Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

Cette fondation me donne une finition impeccable. Très facilement assemblable pour donner une couverture désirée. Avec une couche seul, il est une couverture complète . La plage de l'ombre est absolument phénoménale, je serais très surpris si vous ne trouvez pas une nuance pour correspondre à votre couleur de peau.je le Recommande fortement

I like the transparency of naming the undertones when choosing shades as well as the availability of yellow shades, but that’s about it. I did a 48 hr wear test without primer and I couldn’t get this to work for me.

1) I have combo/oily skin with texture and this accentuated the heck out of my pores. Like oh my god made ‘em look like craters! Would definitely need a primer with this.
2) It dries down to a soft matte but this quickly becomes shiny within 3-5 hours (in Hawaii with humid, sunny 85F weather).
3) I can’t stand foundations that change shade. Now this may not “oxidize” into a terrible orange like some foundations, but it does get darker as it dries further down. The Sephora rep who helped me color-match recommended I get a shade lighter than what I see in the bottle or swatched. No thank you! I don’t want to be playing color guessing games.

So I was walking around Sephora just browsing when I asked the sales lady to help me pick out my color from Fenty Beauty (btw I never considered this product coz I hate rihanna). Once the lady finished blending out the foundation she asked me to look in the mirror and we both said WOW! at the same time. Everyone looked at me and stared coz IT WAS FLAWLESS!!!! I cannot emphasize enough how well it blended with my skin without primer or setting powder!! AND IT LASTED HOURS!!

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews but I guess different ppl have different skin right. Btw I'm oily combination.

NONE of the other higher end foundations had such amazing finish. Not Bobbi brown, not Estee Lauder, not shu uemura. NONE OF THEM. I'm sooooo happy coz this was just a chance encounter coz I was bored. Definitely will repurchase.

although it has beautiful packaging, i was so let down by the product. i was expecting big things but on my combination skin, it clinged to dry patches i didn’t even know i had! had next to no coverage either.

also, it started creasing in my smile lines about ten minutes after application. prior to applying, i had exfoliated, moisturised and primed with porefessional!

so disappointed:(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was given a sample by a friend who was cautioned to go a shade or two lighter and cooler because of oxidation issues. With her warmer-neutral medium tone, I can't conceive of her wearing something as light as she was given. 107 Cool is not what I would've chose for myself either (being fair olive with golden undertones) but it melded with my skin and didn't have too much of a pink or porcelain mask effect as the day went on. It is a bit grabby and has to be well blended with a sponge (reg flat foundation brush doesn't cut it.) But, it wears very well. I've gotten accustomed to light coverage with my skin mostly behaving (thanks to the Ordinary!), but for medium coverage, it's pretty good! I'm a fan of old-school original formula Double Wear, and its long as I continued drugstore counterpart- Almay Amazing Lasting Makeup- so nothing ever seems to touch those in endurance, but this is a decent foundation and worth a try- especially for the gorgeous shade range!

on 9/3/2018 10:24:00 AM

The Soft Matte Longwear Foundation is actually available in 40 different shades! 40! That really gives you a lot of options! I personally use the Neutral 320 foundation which gives my skin an instant, shine-free coverage. The foundation is so light and the texture is so fine that once I have tried it, I immediately knew it was the perfect match. I would definitely recommend the foundation as it does not clog your pores, which is really important for the health of your skin and you can purchase it for only $34!

Check out my full Fenty Cosmetics review at https://fashionpotluck.com/product-reviews/review-of-fenty-beauty-by-rihanna

on 8/21/2018 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think I'm on my 3rd or 4th bottle of this foundation. I have very oily skin, occasional breakouts, and large pores. This is definitely the best mattifying foundation I've tried and it's staying power is incredible.

The thing with this foundation is you do need a good primer. I've found this to not apply as good with certain primers. Right now I'm using Murad's Oil Control Mattifier - which I always come back to as one of the best primers. I did try the Fenty Primer but I didn't like it as much as my Murad Mattifier.

With the right primer this foundation applies so smooth and your skin will look amazing and your makeup will last. BUT if you have lots of dry patches this foundation would not be for you. It does cling to dry patches and rough areas - hence needing a good primer (or moisturizer as well).

The finish is matte but it's not a flat dull matte. It's more of a satin matte finish, which is absolutely perfect.

One of the cons besides clinging to dry patches is it does oxidize a tad. My colour is just light enough that when it darkens a tad it still matches my skin so it's not an issue for me.

I've tried so many different foundations but nothing worked as well as this one for my oily skin and nothing lasts as long. The next foundation that had close to the same staying power was Smashbox 15 hour wear but it wasn't a nice satin matte finish as the Fenty Foundation.

Definitely my go-to and will continue to keep repurchasing!

on 8/17/2018 11:57:00 AM

I never in my life (i am 30 yo) have had acne, and I have always had very healthy skin but after using this foundation I started suffering from acne, I stopped completely and it has being more than 4 months of treatments and still I haven't being able to heal my skin. I really regret buying this foundation. One day I was in Sephora and talked with one of the makeup artists about this and she told me that a few clients have had the same problems with this foundation.

on 8/16/2018 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was able to get a sample of this from Sephora - shade 180. Darker shade than I thought I'd have to wear, but it actually was spot on for my skin. I'm light very warm yellow, so I give lippies for a good shade match.

However, right after application (damp sponge over my Primerizer) - I didn't like how this looked on my skin. I had dry patches popping up (in some of my regular spots) that do not do this with much cheaper, matte foundations (catrice). So this was starting off on a bad wrong foot. Then, it got worse after I put setting powder on top (a dusting). I set with Catrice spray - and I just didn't like the look of this on my face. It seemed to emphasize my pores, and it looked very powdery/cakey. If I don't like something right off the bat, then I won't wear it again. I wore CG Elixir foundation (cheap) yesterday mixed with my HG Catrice HD foundation and that looked 10 x better than this on my skin. I can tell when something blurs my pores vs. not. This stuff doesn't. For the price tag, I will not purchase. Very happy I can try samples of these sorts of higher $$$ foundations.

I also noticed that by 1.5 hours later after application, my oils were coming through on my nose already. So for a matte foundation (even with my normal primer) this somehow made my oils kick in too fast.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Terrible foundation! I have very oily skin and although this claimed to be matte, long wearing, and full coverage it was none of those things. First of all it's very thick, too thick and is hard to get out of the pump once you finish half the bottle. It is hard to blend and feels super oily and gross on the skin. Lastly, it is not at all full coverage. After blending I looked matte for about 30 minutes and than my skin looked horrible, no coverage what so ever. It is terrible quality and not worth the price they charge for it, it wears more like a drug store foundation but with even worse wear. Certainly not up to par with Estee Lauder or other high end foundations. If you want full coverage, long wearing, oil controlling foundation try Estee Lauder Double Wear.