of this and I would be in love!

on 1/26/2019 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing. Everyone always compliments me on how good my skin looks, and I have to keep telling them, it’s not my skin, it’s Fenty!!!” So happy they came out with the 10 additional shades, as I was struggling on finding a perfect winter shade. Now I have a shade for every season. I have normal, but sensitive skin, and I follow a very moisturizing routine prior to putting on makeup - cleansing milk, essence, facial oil serum, moisturizer. All prior to putting on the Fenty primer and then foundation. And this foundation stays on all damn day! If you have drier skin, definitely focus on hydrating you skin well prior to applying this foundation, or else you may find it too drying. Also, despite what ppl may think, this foundation DOES NOT oxidize. It just dries quickly into a super matte finish, hence why there might be a slight variance in the colour from when you put it on wet.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got 2 samples of this even though I already found an awesome liquid foundation called Photo Focus by Wetnwild - anyway, I wanted to give this hyped foundation a try. My color is 130 which is extremely yellow but the actual color blends out to a beautiful neutral shade that matched me perfectly. From 2 ft away, it looks like I'm not wearing anything. The formula though, to me is terrible. It doesn't blend, it rubs off and the smell bothers me. Even though the shade was perfect, when up close, you can see the makeup because it just won't melt into skin. It waters my eyes and gave me a rash on the sides of my nose in addition to everything else. Even when my oils blended in with the foundation, it still looked terrible. The wetnwild foundation (although I haven't found my perfect shade) won't rub off, doesn't transfer, blends in seconds and has no fragrance. Bottom line is I'm glad I got a sample of this so now I know I won't be buying it. Reference: I tried this with and without primer and had the same effect. I wore Paula's Choice Resist SPF 30 zinc sunscreen and Hourglass mineral veil primer and various other primers and it still would not work or blend.

Hard to blend, settles in lines, makes skin dry, and wears off very quickly.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this because I love Rihanna, and not because I needed one more foundation. I found my HG in Nars sheer glow, but I wanted to see if pro filtr lived up to the hype. I bought it with the primer (which I friggin love!) in the shade 120, because I'd heard that this product oxidizes like a motha. It's a great match for my NW15 skin. I find powdering to set this is unnecessary, and I end up a bit cakey at the end of the day if I do. Plays well with my urban decay all nighter spray, and other products layer extremely well over it, meaning the fdn doesn't lift up or move around when I'm applying and blending. I get best application using a damp beauty sponge, brush application left me a streaky mess, but your experience may be different. I look pretty flawless throughout my 10 hour days and this baby can handle a sweaty 4 hour dance session like a champ! The only con to this product that I've found is that it's a bit dry for my skin type, so it settles and creases in the very few wrinkles I have. I solved that with a few drops of facial oil mixed together before I apply, but since I have to do that this gets 4 lippies instead of 5. Overall I dig this fdn and would repurchase. Eagerly awaiting the release of her new concealers!!

on 1/4/2019 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love everything behind this brand however I feel that this product could improve to evolve into the perfect foundation if they could make it last longer and look a little less matte but that may be just a personal preference. I love the fragrance and texture of this formula, I have some freckles on my face and in spite of the high coverage that it has it is still possible to see them maintaining a natural and light look that honestly fascinates me. The price is fair, excellent shade range, fabulous packaging, you must give it a try.

I am Oriental, and staying in a tropical country. My complexion colour is medium, and I have a combination of oily and dry skin, but mostly oily, with open pores. I use Pro Filt’r (No. 200) on my face except for my nose. The shade is slightly lighter than my skin tone, but there’s no different shades visible (face and neck) when photos are taken. It is long lasting and keeps my skin fresh and does not streak. I have it on for around 10 hours a day, and my skin still looks great at the end of the day. The foundation is very bendable. I apply this foundation with my fingers. No brush or beauty blender. I have tried foundation brush but I find using fingers are still the best, it blends into my skin. For my nose, I have to put on a different foundation, Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation (Cool Creme no. 3C0). I find that Fenty foundation tends to streak and stays on top of my nose, doesn’t blend in easily and the different shades around my nose and cheek is visible. Before I put on the Fenty foundation, I’d apply The Porefessional as a base by Benefit.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation oxidizes like a B! It also has really weird undertones. Not a fan

on 12/26/2018 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation is amazing. It looks very natural on the skin as it has a natural finish. It also doesn't transfer at all and there is no need for setting powder with this foundation.
I do think that this product is rather expensive, but it's worth every penny!

on 12/25/2018 3:23:00 PM

This is an okay foundation. I love the colours (I took the lightest one), bit the formula was just not quite there. It accentuated dry patches that I didn't notice before - it's a fairly matte formula so that's probably why. It also tends to face off throughout the day quite a lot, I would say it only lasts like 3 hours before a noticeable difference in texture and coverage - and by the end of the day it literally had faded so much that the area's I put concealer in stood out like crazy because they were still there. This is with setting powder and primer by the way. I was hoping to love it, and still have almost a full bottle left! :( going to try MUFE HD foundation next, or go back to my Sephora 10hr.