Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

on 9/21/2017 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have two main issues when looking for a foundation, color match and mattefying capabilities, as I have extremely oily skin. This foundation covers both those problem areas for me and for that alone this foundation is a winner in my book. If you have yellow toned or olive skin give this foundation a try. Coverage isn't full, I'd say this is a medium coverage foundation, however with two layers I get good coverage that's enough for me. I know that when my (acne prone) skin was bad, this wouldn't have cut it for me, now that my skin is better it's enough, but it's something to keep in mind if you have moderate to severe acne. What's really won me over is how much less I have to blot when wearing this, its significantly less, and when I do my makeup looks fresh again. This isn't a full 5 stars from me because there are better (actual) full coverage foundations out there, but this foundation works for my skin and tone which is rare and it's worth trying it out.

on 9/21/2017 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Was so hesitant to purchase this based on all negative reviews on here.. but I'm so glad I ignored them!

Purchased this foundation in shade 200, at first i thought it was too light on my skin but it takes a few minutes to fully dry and it went slightly darker, which was perfect for me.. (keep this in mind when buying!) My skin is slightly oily and prone to few breakouts.

It glides on nicely, using a real techniques expert face brush and the coverage is medium/full. I usually use Estee Lauder Double Wear so I had high expectations when buying this foundation; I can honestly say I don't think I'll go back to Double Wear, as by the end of the day the foundation felt slightly heavy but with Pro Filt'r it didn't feel as though I had anything on my skin! It stayed put all day and covered all my blemishes and dark circles. I primed with Charlotte Tilbury wonder glow primer & set the foundation with Laura Mercier translucent powder and it stayed flawless all day.

The foundation also has a subtle smell to it which I love (although I know others hate it)!

100% going to go and stock up on this in case it sells out anytime soon. Thank you RiRi!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm pleased with the overall Fenty makeup line. I like that the company includes colors for deepest of complexions. While other companies have done this in the past, sometimes it wasn't well done. However, thumbs up to the Estee Lauder family and Lancome for paying attention to the diversity of warm, cool and olive undertones for deeper complexions.

With that said, let's go into the Fenty line! There's a good amount of product for the price point ($34) of higher-end product sold at Sephora's. Also, while the product line pulls more warm than any other undertone, they include complexions with olive undertones. I purchased 360 which is described as tan to deep with olive undertones. Many people said on youtube that this product oxidizes. However, I didn't experience an orange casting since my color had olive undertones. I noticed the foundation became darker about 15 minutes later when fully settled or meshed with my skin. There may be a need to go a shade lighter than the suggested color, but keep the your undertone in mind. It would be best to go to the store and match your self (swatch, go outside for while, see how it looks fully dried and then decide). Try to get a sample before purchasing.

I found the product definitely matte, yet sheer, as my blemishes showed though the foundation. It's not like Estee Lauder's Stay in Place makeup which is my holy grail (Bronze-5W1). Fenty is good if you prefer lighter coverage. I used a damp sponge, so the look was sheer. It also starts to dry quickly so start applying quickly. I think this makeup works best on oily, even toned skin it may look drying or patchy on normal to dry skin.

Overall I was pleased with the texture for me and color match. I think the real test will be a full work-day, so I may have an update to share.