Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

on 5/21/2018 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

the hell is this crappy foundation?? it cakes up so fast a slides off my face so fast, and lemme tell you it doesn't happen to me even w my cheaper drugstore foundations, this is nightmare, stay away from it

on 5/21/2018 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is very good quality for what its worth. The primer that goes with it though doesn't make it better for oily skin.
The main problem with this product is the findings of the shade range, which in a way is great but since the oils change up the foundation a little that would mean, just like what happened to me, where they said I was a 400 when it was too dark for my yellow undertones says a lot. So in my opinion I'm either a 399 or 410 to match with my undertones so I don't look like another color throughout the day.
Love the fact it has a pump though.

on 5/12/2018 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

In my opinion, it's an okay foundation. It's pretty lightweight on the skin. My main issue with this lies on the fact that the product creases along my laugh lines. Also, it doesn't do a very good job with keeping the oil at bay on my forehead area. Also, the color is quite hard to predict cos it really does dry down/oxidize to a darker shade after a few hours. Will definitely not repurchase this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this stuff. It works well on my oily skin especially in the humid weather. Lasts all day on my skin and it’s not drying!

on 4/25/2018 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I wear this almost every single day!! When I don't wear it, I wish I had. I'm sorry the other ladies who gave bad reviews didn't have the same experience. Each person's skin chemistry is different... This foundation looks amazing on me and makes me feel so beautiful. I'm combo-oily and find the thin, very pigmented, quick drying, liquid formula works much better with my skin than others have. You may have to blot if you're oil slick oily (like I used to be in my 20's and 30's), but once you do, you see the makeup hasn't moved.

APPLICATION IS KEY! You need to find the right application tool, moisturize well, and work in sections using the foundation sparingly, starting from where you need the most coverage. Any makeup artist will give you the same advice, and it will make all the difference with any foundation you use. Other foundations may glide on easier, but they may not last as long, stay true to color or stay matte...

When I first tried this (a deluxe sized sample), with the Fenty foundation brush, I hated both. It looked blotchy and dried too quick. The color (420) was also too light and neutral toned for me. I wore it for a 1/2 a day and was unimpressed. I decided to try it again after wanting more matte results for hot Houston summers, and more coverage than my fave Clinique Even Better (Amber) provides. I returned the foundation brush and got #430, then tried again. Rather than dotting it all over, I mixed 1 pump of 420 and 1 pump of 430 on the back of my hand, then dotted it on my chin and jawline, where I have the most hyperpigmentation, then blended out with my beauty blender. It looked great - a SPOT ON match!! I added more to my cheeks, then used the excess on my forehead, etc. and added a tiny bit more where needed. The application was smooth, even, matte but not too matte and gorgeous. I got lots of compliments!

I have lots of texture and scars on my skin from years of adult acne and although this doesn't work miracles there, it makes my skin look youthful, radiant, smooth, and even. I find it's full coverage on me, but I'm not a full coverage fan (it always looks cakey on me and accentuates pores) so maybe it's medium-full. It covers everything I need it to and the color makes me feel like "me." I finally found a foundation that doesn't mute my brown skin or dull the warm golden undertone.

I'm so grateful for this Fenty foundation as woman of color with very deep skin and very warm undertone as well as cool and neutral!! I have literally tried every foundation high end and drugstore and can never find a color match, even when mixing, and the color fades over time under my oils or breaks me out. This color range is such a blessing and contrary to reviews, it does not oxidize, it dries down to true color. Just like when paint dries, it's a slightly lighter/darker color... oxidation means the color changes due to exposure with your unique skin chemistry and oils or even sunscreen mixing with the foundation. That doesn't happen here. Once it dries, the color stays true, all day, all night. I moisturize and add sunscreen before applying and have no issues with it feeling heavy or greasy.

I have no cons! My pros are:
*Good price point for over an oz.
*AMAZING color range for WOC
*Easy to use pump and easy to hold tall bottle
*True color that doesn't oxidize
*Somewhat build-able coverage (too much can look cakey)
*Doesn't need setting powder
*Behaves well with sunscreen, serums, primers, moisturizers, etc
*Matte but not too matte; still looks like skin
*No strong fragrance/scent
*Doesn't transfer easily and get on collars/clothes

This coupled with the Invisimatte blotting powder for touch ups is heaven!! (I only need to blot in the summer; my skin looks great all day with this in spring/fall/winter).

on 4/10/2018 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this cos everyone was raving about it - so disappointed! Awful texture that gives hardly any coverage. Highlights all the hair on my face. Found it streaky and awkward to spread on skin. Confused as to why people recommended it.

on 4/1/2018 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to love this so much because the color match was so great, but within an hour the foundation had started to separate on my chin and nose. I shook it well. I tried two different primers. Nothing worked. I guess my skin is just too oily.

on 4/1/2018 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I got this foundation in the shade 320 (which was the correct shade) about four months ago. I used it numerous times for parties and events and never got tired of it. I have pretty oily skin and no matter what foundation I used, I would still end up oily. This foundation does suit my skin type, but near the end of the day it went back to oily. It's not a big problem though, but for the price I would not buy again. Overall, a really great product and I believe it is worth trying out.

on 3/31/2018 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

After going to Sephora and buying different shades and never getting it right, I finally landed on shade 430. This foundation is in my top 3 though lately I've been leaning more toward dewy finsh foundation...just makes the skin look healthier with less attention to imperfections. Anyway, this foundation is an excellent matte finish and full coverage. It dries fast so I typically blend in sections. really i'm buffing as the foundations tends to dry so fast that it becomes streaky. But it is a very good foundation. It is long wearing though it doesn't clam that. This one i'm wearing to work and 10 hour days and it holds up. I did purchase the blotting powder though to touch up during the day which works really well. I would say, if you are going to get this foundation, you should also invest in the primer which feels very moisturizing. This helps with offsetting the dryness of the foundation and it is very dry. I am combination to oily skin and I believe this foundation was made for us oily girls. If you have dry skin, there is nothing hydrating about this foundation. Anyway, this is worth the money.

on 3/13/2018 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I like this product, but what I want when I spend $34 for a bottle (and after all the hype) is to love the product. I like the coverage of this foundation as well as the subtle scent, packaging and immediate finish however what I've noticed (after wearing maybe 4-5 times per month for 6 months) is that after a few hours the finish no longer looks matte. Could be due to my oily skin but my skin but I don't look as "pro filtered" as I did when I first put it on. While I know it's expected to have to touch up make-up throughout the day, this seems like it goes beyond a little blot here and there, I'm actually compelled to take it off and re-apply complete. It's also almost as it oxidizes to a different shade throughout the day. An extremelyyyyyyy slight change in shade, but still makes a difference when you, the person, wearing it can tell and have spent your money to look flawless all day, not just the first 45 minutes that it's applied. I like the product, I want to love it though.