Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.5

on 12/31/2017 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation was so hyped I had to buy it. I did not get to test the shade and took a lucky guess- luckily it worked out OK for me. I am a shade 260 neutral which works well on my Asian skin tone. It blends well, oxidise to your skin tone which is good. Does not make me look too yellow or pink toned, which many foundations do. However, although many say this is a heavy coverage and very drying I did not find that. But my skin is quite oily. It is a medium to thick coverage but there are definitely many other foundations out there in thicker consistency/coverage such as MAC, Huda Beauty and Doublewear. The shade range is good. I don't think I will buy it again however- it is a good foundation but does not have anything unique/significant about it that other brands cannot do for me. If you want to try a new brand with a good shade range however, then I recommend it.

on 12/26/2017 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was super impressed by this foundation, it looked natural and lasted all day. I love a matte finish, but with dry skin it can be almost impossible to find one that doesn’t cling to dry patches. I would definitely purchase the full size of this one!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My first high-end foundation! Loved it in the beginning because of the finish it gave: soft-matte that does not look cakey or fake — almost like your skin but better. The problem only arose when i looked at my skin under a bright studio light. I realized that parts of my cheek area had oxidised and it looked like i didn’t blend my foundation properly. Initially, i thought it was through my own faults that it oxidised in that manner. However, even after trying to moisturise and take my time to properly blend in the foundation, the same problem still occurred. That’s when i realised that this foundation clings onto my dry patches and oxidises.

It’s a real bummer that it happened! If you have dry patches, i would say to avoid this! It’ll definitely be your holy grail if you have oily skin — especially with its longevity and how it does not transfer. Additionally, it’s great for people with sensitive skin because it did not break me out, aggravate my skin or cause clogged pores.

on 12/22/2017 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Before applying this foundation, I made sure to shake it very well, and I also followed someone's advice of dotting most of it on the center of your face, then working it /dragging it out on the rest of your face. It wasn't cakey at all like others had said so I assume shaking the bottle and the application technique helped. I have big pores on my cheeks, and I felt like it definitely blurred out my pores, I mean you can still see them, but it's definitely minimized. I also noticed that the foundation LOOKS MOST AMAZING in pictures!! Holy crap, it was like a filter on my face! (So I guess the name is suitable for it). The color was good, it definitely oxidized a little bit. Oh and you gotta work pretty quick with it: it was liquidy but dries pretty quick! Like my face is def very matte, so make sure to moisturize the hell out of your face beforehand lol.

And you're probably wondering, if it is amazing, then why am I giving it 3 stars? Well... my face is sensitive and every foundation (Born This Way, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Kat Von D, etc) breaks me out, like they all make my face itchy too. This foundation DEFINITELY BROKE ME OUT! It was fine in the beginning and throughout the day my face started to feel itchy :( When I took it off at the end of the night, I got little zits on my face, and one on my nose (usually dont even get zits on my nose). Before applying it, I already had like 2 other zits on my face, and they were more irritated, and they got painful after wearing this foundation! My face was all red :( I'm so sad this didn't work for me, so I guess if you don't have sensitive/acne prone face, it'll be good for you. I guess I'll be going back to my Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation (the only foundation that doesn't break me out).

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Perfection! !

I love the consistency (very liquid)... coverage....and mostly how it sets to a your skin but better finish that lasts all day (I use my Becca Backlight Primer for added dimension and a slight glow)... and set the Tzpne with LM Translucent Powder.

If you prefer a glowy/dripped in dewiness look ..then this isn't for you. But if you prefer a velvet matte with lasting power...then def give this one a go.

One caveat...it does oxidise slightly upon application ...so go one shade lighter if possible (ie...310 looked perfect on my nc42 skintone upon application...but dried a little orange.....so 300 turned out to be my perfect shade..despite looking lighter to start with).

on 12/15/2017 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Definitely not for dry skin. The sales rep raved about this product. It may do well for those with dry skin but it made my dry skin look terrible. It sunk into fine lines and pores. Returned it.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the best matte foundation anywhere. It comes in the celebrated 40 shades, and true to form I can actually wear two or three of them easily. It's very pigmented, is a very matte finish (which I personally am not a fan of). But if you add a shimmery blush and highlighter, or better yet mix in some of those custom enhancer drops like from Cover Fx, it really glows! What I love best is that there are a number of shades with a golden undertone. Brown is basically orange (art smarts) so you either have a yellow brown a neutral brown or a reddish brown. Most of us medium skinned ladies need a golden undertone. In fact they are so golden in the medium shades that I can even wear what Rihanna called "neutral."

I'm Indian, and have light brown skin with a very gold vibe and 350 is my jam!

on 12/10/2017 7:38:00 AM

I had a horrible allergic reaction to this foundation! I'm not acne prone at all, I get like two-three pimples when I'm about to have my period but this foundation made me break out like crazy, I had pimples and red bumps all over my chin and forehead :( which made me so sad because I loved the color of the foundation and that my skin stayed matte all day. If the formula is tweaked, I would definitely buy again but for now i'm returning my bottle to get my money back.

on 12/6/2017 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is currently my go to foundation. I love the velvety feel and you don't need a lot of product (I use 2 pumps for medium coverage) and it does make your skin look flawless. I was hesitant at first about this product because I have very dry skin and heard that it was very drying to the skin. However, if you have dry skin and put moisturizer before the foundation as well as a primer you'll be fine, never experienced any flakiness or clumping of foundation.

PROS:
-Don't need a lot of product.
-Various tones for any individual.
-Consistency is more fluid than most foundation, and easy to apply with a sponge, giving a vary light and natural look. (don't need to use a lot of time blending in the product)
-Do not feel like you are weighed down with makeup.

CONS :
-fairly pricey..however, its pretty comparable to other foundations in Sephora.
-Need to reapply after 8 hours (starts wearing off..)
-should use a primer , due to its matte finish fine lines may appear.

on 11/28/2017 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

If you're an acne prone oily and sensitive gal like me with olive skintones you will enjoy this foundation a lot. This foundation doesnt crease on me. It doesnt settle into fine lines and on some days, i can get full 5 hours of wear without powdering. Just to emphasize, IM OILY AF. People used to tell me that the amount of oil i secreted on my T-zone alone could fry eggs (eww i know but point made). So if you're still contemplating this and you've got a similar skin type, i would highly recommend trying this foundation out.