Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

on 2/28/2019 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I received two samples of this as I tried to decide if I should keep the Too Faced Peach Perfect foundation I bought. I wore the Fenty for a couple of days and at first was impressed, but I did notice that it started to break up around my chin and nose close to the end of my workday. I gave it another shot today, and at first thought I would return the Too Faced foundation, but after blotting and lightly powdering my T-zone around noon, I noticed it was separating on my forehead. I took a closer look and when I touched it, all the foundation came off on my fingers, leaving a streaky mess! My longtime foundation love is ED Double Wear, but I was finding it a bit heavy, so wanted to try something else. The Sephora clerk recommended Fenty for my oily skin. I gave it a chance, but I won't be purchasing it as it just didn't have the staying power I wanted. I wear 1N2 Ecru in EDDW, Snow in Too Faced Peach and the 120 in the Fenty was the best colour because it did darken after I applied it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The only plus about this product line is their vast color range.
Other than that, it was awful.
I have very oily, acne prone, sensitive skin GGG.
This did not hold up by the 4th hour, was not long wearing. It also broke me out by the next day.
Also, it is expensive for the poor quality.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got 2 samples of this even though I already found an awesome liquid foundation called Photo Focus by Wetnwild - anyway, I wanted to give this hyped foundation a try. My color is 130 which is extremely yellow but the actual color blends out to a beautiful neutral shade that matched me perfectly. From 2 ft away, it looks like I'm not wearing anything. The formula though, to me is terrible. It doesn't blend, it rubs off and the smell bothers me. Even though the shade was perfect, when up close, you can see the makeup because it just won't melt into skin. It waters my eyes and gave me a rash on the sides of my nose in addition to everything else. Even when my oils blended in with the foundation, it still looked terrible. The wetnwild foundation (although I haven't found my perfect shade) won't rub off, doesn't transfer, blends in seconds and has no fragrance. Bottom line is I'm glad I got a sample of this so now I know I won't be buying it. Reference: I tried this with and without primer and had the same effect. I wore Paula's Choice Resist SPF 30 zinc sunscreen and Hourglass mineral veil primer and various other primers and it still would not work or blend.

on 12/25/2018 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this alot...this is the only true full coverage liquid foundation I own because I hate heavy foundation lol, but I don't hate this. I'm 49 yo, and even though I'm still very oily, I don't gravitate towards a full matte base. This product is just really really good, and when I add a drop off jojoba oil to half a pump, I get a perfect, flawless look. There's a great color range, and neutral 150 is perfect for my N20/25 skintone. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this foundation when it first came out and loved seeing the variety of colors and undertones offered in this collection. However, I know many people had difficulty finding their shade because of this. I first looked on the website to see what was being offered and tried comparing it to foundations I currently have, mainly the MAC studio fix and Prolongwear foundation which is an exact match to my skintone. I went into Sephora with a few options to see what would match and also had one of the staff members at Sephora match me. Based on that I started off with a sample and wore it for a few days to see if I liked it and bought the full size.

pros:
- If you're oily like me, this is definitely a matte foundation. I read some reviews and watched various YouTube videos that mentioned this foundation is semi-matte. Don't listen to them, it's definitely matte and perfect for all the oily gals out there!
- The lasting power of this foundation is wonderful. Typically I reach for this foundation for special occasions such as weddings because of the finish and lasting power.
- There's a pump and a lid for the pump! You don't need more than one pump of foundation for your entire face.I also like that the packaging has a lid for the pump because I've purchased other foundations with a pump (and no lid) and have had accidents with them especially during travelling.

