Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

When i first used this foundation, i absolutely loved it!! I finally found my HG product and I loved the way it looked on camera but I started noticing that i was getting these odd breakouts on my forehead, chin and cheek area - like red bumps. I haven't really been getting spots but only since I started using the foundation. I'm pretty bummed out about it as I really liked the colour and the finish but if I am going to break out as a result of it then it's not worth it at all. Rihanna and her team need to fix up the formula for this ASAP!!

on 12/22/2017 6:58:00 AM

I bought this foundation based on reviews I had read. The pump is nice, dispenses the right amount of product. But the look of this is very flat, and can age you. It honestly looked like I was wearing an old type foundation from the sixties! Not for anyone with dry skin. Unless you are looking for maximum coverage and a mask-like finish, stay away from this!

on 12/10/2017 7:38:00 AM

I had a horrible allergic reaction to this foundation! I'm not acne prone at all, I get like two-three pimples when I'm about to have my period but this foundation made me break out like crazy, I had pimples and red bumps all over my chin and forehead :( which made me so sad because I loved the color of the foundation and that my skin stayed matte all day. If the formula is tweaked, I would definitely buy again but for now i'm returning my bottle to get my money back.

on 11/19/2017 5:39:00 PM

I loved this foundation at first! The price is great, I love Rihanna, and it went on easily. All good, right?! WELL my first problem was how drying it was. It stopped going on nicely because of the dry patches it was creating on my skin- no primer or moisturizer would help. The bigger problem and the one that made me return a product for the first time ever- ACNE! I do not break out, I mean I get about a pimple a month- maybe! But this caused me to break out in small flesh colored zits and whiteheads all over my cheeks and chin area! It was so bad. Wish it had worked but something did not agree with my skin!

on 11/18/2017 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Having waited 25 mins to buy this product at the beauty counter boy how i regret it. I watched endless youtube videos about this product before purchasing so i felt pretty confident with the positive reviews. The girl at the counter matched me to shade 300 by only taking off abit of my own makeup from my chin, i first thought hmm, looking at the mirror and in the store lighting it looked ok so i purchased it. The next morning doing my makeup before work i applied the foundation i was horrified it looked pale/dull maybe i bought the wrong shade who know, i also found it hard to blend with the brush and sponge it dries up pretty quickly on to the skin, i have acne prone skin so i pretty much make sure my skin isnt dry by applying marula oil. Currently now i mix The Ordinary foundation and the fenty in order to finish the product now that i have bought it, both together works well. The only positive thing i would say about this product is the longevity.

on 11/3/2017 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Got a sample of this at Sephora but I'm going to pass - I'm oily to begin with and this made me even more oily. I didn't find the coverage to be to my liking (I prefer urban decay all nighter, studio fix by MAC) even though this is supposed to be medium to full coverage. For something "high-end and pricey" I expect better

on 11/3/2017 3:46:00 PM

I'm Chinese and finding foundation for my skin color is very hard. My forehead is a bit tanner than the rest of my face bc it's flat. I'm not being racist, I'm being serious lol

I was so excited for this foundation because I like medium-high coverage foundation because I had small red bumps on my cheeks. Other than that my skin is pretty good. A few breakouts here and there.

But with this foundation, it created a lot of creasing and dryness on my face. Typically, my skin type is normal. This foundation created the illusion of large pores on my face (which has never happened before with different foundations). I get really oily with this foundation too. I find myself blotting my face constantly.The way that it applied on my skin made me my self esteem go down because it just looked weird and disgusting.

I really wanted to love this product, I even bought the primer with it. But I guess if you have dry/normal skin then this wouldn't be the one for you. The color match was perfect, the packaging was nice, and everything about this foundation is great, but it's just not for me

Not a big fan of this foundation. I was excited because I have a difficult to match skin colour... I'm fair but with slightly yellow/neutral undertones.Foundations always seems to be too pink or too neutral for me. The colour was a perfect match but then it darkened two shades and started to show pink/orange undertones. NOT COOL!

It dried very quickly and isn't very buildable.If you try to build on it, it gets cakey and weird. It also emphasized my pores and lines.

It isn't a bad foundation. But for the price, I expected it to be comparable to other similarly priced brands. My last foundation was Too Faced and the colour matched perfectly and didn't darken but the coverage wasn't full enough for me. This is full coverage which is nice, but I didn't like the formula. I wish NARS wasn't so expensive because that's been the best foundation for me so far.

on 10/26/2017 8:54:00 PM

For reference, I’m 40 with clear but very oily skin, and rosacea. I like medium coverage to neutralize the redness but don’t have blemishes/acne etc.

This looked super promising for about 3 hours. Applied as a higher-medium coverage, nice matte finish, didn’t oxidize* and 150 was a good color match.**

I used a decent bit of loose translucent powder to set it because I always need one.

At about 4 hours all hell broke loose. I haven’t had a foundation melt down this badly in a LONG time, especially in cool weather while not doing anything in particular. I noticed at about 3 hours I already had a shiny T zone going and added a bit more loose powder.

It didn’t stop the foundation melt down. Like, streaky break down around my mouth by the fourth hour and a goddamn oily mess all over everywhere else, not just T zone like usual.

I mean, I am so incredibly glad I got a sample from Sephora to try rather than just getting it. It is unwearable on me. I am super surprised this formula is touted as good for oily skin- I admit I am extraordinarily oily, but this was way worse than anything I had tried in awhile (Fit Me Matte, WnW Photofocus, Misscha BB, Nyx BB, KVD powder and liquid). I would think it would be way better on drier skin. It looked great initially!

*It did darken as it fully dried and set but didn’t change color after that, which I wouldn’t characterize as oxidizing, just drying.

**150 was a tiny bit too cool but the other warmer shades were too yellow. I would probably only get a “perfect” match by mixing 150 and a yellower shade. This line leaned yellower in the mid-to-paler shades IMO.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Had high hopes for a semi matte finish foundation for combination skin. After 3 tries I returned the foundation since it sat on my skin and slid right off the face. Be mindful that this oxidizes! It made my skin so oily after only a few hours of use. The price is moderate at $34 a bottle. Huge fan of the packaging and color selection but that's as far as it goes.