Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

on 2/14/2018 9:48:00 PM

Edited to update 3/18/18: I have used this with a setting spray and also have applied with a beauty blender and brush. I still prefer to apply with my hands as I feel I have to use more foundation (and look more cakey) with a brush or beauty blender. The setting spray has not changed the wear or anything. I don't know if my skincare is reacting to something in the primer/foundation but I find by mid-afternoon my forehead is weirdly oily feeling. I also think it fades a bit as the day goes on but I've had that happen with all foundations I've used. I still like this foundation and would repurchase.

I just received this foundation a few days ago so this is a very preliminary review. I have been use Bare Minerals Bare Pro foundation which I find to be crap. But I am trying to use up the bottle. My skin is dry and I believe the Bare Pro was breaking me out. I finally decided to try this foundation. I can see this not working for dry skin as it will cling to dry patches. I also feel that it will look horrible if you try to apply too much to build coverage.

I am currently using 3 drops marula oil, 3 drops of rose hip oil and then Garnier Soothing moisturizer with rose water. I let it all skin in and then apply UD Optical blurring primer, then this foundation. It's only been a few days but so far this is all working with this foundation. I apply one and half pump of foundation. I feel like on me, anything more will be more mask like and will highlight all my flaws. I have also only applied with my hands. I am using shade 120 which matches my skin so well that people can't tell i'm wearing anything. I have never found a foundation that covers everything without being super thick and mask like. I have freckles and any redness from zits pops out on my fair skin so I consider coverage good if it evens me out. I do not use powder to set this as powder wreaks havoc on my dry skin. I only have the Too Faced setting spray and I haven't used it yet. I do think it fades some as the day goes on but I haven't found it to oxide.

I was surprised by this foundation. I was expecting it perform badly or just not work for my skin based on reviews. My favorite foundation is Lancome Tient Idole but if this continues to perform, it might bump Lancome. Lancome has a little more elegant formula but I can't beat the color match of fenty and fenty feels lighter on my skin. I find the coverage to be the same on me. Plus Fenty is about $10 cheaper. I will be updating if anything changes.

on 2/7/2018 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This foundation gives me a flawless finish . Very easily buildable to give desired coverage. With one coat alone it is a medium- full coverage. The shade range is absolutely phenomenal, i would be very surprised if you cant find a shade to match your skintone. Highly recommend

on 2/6/2018 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Finally got 420 via in store order with home delivery. I really do like this foundation. I’m ok with sheer coverage and the matte finish. Still toying with damp sponge vs brush. But definitely a formula I like.

on 2/1/2018 5:57:00 PM

First of all let me say I LOVE this foundation.
It is full coverage and actually matches my skin tone which are two biggies for me. That being said it is a little drying, I can only use it if my skin is well moisturized but aside from that the coverage really is amazing and the color is so rich.
Unfortunately I felt as though, for the price, there was not enough product so buying it regularly is kind of pushing it for me financially. When I have extra spending money I will definitely buy again

on 1/29/2018 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely love this because you get more than what you pay for. It’s the cheapest foundation I’ve ever found of this quality. It oxidizes, so it’s best to try it in stores in your neck first.

The only thing is that my “perfect match” actually makes my face look pretty bland. I tried contouring and putting concealer on top and bronzers but to be honest I don’t think anything mixes well with this foundation.

Solution: I got a shade lighter and I wear 2 shades every day. I feel it’s worth it because in total that’s almost $70 for 2 foundations and it’s perfect for oily skin because it doesn’t go ANYWHERE and if you put s little power or use a blotting paper it’s like you’ve just done your makeup all over again! Love!!!

on 1/28/2018 1:19:00 PM

Ok let me start off by saying that I am a foundation junkie! I think I've tried most high end foundation brands. I purchased both the Fenty foundation and Huda foundation a couple of weeks ago and put them both to the test.

For reference I am Mac NC20 and Nars Deauville. I purchased the Fenty foundation in the shade 140. Initially I though this shade would be too light but after reading reviews I decided upon this shade (some people were saying it can oxidise a shade or two). It's an excellent match for my NC20 skin. From using this foundation for a fortnight, I can say that for me it oxides only a tiny amount. It dries down to a soft matte finish and after about 10 minutes the colour on my skin stays true all day.

It applies beautifully. I have used a beauty blender and the new Huda foundation brush. I feel that the brush provides a more flawless finish. I finish off my base with a light dusting of Laura Mercier translucent powder and I feel this sets the makeup in place for a good 6 - 8 hours. I have an oily t zone and oils start to show through after about 6 hours, but a bit of a powder touch up fixes this.

Pros
Flawless finish
Blurs pores and fine lines
Reasonably long lasting
Excellent range of colours

Cons
Lack of places to purchase in UK (got mine from Harvey Nichols online)
May not be suitable for very oily skin types

on 1/21/2018 12:53:00 AM

Stay clear away from this product if you have dry skin. I’ve combination skin and you could clearly see patches of foundation on the drier parts. I decided to give it a second go, tried mixing the same amount of la roche-posay toleriane fluid ( oil free and super lightweight moisturizer ) with the amount of foundation I was going to use, and it turned out perfect! It’s even better than the nars sheer glow after a long day. It doesn’t slide as much.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

In shade 240

I like this foundation but it's haven't reach my hg status
As an oily prone skin girl, I'm thankful of this product (moreover I live in tropical country)

It does its job, but I don't find any reason to said its special.

It just work like my other foundation imo.

My mom said, she loves MUFE HD foundation better on me than the fenty one, which confuse me a lot.

But it's still worth to purchase imo, give it a try.

on 1/9/2018 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is very good. I have used it for like 8 days. It does not fail. My skin feels after cleansing meaning that make up does not hurt skin. Pretty colors. Photogenic. Valuable pump. Nice design. Good odor. Smells like pineapple and papaya in a jar. Very valuable. Almost returned it in hopes that the Sephora helper gave me the wrong color being so I decided to keep it.

on 1/5/2018 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was able to find the most perfect color match ever with this foundation. I can't even tell I'm wearing makeup, it just blends with my skin. That being said I lean oily and the finish is so matte I have to moisturize before applying. This needs to be applied and blended in small sections as it dries to quickly to blend if applied to the whole face at once. Also I feel like less is more with this product. Just under one pump does it for me, a full pump looks cakey on my skin