Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

When this foundation first came out there was a lot of hype around the shade range which yes is great but my foundation doesn’t match my skin anyway. I like to go a couple of shades darker to match my fake tan so I am more bothered about the coverage and staying power on my combination skin. I have been a die hard fan of studio fix for years so was reluctant to change incase it wasn’t as good however I decided to give this foundation a go after seeing it in Sephora whilst I was on holiday and I wasn’t disappointed!

It glides onto your face like butter and blends like a dream, I have read some reviews that says it dries too quick but I haven’t had this problem. I dot 1 pump onto my face then blend with a beauty blender then apply another pump and repeat. This is medium to full coverage so some would get away with just 1 pump however I have freckles that I don’t like so apply 2 layers to make sure they are completely hidden.

The foundation lasts a good 10 hours without needing to be touched up, ( I bake with translucent powder after applying). I love the feel of this foundation it feels so silky and light on your face. I will definitely be purchasing again when it’s run out and for now anway it has replaced my beloved studio fix. Can’t wait to try some more Fenty products.

on 3/23/2019 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The formula works for my somewhat oily skin. I don't find that it oxidized on me, (I bought shade 120) and it stays matte and lasts all day with minimal touchups. Was pleasantly surprised at how long it lasted. I had a little creasing around my nose after about 9 or so hours, but nothing too noticeable. Coverage is about medium at best. It can be built up to full but I think it looks kind of cakey if you try to get fuller coverage.

Applying it was a learning curve for me. It's different than other foundations I've tried, in terms of application. Since it is VERY quick to dry, you have to apply it in small sections, otherwise it will be blotchy if you dot it all over your face like other foundations. Moisturizing and priming is a must before applying, even if you have oily skin.

Overall I love how long it lasts. So far, I haven't had any breakouts from this foundation. I don't know if it's worth the full price, but it's definitely worth trying if your skin is on the oily side.

on 3/17/2019 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to use YSL All Hours foundation & recently purchased this stuff looking for something that wouldn’t separate throughout the day & wouldn’t settle into lines (YSL was bad for this!). It definitely achieves that end! Doesn’t split, crack, stays the hell out of wrinkles & smile lines. Doesn’t transfer to anything - it dries quickly & thoroughly. The finish wasn’t too remarkable - kind of a powdery dull look, which I suppose is only to be expected of a matte foundation. It stays ALL day. I get a bit oily around my t- zone & it very slightly shines through, not enough to warrant blotting however. After work I tried to rub it around to test it’s staying power & it did not move. Definitely a long laster (I cant stress this enough, it’s easily it’s best feature). However, it’s got its downfalls. Oxidizes terribly. Buying a lighter shade would hardly help as it oxidizes about 2-3 hours into the day; and turns more orange than anything. It’s also not buildable whatsoever. I noticed it went on very light and the coverage wasn’t great, so I went to go add another layer and the previous layer came off! Left me looking a bit splotchy. It also is very drying; which could easily be overcome by using a strong moisturizer, but I won’t be changing my faithful moisturizer for this stuff. Its very hard to apply; being a quick drying foundation it will literally dry as you attempt to blend it with a beauty blender & you need to work very fast. I also got a skin reaction from it, not too sure what exactly happened but my skin became very rough & dry around my eyes & my eyelids were incredibly puffy after I took the foundation off! Eyes were also watering all day & were itchy. Cleared up after I had it off for an hour or two. To be completely honest I don’t see how there’s so much hype surrounding this foundation, it’s at best a mediocre product. The $12 drugstore brand Fit Me is a better product all around. For my skin type anyway!

on 3/14/2019 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Before I talk about the foundation I want to talk about the shades. I know Fenty has more than the average has to offer, but they have still failed to create a shade for me. I have a medium brown skin tone with a strong olive undertone, I basically look very olive but I can’t manage to find a shade. 290 got the undertone right, 300, 320 & 340 are peachy so they don’t match, 310 is a little too neutral and 330 is dark enough but is very orange, 345 fits the perimeter of my face best but it’s more red than olive, yet it claims olive. So I bought 290&345 and I mix them. But I don’t like how they pride themselves when they fail in the olive category.

So about the foundation- love the texture, not drying (if you use a non matte primer), blues pores, covers enough of my acne, covers redness, doesn’t really cling to peach fuzz.

But it doesn’t do much with my skin texture. Doesn’t enhance it but doesn’t help it either. It also dries as I apply it and it’s too quick for me and I have trouble working in sections I don’t like that at all.

