Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

2.9

Used bobbi Brown full coverage buff brush to buff the fenty primer, this in shade 300 then hourglass veil powder, at 8pm. Went for dinner. Midnight I look in mirror I'm a different colour and so oily, coming off my nose and cheeks, I give it a little wipe and all came off. Will try again with beauty blender, Clinique translucent powder (best one I've tried) with cover fx setting spray and try again. I specifically asked the Fenty artist to not go too yellow as I hate looking yellow (why are girls obsessed with looking jaundice) and I'm so yellow. Will fake tan heavily and wear it out Saturday night.

on 5/14/2018 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Not too impressed by this foundation. I was looking for a more economical choice to the normal foundation I use, and decided to try this one since it had pretty decent reviews on Sephora.

This is a pretty thick formulation. It didn't spread very well with a dry sponge, though it might work okay with a wet beauty blender. It dries pretty fast otherwise and even though I blended very thoroughly ( I thought), it was still a little streaky and not very blended into my hairline either. I also think these colors lean a little to the warm side and I'm typically neutral so that might be a no-no for very fair or cool toned girls.

Not a big fan overall. I've found drugstore foundations like Almay that are more effective.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Got a sample from Sephora. Awful. It looked as if I had not washed my face in four days, loaded on a ton of powder foundation, and then put liquid ON TOP of the powder. I'm not joking. It's so thin, yet so cakey. It reminds me of how the wet n wild photofocus foundation looked on my skin, but worse.

This release was a joke. It had to be. It reminds me of some kind of Mary Kay cream-to-powder junk from the early 2000s. In this day and age - when BEAUTIFUL matte foundations exist - why, why, why would you make a formula like this? I really feel like they didn't put much thought into this. It doesn't have that "airbrushed" matte look. It looks like a dog took a dump on your face.

Seems like the other Fenty products are fine, but this was bad. Hopefully she comes out with more foundations.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking forward to trying this foundation , given the hype, but it fell flat for me. For reference my skin is oily to combination. I tried this as a sample in the shade 130. The shade is spot on, perfect. This is comparable to the shade Gobi from NARS. But the wear is pretty bad. Upon application, it was so difficult to blend in with a brush. It was caking into every pore and crease, and just looked heavy. It began seperating almost immediatly and just looked like a mess. Clung onto dry spots as well, even after exfloiating and moisturizing. Very drying as well. Sorry Riri. :(

on 3/24/2018 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this foundation as I’ve been forever in search of my holy grail long wear foundation, but unfortunately it just wasn’t living up to any of the hype.
I always apply with a buffing brush as it gives me the airbrush type of finish I prefer, and initially when I began applying it I noticed that I had to blend extremely quickly as it wasn’t blending properly - however on my second time applying I realised it wasn’t the case at all, this foundation just generally cannot blend as well as others I’ve tried. After what felt like a mini arm workout trying to blend it in, it still looked very patchy and sat really awfully on my skin.
My acne prone skin didn’t break out though (thankfully), however it’s only day two of wearing it.
I’m glad I only got this as a sample and didn’t buy the full sized bottle as it would’ve gone to waste.

on 3/17/2018 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this about a month ago when I ran out of foundation (Sephora Collection) because I've heard good things about it during its release. We've got to admit — finding the "perfect shade" for your skin was a good selling point. When I used it for the first time, though, I couldn't say I liked the consistency? It was very fluid, very thin. Coverage was medium, so I had to reapply it on areas where I have PIH. About a few minutes later, I felt some slight itching on some parts of my face. I ignored it and it might be the biggest mistake I've ever made this year (in terms of skincare lol). When the day was done, the foundation was clinging on to dry patches of my face and lo and behold: breakouts! I was sad because a) I liked the bottle/packaging and b) the product wasn't cheap. I didn't know if Sephora would accept returns (then) if the product's already open so, now, it's just sitting on my makeup shelf thingy. 11/10 wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product because i loveeee riri and the color selection. But this foundation was terrible! I looked cakey and it didn’t sit well on my skin!!! My Walgreens cosmetics look better than fenty.

on 2/9/2018 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin used to be very oily but now I'm as dry as the desert so I've tried this with oily skin and dry skin. With that in mind, this foundation is not suited for people with dry skin UNLESS you're willing to do the prep work. The shade 240 is my perfect match and it took me years to find that match so the prep work is worth it for me. If you're dry, you NEED to moisture really well (sometimes I'll apply my moisturizer two or three times as prep letting it soak in between applications) before using a very moisturizing primer and then I'll apply the foundation with a beauty blender.Using a mattifying primer plus this foundation is a recipe for disaster even when you're oily--trust me, I tried it. I've found this routine to work best for me--I never exfoliate right before using it either because the foundation makes my skin look really flakey, it's weird. The foundation itself is very liquidy, one pump on the back of your hand will run very quickly. Since it's liquidy it feels super lightweight on the skin but it's packed with pigment so a little goes a long way. It dries on your skin quickly and is very very buildable. I've noticed this needs a setting spray to really settle into the skin and give you that flawless finish. The staying power on this is amazing also. It lasts me 12+ hours without budging and I'm not exaggerating. I wore this to a birthday brunch at 10 am and didn't take it off until 11 pm later that night and it HAD NOT MOVED or separated, enlarged my pores, slid off, or rubbed off on accident. This is truly a super impressive foundation and I recommend it to everyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

When i first used this foundation, i absolutely loved it!! I finally found my HG product and I loved the way it looked on camera but I started noticing that i was getting these odd breakouts on my forehead, chin and cheek area - like red bumps. I haven't really been getting spots but only since I started using the foundation. I'm pretty bummed out about it as I really liked the colour and the finish but if I am going to break out as a result of it then it's not worth it at all. Rihanna and her team need to fix up the formula for this ASAP!!

on 12/31/2017 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation was so hyped I had to buy it. I did not get to test the shade and took a lucky guess- luckily it worked out OK for me. I am a shade 260 neutral which works well on my Asian skin tone. It blends well, oxidise to your skin tone which is good. Does not make me look too yellow or pink toned, which many foundations do. However, although many say this is a heavy coverage and very drying I did not find that. But my skin is quite oily. It is a medium to thick coverage but there are definitely many other foundations out there in thicker consistency/coverage such as MAC, Huda Beauty and Doublewear. The shade range is good. I don't think I will buy it again however- it is a good foundation but does not have anything unique/significant about it that other brands cannot do for me. If you want to try a new brand with a good shade range however, then I recommend it.