Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.5

on 8/21/2018 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think I'm on my 3rd or 4th bottle of this foundation. I have very oily skin, occasional breakouts, and large pores. This is definitely the best mattifying foundation I've tried and it's staying power is incredible.

The thing with this foundation is you do need a good primer. I've found this to not apply as good with certain primers. Right now I'm using Murad's Oil Control Mattifier - which I always come back to as one of the best primers. I did try the Fenty Primer but I didn't like it as much as my Murad Mattifier.

With the right primer this foundation applies so smooth and your skin will look amazing and your makeup will last. BUT if you have lots of dry patches this foundation would not be for you. It does cling to dry patches and rough areas - hence needing a good primer (or moisturizer as well).

The finish is matte but it's not a flat dull matte. It's more of a satin matte finish, which is absolutely perfect.

One of the cons besides clinging to dry patches is it does oxidize a tad. My colour is just light enough that when it darkens a tad it still matches my skin so it's not an issue for me.

I've tried so many different foundations but nothing worked as well as this one for my oily skin and nothing lasts as long. The next foundation that had close to the same staying power was Smashbox 15 hour wear but it wasn't a nice satin matte finish as the Fenty Foundation.

Definitely my go-to and will continue to keep repurchasing!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Terrible foundation! I have very oily skin and although this claimed to be matte, long wearing, and full coverage it was none of those things. First of all it's very thick, too thick and is hard to get out of the pump once you finish half the bottle. It is hard to blend and feels super oily and gross on the skin. Lastly, it is not at all full coverage. After blending I looked matte for about 30 minutes and than my skin looked horrible, no coverage what so ever. It is terrible quality and not worth the price they charge for it, it wears more like a drug store foundation but with even worse wear. Certainly not up to par with Estee Lauder or other high end foundations. If you want full coverage, long wearing, oil controlling foundation try Estee Lauder Double Wear.

on 8/3/2018 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, what I absolutely adore about this foundation line is that I could actually find a perfect shade match. I actually use this foundation as a benchmark to gauge the colour match of other foundations that I want to try. Its medium coverage looks nice on my skin. I personally dont really like heavy foundations because they tend to make me look like I'm wearing a mask, so I do appreciate its natural looking finish. The pump packaging is brilliant. It makes application very easy and hygienic. I havent noticed any breakouts from using this product.

However, I don't think it suits my oily, textured skin. Find that it doesn't give me that "pro-filter" it advertises. I've found that it doesn't look good when I apply it to my forehead because of my texture. It also does break down throughout the day and transfers a bit when I blot. The pigment separates around my nose and smile line area over time. Also, layering the product to become more full coverage tends to make my skin look cakey, so I just stick to applying a thin layer.

Nonetheless, I have enjoyed my time with Fenty, but I think I'll be looking for other foundations after I'm done with this bottle.

on 8/3/2018 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This foundation by far has quickly became my no.1 top foundation (replacing my Lancôme teint idol now down to no.2)... I use shade 470 and with a deep dark neutral undertone, finding the correct shade for my oily skin that can still keep me matte all day and not feel heavy and greasy but give great coverage on my skin is absolutely genius. For years us deeper skin tone ladies have struggled to get the correct colour match that is not too red, or ashy to compliment our individual shade ranges and finally my girl Riri came through for us and hit the ball far out of the park. I strongly recommend all deep toned women of colour who have oily to combination skin to give this a go...you will be very surprised!.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Of the 10,000 various foundations I own, I can honestly say that this one has taken over the top spot for me. I'm NC44 in MAC and am wearing 350 in this one. I have never had a more suitable match, this foundation looks so nice and natural on me. It also has good staying power on me. I normally experience T-zone oiliness throughout the day and still get a little when wearing this, but nothing that's offputting. I am really impressed with this product and am glad that I purchased it.

on 7/25/2018 11:32:00 AM

I am really in love with the fenty foundation, it worked well with my oily T-zone. It is medium to full coverage, but also buildable. Drys down really quickly which means you have to blend it into your skin fast. I would highly recommend it ♡.

on 7/21/2018 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly bought this because of the hype. I have normal to dry skin, and I always moisturize before applying foundation, but this is the first foundation I have tried where I could feel it sucking my skin dry. It was really uncomfortable after a few minutes that I had to remove it. It also emphasized my pores and every little flaw on my skin. It looked flawless from a distance or in dim light, but looked dry and textured up close. Don’t think this is the foundation for me. I used it both with and without the primer and got similar results

It also gets visibly darker; I don’t know whether it’s oxidizing or drying down. All I know is that I can see a visible demarcation between the foundation and my chest.

on 6/30/2018 12:04:00 AM

I tried this foundation when it came out and I loved it. Im not much of a foundation person, but when I bought this I used it only for special occasions. A year went by and I was lighter than the shade so I went into Sephora and they let me switch my shade without a problem because I still had about 70% of product. My only problem was that it had oxidized and made me look more tan/ orange. So I went in and exchanged my shade once again to something more neutral. This time while wearing Fenty I had noticed that it was transferring very easily. I would itch my cheek and would find the foundation under my nail and the foundation scraped right off my face. Throughout the day i found that it had creased on my laugh lines and looked really weird when I wasn't smiling or laughing because the foundation was creased around my mouth. Im not sure if I can do anything to help this from happening if so- I love this formula and Fenty products and would love to continue using it if there was a solution to the transferring.

on 6/26/2018 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i did like this, but i didn't love it. i really appreciate and love the wide shade range and the nice packaging. however, i did not how difficult it was for me to blend it out (with both a sponge and a brush). plus, i found myself getting extremely oily within 3-4 hours, with a primer, powder, and setting spray, and my skin isn't even that oily. i really wish i loved it, but i will not be repurchasing.

on 6/13/2018 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

It’s a little over hyped in my opinion. The color range is great! I don’t necessarily like the formula. It’s not really matte to me.