I don’t know if I would buy it again but it is a great product

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm very disappointed in this foundation mainly because it is soooo hyped and I honestly don't get why. It separates on my skin as the oils start coming through and makes my skin look very dull. The silicone content is off the charts, which accounts for my breakouts. No matter how I apply this I can't seem to make it work for my oily skin. To me it's not worth the raving reviews as there are many cheaper drugstore foundations that work better for oily skin.

on 2/28/2019 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I received two samples of this as I tried to decide if I should keep the Too Faced Peach Perfect foundation I bought. I wore the Fenty for a couple of days and at first was impressed, but I did notice that it started to break up around my chin and nose close to the end of my workday. I gave it another shot today, and at first thought I would return the Too Faced foundation, but after blotting and lightly powdering my T-zone around noon, I noticed it was separating on my forehead. I took a closer look and when I touched it, all the foundation came off on my fingers, leaving a streaky mess! My longtime foundation love is ED Double Wear, but I was finding it a bit heavy, so wanted to try something else. The Sephora clerk recommended Fenty for my oily skin. I gave it a chance, but I won't be purchasing it as it just didn't have the staying power I wanted. I wear 1N2 Ecru in EDDW, Snow in Too Faced Peach and the 120 in the Fenty was the best colour because it did darken after I applied it.

If i did a lot of prep work - moisturise, mask and all, the foundation will go on nicely. If not, it can get cakey especially on the cheeks where its a little drier. Coverage is medium but that’s ok for me as I don’t typically go for full coverage foundations. It does dry pretty quickly into a matte finish and I mix it into my Estée Lauder doublewear stay in place foundation so its not so dry. It’s not a foundation that I would repurchase even though the packaging is beautiful.

on 2/11/2019 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For the last 3-4 years, my go-to has been the L'Oreal Pro-Matte in 104 (because I always got hella compliments) but I needed a change of foundation when my face was MUCH more tan than the rest of my body. So here's to experimenting with new foundations!

I'm not much of a high-end foundation girl, but I like this a lot (for several reasons):

- It dries pretty quickly and doesn't transfer - "soft matte" is the perfect way of describing the finish. The formulation doesn't make it separate or stay tacky (ew) throughout the day. I have no patience for makeup that sticks and transfers to shirt collars, male friends' suit jackets, and other people.
- It's in that weird pricing sweet spot of $34 -- not quite low-end $20 Sephora but also not WTH upper-tier $42-60.
- The pump doesn't dispense too much product per pump, so you can either dial back or dial up the amount you need. I just need 1.5 pumps for my face and neck, applied with a damp sponge. I mix this with my Becca Champagne Pop liquid highlighter and yes, it is poppin'.
- IT TOOK ME 2 TRIES, but I found my shade match! Initially I ordered 190 through the online shade finder, got an associate in-person to match and she said 185 would be perfect, but my color is actually 150 after watching it dry down. All the reviews saying this product oxidizes to a darker shade are CORRECT. If you're curious about this foundation, swatch a thin layer on your hand and let it dry to its true shade to make your choice.

I am a thirsty-skinned fair-light complected Asian, if you're curious. I ALWAYS apply moisturizer before foundation, which is how I avoid dry spots -- and because I apply a thin layer of foundation, I don't get the "it settles into lines" issue. At the end of the day, I do get a tad shinier than with my Pro-Matte but it's not a terrible con. Otherwise, it performs awesomely: It looks natural and not "beauty guru" Instaglammy. Light-medium coverage. I can wear this to the office (which I do, by the way) and on a night out.

It's solid.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this because I love Rihanna, and not because I needed one more foundation. I found my HG in Nars sheer glow, but I wanted to see if pro filtr lived up to the hype. I bought it with the primer (which I friggin love!) in the shade 120, because I'd heard that this product oxidizes like a motha. It's a great match for my NW15 skin. I find powdering to set this is unnecessary, and I end up a bit cakey at the end of the day if I do. Plays well with my urban decay all nighter spray, and other products layer extremely well over it, meaning the fdn doesn't lift up or move around when I'm applying and blending. I get best application using a damp beauty sponge, brush application left me a streaky mess, but your experience may be different. I look pretty flawless throughout my 10 hour days and this baby can handle a sweaty 4 hour dance session like a champ! The only con to this product that I've found is that it's a bit dry for my skin type, so it settles and creases in the very few wrinkles I have. I solved that with a few drops of facial oil mixed together before I apply, but since I have to do that this gets 4 lippies instead of 5. Overall I dig this fdn and would repurchase. Eagerly awaiting the release of her new concealers!!

I received this foundation for free (benefit of working in the beauty industry)- I wouldn’t purchase it myself because foundations with talc always break me out.
I have the shade 130- if you have fair skin with strong yellow undertones this shade is for you. It’s very hard to find very, very yellow foundation shades so props to the brand for the shade range!!! The only this saturated color I’ve ever found is Sisley Phyto Teint Expert in 0 Porcelain.

Anyway, I decided to give this foundation a try.
Shade: it’s a bit too dark for me but since the undertone is right it blends nicely with my skin.
It doesn’t oxidize on me, maybe slightly but no more than half a shade.
Finish: I have combo skin, usually prefer satin matte foundations so it’s up my alley. Doesn’t make my skin shiny and keeps oils at bay.
Coverage: is just right, I’d say solid medium. I use the smallest amount because I have pretty good skin. One pump is more than enough.

I’ve been carefully using this foundation only from time to time- never for several days in a row, since I don’t want it to clog my pores. So far so good!