Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.6

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation oxidizes like a B! It also has really weird undertones. Not a fan

on 11/29/2018 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am already on my 2nd bottle now and this is finishing soon! I did not have high expectations but it works for me! The formula is great, very runny which I love as it means it is not those thick formula foundation which I typically will need more effort to blend out. But having said that, it is a definitely buildable to a full coverage so it works for me on all occasions.

My color is 200, although I think 210 would match me better but it is ALWAYS out of stock at the Sephora near me!

Price is very reasonable compared to the other brands in Sephora.

My go-to foundation everyday. I use it with a damp beauty blender and application is so smooth.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Terrible foundation! I have very oily skin and although this claimed to be matte, long wearing, and full coverage it was none of those things. First of all it's very thick, too thick and is hard to get out of the pump once you finish half the bottle. It is hard to blend and feels super oily and gross on the skin. Lastly, it is not at all full coverage. After blending I looked matte for about 30 minutes and than my skin looked horrible, no coverage what so ever. It is terrible quality and not worth the price they charge for it, it wears more like a drug store foundation but with even worse wear. Certainly not up to par with Estee Lauder or other high end foundations. If you want full coverage, long wearing, oil controlling foundation try Estee Lauder Double Wear.

on 7/10/2018 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

9/20/2018:
I decided to come back and revise my review for this foundation after recent trial and error.

If you are tanner than NC10 and like this foundation - try to see if Catrice HD Liquid Coverage has your shade. That foundation has hands down the most beautiful formula I've ever used on my oily skin. It's not as matte as my beloved Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse (you'll never find anything as matte IME), but the formula is the trade off. I fell in love with the Catrice but was disappointed by the palest shade being too dark. So I googled the ingredient list for a dupe and.......... Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation is very close. Fenty has much better shade options. I thought it was weird I loved the Catrice but hated the Fenty so i went into Sephora to give it another shot. Shade 100 is a dead on match for my <NC10 skin. But it seeps into every imperfection. 120 however....is just like the Catrice (great formula). So this just tells me that the titanium dioxide they have to add a ton of to the palest shades in order to whiten them, is what ruined the foundation. Ugh.

I'm now compromising by mixing my bottle of shade 100 into the Catrice. I prefer the Catrice...just hate their shade range. On the flip side if they made one as pale as the Fenty it'd probably be ruined by the titanium dioxide amount too. Ugh.

Ingredient comparison...

Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation: Water, Dimethicone, Talc, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polypropylene, Isododecane, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Glycerin, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Methicone, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum/Fragrance, Silica, Biosaccharide Gum-4, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Paullinia Cupana Seed Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499).

Catrice HD Liquid Foundation: Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Talc, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polypropylene, Isododecane, Cetyl PEG / PPG-10 / 1 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, HDI / Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Glycerin, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

---------------

Original review:

While I appreciate Fenty Beauty's broad option of shades to choose from, this foundation did not work for me. I am very oily, acne-prone, and have crater pores. All my conditions are managed by skincare most of the time. But a proper foundation is still key.

I found this foundation to be cakey. Even worse, it sank into every imperfection on my face. The pores around my nose became emphasized. It was disgusting and powder-y.

I will not repurchase.

on 6/6/2018 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation I have very oily skin if I don’t powder properly I will still get oily and crease with foundation the packaging is so nice and it has very good coverage and is buildable I do suggest picking a shade or two lighter than ur actual shade cause it does oxidize abit

on 6/1/2018 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was honestly so excited to use this! However, I'm not really impressed with this product. You have to put good moisturizer and/or primer to make this look natural. If not, it looks cakey. I don't find this to be full coverage at all. It is buildable, but I don't find it lightweight. I'm also oily. My nose and my t zone gets oily so the foundation starts rubbing off. I think it's good as a light-medium foundation. However, I don't think I will be repurchasing this product.

on 4/26/2018 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So I am in love with this product. It took me a few tries to get the right foundation color because at Sephora they don't always have a large variety available to test. I was first matched with 370, then 410 and I decided that 420 was my perfect match. The foundation is flawless and I love the skin like finish, only thing is that its not really long wear you would have to touch up by the end of the day. So I will keep this solely for going out wear or maybe purchase the blotting paper. But this is definitely worth purchasing.

on 3/10/2018 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Before buying this foundation I watched plenty of reviews on youtube and seeking out other swatches, and I was expecting to try out 420 and 430. I let the sales person use the shade matching machine on me just because she already had it out and it said 450. When I tried it it was dull and the red undertone was way too different from my face. I’m glad the store was packed and she got distracted because otherwise she probably would have tried to sell it to me. So, huge side-eye at that machine and I will never even waste the few seconds letting someone do that again.

I like how this foundation matches my skin and coverage is build able. It does get annoying to me how quickly you have to blend before it dries and when using a brush I have to clean it often or the application will be streaky. I always use a matte primer with my other foundations but with this one it is just feels way too dry, so I prefer to just use it without one for now. Maybe in the future I will try the Fenty one. I set this foundation with loose powder and then use setting spray and I have not experienced much transferring and I can get all day wear. I may have to blot once or twice depending on how hot it is or if I use less powder. I will repurchase.

(Reviews are mixed so I would suggest taking advantage of getting a sample if you can)

on 1/9/2018 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is very good. I have used it for like 8 days. It does not fail. My skin feels after cleansing meaning that make up does not hurt skin. Pretty colors. Photogenic. Valuable pump. Nice design. Good odor. Smells like pineapple and papaya in a jar. Very valuable. Almost returned it in hopes that the Sephora helper gave me the wrong color being so I decided to keep it.

on 11/4/2017 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is a flawless foundation. I have used it several times since its release and 430 is my perfect shade. I am NW45 in MAC for reference. I use this with my beauty blender and it has a light flowery scent that does not really go away even thought it isn’t heavy. I started with a light layer then went in with another layer because listen, I am not here for the light look, if I am going to put on makeup I want to look made up. The second layer was perfection, oh! Then I drew the angel on my face in concealer (Estée Lauder double wear in 5N) and powdered with Too Faced Born This Way loose powder. Love that foundation look when you powder! I am oily as hell so I baked my nose with it and my foundation lasted through my date which was outside in a park. I didn’t have to touch anything up. Removal is very easy with an oil cleanser. This will certainly be in my foundation arsenal for years to come. I support RiRi and the inclusivity of this line. Will certainly repurchase again and again.