Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

2.5

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So I was pushed into buying this as when I swatched it instore I thought it clung to dry spots/ pores a lot. But the lady who served me gave me all sorts of reasons why like because I had no primer on blah blah. Anyway I bought it, tried it at home and kinda hated it. I’ve since tried it again with Mac strobe cream applied shortly before which seems to help and using a beauty blender. It actually looks pretty nice once all my makeup is on and it’s one of my preferred foundations at the moment but I wouldn’t rebuy as too much hard work. I have normal skin, not particularly dry. Coverage is pretty average too. Still on the hunt for my HG!

on 12/22/2017 6:58:00 AM

I bought this foundation based on reviews I had read. The pump is nice, dispenses the right amount of product. But the look of this is very flat, and can age you. It honestly looked like I was wearing an old type foundation from the sixties! Not for anyone with dry skin. Unless you are looking for maximum coverage and a mask-like finish, stay away from this!

on 12/3/2017 9:02:00 PM

Bought this, wore it for three days and started breaking out in little bumps all over my face. The next day the bumps were blisters, not pimples or comedones, but blisters. The only other time I ever had a bad reaction from a foundation was when I tried wearing LORAC's Porefection Foundation and had an allergic reaction to the chemical sunscreens in the foundation. Since that episode, I am normally VERY careful about reading the ingredients to make sure there is nothing in the mix that will cause this type of reaction, but I was so eager to try this based on the reviews that I neglected to do my homework.

Unfortunately, this is going back to Sephora for a refund. Now I just have to clean up the mess that this foundation made of my skin!

on 11/19/2017 5:39:00 PM

I loved this foundation at first! The price is great, I love Rihanna, and it went on easily. All good, right?! WELL my first problem was how drying it was. It stopped going on nicely because of the dry patches it was creating on my skin- no primer or moisturizer would help. The bigger problem and the one that made me return a product for the first time ever- ACNE! I do not break out, I mean I get about a pimple a month- maybe! But this caused me to break out in small flesh colored zits and whiteheads all over my cheeks and chin area! It was so bad. Wish it had worked but something did not agree with my skin!

on 11/3/2017 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Got a sample of this at Sephora but I'm going to pass - I'm oily to begin with and this made me even more oily. I didn't find the coverage to be to my liking (I prefer urban decay all nighter, studio fix by MAC) even though this is supposed to be medium to full coverage. For something "high-end and pricey" I expect better

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PROS:
A lot of product for the money.
Pretty packaging comes with a pump.. that’s always a plus.
Color range is good (if you have warm under tones).
Lasts a long time.

CONS:
Caused me to break out.
Serious flashback in photos Not enough colors for people who have cool undertones ... even though they say they have cool tones they are still extremely yellow.
Not easy to blend.
Oxidizes 2 shades darker than when first applied.
Enphesised dry patches and lines.

on 10/12/2017 10:20:00 PM

Me: 43 years old, very few lines, combo oily skin that can get very oily in warmer weather. Large_ish pores on nose, no old acne marks, lots of red blotches, dark purple circles!

I'm Deauville in NARS, 20 in MUFE F and B, MAC N 4.

This is hands down the best foundation I've ever purchased! I cannot for the life of me see a line between skin and foundation...at all. Best shade I've ever used and I've been wearing base since 1990...16 years old.

I wear 140 and its perfect. It goes on like a dream. I used to use it with the It Cosmetics foundation brush and while I liked it, there were brush marks on the area between my brows and my nose. Fingers (for me) works best. The foundation is definitely on the watery side and with clean fingers it just melts beautifully into skin. Poreless, creamy, solid...no cake, no streaks, no redness, no circles....I'm in awe. I take my favourite huge powder brush (forget the name...it's orange and promoted by Pixiwoo) and fluff on the lovely Maybelline Fit Me loose powder in Light Medium and then do a light contour with Hoola Light and a top with a peachy pink blush. A few sprays of All Nighter and my makeup lasts literally all day.

You know it's good when it's 4 o clock and you keep checking your makeup out in your rearview mirror! No budge, no oily breakthrough, and no patchiness. I plan on repurchashing for a long time!

The bottle is also quite large and very chic and stylish. Excellent base for oily skin like mine. Most foundation breaks through by ten in the morning. Not this baby. Great deal for $34 and the amount of product you get also!

My friend wears 380 and it looks stunning on her, however she is dry and benefits from a moisturizer.

on 10/4/2017 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was so excited to try this because it was super hyped up online. I got samples from sephora when this first launched, and tested it out before buying a bottle. I did not find my exact shade match. I am about NC10-15 and 130 was the best match, but still too dark. Since the coverage is so high you really need to match it well.

I hope if they add more shades they bring out a paler yellow shade, all the shades under 130 are far too neutral/pink for me.

I have dry skin and when prepped well it sat alright on my skin.

Not sure... I purchased online, so I did get a shade that was too light. Now I am on the fence about either getting a refund or getting a correct shade match.
One thing that I do not like is it's difficult to apply. It skips and does not glide on. I know it's a matte formula, but it seems hard to work with. When using a brush it streaks, so then you have to go over it with a beauty blender. When you use it just with a beauty blender it doesn't seem to have as much coverage, and shows pores. Plus it's powdery and dries very fast, so you have to be quick when applying it.
After it's been on for a few hours, it does look better. My skin is slightly oily in the T zone and the oils come through after a days wear, but the foundation looks nice and doesn't break apart.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to love this foundation but unfortunately it just didn't work out for my combo skin.

The shade range is fabulous but the foundation oxidizes WAY too much for a foundation in this price range. It makes choosing a shade a challenge because as close as you think a match may be, it's going to end up looking different on your skin and it oxidizes over the length of hours so even when you're testing it in store it's unlikely you will see the actual shade it's going to turn before you've chosen your shade and purchased.

The formula is lightweight and has really nice medium-full coverage. It looks beautiful as you apply it, but it drys down SO quickly that it's difficult to get blended out as you're applying. Every time I've used it I've felt like I'm in a race to blend faster than the foundation sets. I've found that brush application tends to end up slightly streaky and BB application is difficult because the foundation is so lightweight that the sponge just sucks it up and you end up having to use more foundation (BB and the Fenty sponge).

It drys down pretty matte and dry looking. I noticed it accentuated fine lines under my eye area which really bothered me. The biggest problem I have with this foundation is that it clung to my pores. It didn't pool or separate into them, it clung to them and made them look fuzzy. FUZZY. It's the weirdest thing ever. my skin is always moisturized and exfoliated and none of my other foundations do this to my pores.

From a distance my skin looked great and my oily areas never looked shiny even though I had to blot throughout the day. BUT...when I got close to the mirror I could see this weird fuzziness on my nose and chin and creasing in all my fine lines around my eyes and my forehead. Keep in mind that I've also been using this foundation with the Fenty primer as well.

This foundation may be great for a night out when I'm dancing or in low light settings, but for the daytime it's a no-go.
I wish that it didn't look so dry, didn't cling to my pores and make them look freakin' fuzzy, and didn't oxidize so drastically. I think the formula needs a bit of work. I'd totally be down to try out a more luminous, dewy finish should they release one in the future, but they need to get their oxidization in check.

No one wants to speak poorly of the Fenty line, but it's not a flawless line at all. Out of the 11 items I bought (almost $400 worth) there are only 3 that I like: The primer, the gloss, and the highlighter brush (even though I feel the brush is too expensive for how it actually feels, but that's a review for another time). I know you're thinking about the highlighter right now when I say I only liked 3 things, and that's because the highlighters are just glitter. Again, review for another time.