cons:
- Not a fan of the frosted container. This makes it a bit difficult to see how much product you've used/how much product is left.
- Can look cakey if you apply too much or don't blend properly. I personally use my Real Techniques Complexion sponge to blend evenly. I also add a few drops of my Farsali Rose Gold Elixir to my sponge prior to blending to ensure that my face does not look to cakey. Even though I'm oily, I still manage to stay matte using a combination of this foundation and a few drops of the Farsali Rose Gold Elixir.
- Quite thick for an everyday foundation. I mainly keep this foundation for special events.
- Clings to dry patches on skin. Make sure your skin is hydrated and moisturized prior to using this foundation otherwise it can look patchy in some areas.
- Dries very quickly if it's not blended right away.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was given a sample by a friend who was cautioned to go a shade or two lighter and cooler because of oxidation issues. With her warmer-neutral medium tone, I can't conceive of her wearing something as light as she was given. 107 Cool is not what I would've chose for myself either (being fair olive with golden undertones) but it melded with my skin and didn't have too much of a pink or porcelain mask effect as the day went on. It is a bit grabby and has to be well blended with a sponge (reg flat foundation brush doesn't cut it.) But, it wears very well. I've gotten accustomed to light coverage with my skin mostly behaving (thanks to the Ordinary!), but for medium coverage, it's pretty good! I'm a fan of old-school original formula Double Wear, and its long as I continued drugstore counterpart- Almay Amazing Lasting Makeup- so nothing ever seems to touch those in endurance, but this is a decent foundation and worth a try- especially for the gorgeous shade range!

on 8/3/2018 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, what I absolutely adore about this foundation line is that I could actually find a perfect shade match. I actually use this foundation as a benchmark to gauge the colour match of other foundations that I want to try. Its medium coverage looks nice on my skin. I personally dont really like heavy foundations because they tend to make me look like I'm wearing a mask, so I do appreciate its natural looking finish. The pump packaging is brilliant. It makes application very easy and hygienic. I havent noticed any breakouts from using this product.

However, I don't think it suits my oily, textured skin. Find that it doesn't give me that "pro-filter" it advertises. I've found that it doesn't look good when I apply it to my forehead because of my texture. It also does break down throughout the day and transfers a bit when I blot. The pigment separates around my nose and smile line area over time. Also, layering the product to become more full coverage tends to make my skin look cakey, so I just stick to applying a thin layer.

Nonetheless, I have enjoyed my time with Fenty, but I think I'll be looking for other foundations after I'm done with this bottle.

on 8/3/2018 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This foundation by far has quickly became my no.1 top foundation (replacing my Lancôme teint idol now down to no.2)... I use shade 470 and with a deep dark neutral undertone, finding the correct shade for my oily skin that can still keep me matte all day and not feel heavy and greasy but give great coverage on my skin is absolutely genius. For years us deeper skin tone ladies have struggled to get the correct colour match that is not too red, or ashy to compliment our individual shade ranges and finally my girl Riri came through for us and hit the ball far out of the park. I strongly recommend all deep toned women of colour who have oily to combination skin to give this a go...you will be very surprised!.

on 6/26/2018 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i did like this, but i didn't love it. i really appreciate and love the wide shade range and the nice packaging. however, i did not how difficult it was for me to blend it out (with both a sponge and a brush). plus, i found myself getting extremely oily within 3-4 hours, with a primer, powder, and setting spray, and my skin isn't even that oily. i really wish i loved it, but i will not be repurchasing.

on 5/26/2018 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Been using this product for a couple of months now. Slightly skeptical at the beginning because I always thought products by celebrities will never be as good as the brands that have been in the market for a long time. However, this foundation did not disappoint.

My skin is really oily, like I have to use maybe 2 to 3 pieces of blotting paper to fully rid the oil off my face. I was using Estee Lauder's double wear foundation before this, and that foundation did control the oil. My face will still look glowy due to the oil (but not too oily). However, that product was too difficult to blend as it dries up very quickly, and sometimes my skin will look patchy especially at the nose area. I hated the packaging as well as it did not come with a pump, so I'll pour it on the back of my hand which causes it to dry up WAY TOO QUICKLY. Having changed to Fenty Beauty, this product does way better than Estee Lauder. It's easy to blend and the shade selection is better. I feel that it does make my skin appear less oily throughout the day, but could still improve. It is not tacky as well!

As a Singaporean, the weather here is insanely hot and the Fenty Beauty foundation will still allow oil to come through, just that you'll look slightly glowy as the day goes by. However, I've been receiving compliments from people saying that my skin looks really perfect and flawless. I personally use this product with Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizing gel, Rimmel wake me up concealer and Rimmel stay matte powder and finish it off with UD's setting spray. I find that this combination of products gave me the best results for oily skin.

All in all, for people with oily skin, do give it a shot as I personally feel that it is even better than Estee Lauder's double wear foundation, which has been highly raved by youtubers. Good luck!