Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

on 4/10/2019 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I Went To My Local Sephora And Got Shade Matched Inside The Store. The Sephora Makeup Artist Instantly Matched Me In The Shade 440 Along With The Fenty Beauty Concealer In 440. I Was Immediately Amazed How It Oxidize In Like 5 Seconds To Give The Product Time To Settle In On Your Face Before Judging It. Very Great Product! I Also Purchased The Instant Retouch Setting Powder In Hazelnut & Sample Size In Honey. Very Great For All Skin Types As Well.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

When this foundation first came out there was a lot of hype around the shade range which yes is great but my foundation doesn’t match my skin anyway. I like to go a couple of shades darker to match my fake tan so I am more bothered about the coverage and staying power on my combination skin. I have been a die hard fan of studio fix for years so was reluctant to change incase it wasn’t as good however I decided to give this foundation a go after seeing it in Sephora whilst I was on holiday and I wasn’t disappointed!

It glides onto your face like butter and blends like a dream, I have read some reviews that says it dries too quick but I haven’t had this problem. I dot 1 pump onto my face then blend with a beauty blender then apply another pump and repeat. This is medium to full coverage so some would get away with just 1 pump however I have freckles that I don’t like so apply 2 layers to make sure they are completely hidden.

The foundation lasts a good 10 hours without needing to be touched up, ( I bake with translucent powder after applying). I love the feel of this foundation it feels so silky and light on your face. I will definitely be purchasing again when it’s run out and for now anway it has replaced my beloved studio fix. Can’t wait to try some more Fenty products.

on 2/11/2019 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For the last 3-4 years, my go-to has been the L'Oreal Pro-Matte in 104 (because I always got hella compliments) but I needed a change of foundation when my face was MUCH more tan than the rest of my body. So here's to experimenting with new foundations!

I'm not much of a high-end foundation girl, but I like this a lot (for several reasons):

- It dries pretty quickly and doesn't transfer - "soft matte" is the perfect way of describing the finish. The formulation doesn't make it separate or stay tacky (ew) throughout the day. I have no patience for makeup that sticks and transfers to shirt collars, male friends' suit jackets, and other people.
- It's in that weird pricing sweet spot of $34 -- not quite low-end $20 Sephora but also not WTH upper-tier $42-60.
- The pump doesn't dispense too much product per pump, so you can either dial back or dial up the amount you need. I just need 1.5 pumps for my face and neck, applied with a damp sponge. I mix this with my Becca Champagne Pop liquid highlighter and yes, it is poppin'.
- IT TOOK ME 2 TRIES, but I found my shade match! Initially I ordered 190 through the online shade finder, got an associate in-person to match and she said 185 would be perfect, but my color is actually 150 after watching it dry down. All the reviews saying this product oxidizes to a darker shade are CORRECT. If you're curious about this foundation, swatch a thin layer on your hand and let it dry to its true shade to make your choice.

I am a thirsty-skinned fair-light complected Asian, if you're curious. I ALWAYS apply moisturizer before foundation, which is how I avoid dry spots -- and because I apply a thin layer of foundation, I don't get the "it settles into lines" issue. At the end of the day, I do get a tad shinier than with my Pro-Matte but it's not a terrible con. Otherwise, it performs awesomely: It looks natural and not "beauty guru" Instaglammy. Light-medium coverage. I can wear this to the office (which I do, by the way) and on a night out.

It's solid.

on 1/31/2019 7:47:00 AM

Best foundation I ever bought. Stays on well beyond 12h. I do get shiny but that´s ok because the foundation does not smudge and stays undisturbed when blotting. I still have not found that miracle product that will keep the shine away throughout the day and so I made my peace with my skin. It also does not clog pores and I really don´t feel aware of it when I´m wearing makeup. I do feel that this is all I wished ELDW to be, as my friends kept raving about it, but I just couldn´t get along with it.
So, thank you Fenty people for a great product!

PS: would suggest to people interested in buying this foundation to be aware that shades do oxidize, a lot. So first do try out samples of shades lighter than actual skin. It´s bothersome but I think it´s worth it. Good luck!

on 1/26/2019 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing. Everyone always compliments me on how good my skin looks, and I have to keep telling them, it’s not my skin, it’s Fenty!!!” So happy they came out with the 10 additional shades, as I was struggling on finding a perfect winter shade. Now I have a shade for every season. I have normal, but sensitive skin, and I follow a very moisturizing routine prior to putting on makeup - cleansing milk, essence, facial oil serum, moisturizer. All prior to putting on the Fenty primer and then foundation. And this foundation stays on all damn day! If you have drier skin, definitely focus on hydrating you skin well prior to applying this foundation, or else you may find it too drying. Also, despite what ppl may think, this foundation DOES NOT oxidize. It just dries quickly into a super matte finish, hence why there might be a slight variance in the colour from when you put it on wet.

on 12/26/2018 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation is amazing. It looks very natural on the skin as it has a natural finish. It also doesn't transfer at all and there is no need for setting powder with this foundation.
I do think that this product is rather expensive, but it's worth every penny!

on 11/29/2018 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am already on my 2nd bottle now and this is finishing soon! I did not have high expectations but it works for me! The formula is great, very runny which I love as it means it is not those thick formula foundation which I typically will need more effort to blend out. But having said that, it is a definitely buildable to a full coverage so it works for me on all occasions.

My color is 200, although I think 210 would match me better but it is ALWAYS out of stock at the Sephora near me!

Price is very reasonable compared to the other brands in Sephora.

My go-to foundation everyday. I use it with a damp beauty blender and application is so smooth.

on 11/16/2018 9:53:00 AM

A full coverage foundation, perfect to mask its imperfections without looking like a cake face!

What I prefer is its matte effect! You do not need to apply powder on it. It is magic. The only problem: the foundation is a bit oxidized by the end of the day. Your face is a little more orange than earlier in the day, but your imperfections stay well hidden :)

There is a lot of shade choices! It is certainly one of the brands that offer the most shade choices. The packaging is a bit simple, but this is not important.

on 11/16/2018 2:30:00 AM

This is the best foundation I’ve ever used, wears for a long time, doesn’t cake up and looks natural. Also the best colour match I’ve ever had.

on 11/7/2018 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

As soon as I looked at the Fenty display. I spotted my shade right away. Shade 290 was listed as a neutral olive, and sure enough, it had that muted, subtle green undertone that is unique to olive skin. I cheer the cosmetic chemists who are getting better at foundation colors. When I was a girl in the 1980s, foundations at the medium and dark end of the color spectrum were very orange and bright.
I apply this foundation over a moisturizer with sunscreen. Without moisturizer, the finish would be too dry. It does take some skill to blend quickly before the foundation dries. The foundation dries to a smooth, matte finish that requires little setting powder. The finish lasts all of my 12 hour shifts at work. The coverage is moderate but buildable. I am 45, so any foundation applied to thickly looks terrible, so I apply thinly and it looks fine.
The price is in line for a Sephora buy, the packaging is a tidy pump of the kind I prefer.