Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I, like everyone else was very excited about this new line of make up. It can be really hard to find a good shade for me and this line has a ton to chose from. I found my shade but sadly the foundation did not work for me. I have combo skin, leaning more towards dry with a kinda oily T zone. This foundation was way too oily for me and I didn't like the way it just kind of sat on my skin. I also felt like after a few hours it just slid off my face. It never broke me out but I only tried it for one day. Gladly I never bought the product but just took a sample to try out.

on 1/1/2018 9:49:00 PM

I have combi skin (oily at T zones and dry at the rest, especially at the inner corners of my eyes and the corners and underneath my nose). It’s also sensitive and easy to break out if the foundation is as cakey as the Kat Von D one. Also have pretty dark freckles. So usually when I look for a foundation I’d lean towards the higher coverage ones since I have the freckles AND the red spots from my dry skin to cover. Foundations with high coverage that don’t automatically break me out are usually considered a bonus, not a necessity (it’s that hard to find cos sensitive skin). This foundation is currently my HG. I have had it with me since the launch came out on Sept 17. I’ve used it in both humid and hot countries (SG) and in the cold (Japan). It works really well for both. I rarely wear makeup because I’m the kind who doesn’t wear any to work or school, only when I travel or when I go out. So when I do wear makeup, it’s usually on me for at least 8-12 hours. So to me, this is by far the BEST foundation yet (have yet to get my hands on the Huda Beauty one). To summarise: 1) Lasting power is AMAZING. Lasts super long in both hot weather (you’d probably have to blot a bit in the middle of the day if you have really oily skin as with most foundations, but nth rly major. It doesn’t even move like the KVD one. It just sort of.. fades off.) And in cold weather, it doesn’t cake up in my dry areas. With the power of the Laura Mercier LTP, the dry areas stay satin like in cold weather throughout the whole time I’m out (unless I’m having the flu and constantly need to blow my nose) 2) Colour and payoff is A+!!!! Upon getting this, you might want to try going to Sephora bare faced and trying the foundation right then and there and giving it 15 mins to settle and oxidise because it does turn a bit darker (not too much for the lighter shades like me but I heard the darker shades can take quite a turn) so for accuracy’s sake, do not I repeat DO NOT just swatch in on your arm and expect the colour to completely match your face. The coverage is high, everyone wasn’t kidding about that. A bit goes a long way if you have smooth skin with nothing much to cover. So far, I have cut down the amount of concealer I use because the coverage is so high it actually helps to cover my dark eyes as well. It is buildable as well, and does not cake up when you do. Dries down really fast to a sort of satin-like matte finish. I use a beauty blender because I feel like there is the risk of it being streaky if you don’t blend fast enough with a brush. I am in the shade 230. 3) I don’t know if it’s just me, but I feel like this makes my other powder makeup last wayyyyyy longer than they usually do. And it goes great with both thicker (shape tape) and more watery (UD Naked) concealers. So it’s really versatile in this sense for such a high coverage foundation because usually foundations with high coverage like this might not allow you to pile on the thicker concealers. You will only need powder to set the areas you put concealer on, the rest will not budge even without powder. 4) Price point, it’s really worth it. A bottle is probably going to last you for a really, really long time.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Perfection! !

I love the consistency (very liquid)... coverage....and mostly how it sets to a your skin but better finish that lasts all day (I use my Becca Backlight Primer for added dimension and a slight glow)... and set the Tzpne with LM Translucent Powder.

If you prefer a glowy/dripped in dewiness look ..then this isn't for you. But if you prefer a velvet matte with lasting power...then def give this one a go.

One caveat...it does oxidise slightly upon application ...so go one shade lighter if possible (ie...310 looked perfect on my nc42 skintone upon application...but dried a little orange.....so 300 turned out to be my perfect shade..despite looking lighter to start with).

I first purchased this foundation in Paris not long after the Fenty launch. I am a huge Rihanna fan and to be honest that was my main reason for purchasing as it was a bit of an impulse buy as I was devoted to my Too Faced - Born this way foundation. However after i was colour matched at sephora i instantley fell in love with the way this foundation made my skin look. I tend to have more normal to dry skin, as this foundation has matte finish i wasnt sure whether it would be suitable.
Firstly, the colour of this foundation is perfect for my skin and the finish is immaculate. I love that this looks like skin , i love that the fact that the coverage is not full and you can build up for those days you want more coverage.
I would recommended when wearing this foundation that you prep the shit out of your skin, a good moisturiser, primer (goes beautifully with the fenty primer) and i use with MAC strobe cream which give my skin an immaculate glow. By the end of an 8 hour work day my skin is still looking amazing and my foundation has barely moved.
This formula feels so light on my skin so is perfect for everyday use and for those nights you want to opt for a full coverage you can build up without looking like a cake.
In short, this foundation has become my go to, im a slave to natural formula that doesnt have me looking like a cake. Make up shouldnt be used to conceal who we are it should be used to enhance our beauty which i feel this product does!!!
RihNavy all the way!!!!

on 12/10/2017 7:38:00 AM

I had a horrible allergic reaction to this foundation! I'm not acne prone at all, I get like two-three pimples when I'm about to have my period but this foundation made me break out like crazy, I had pimples and red bumps all over my chin and forehead :( which made me so sad because I loved the color of the foundation and that my skin stayed matte all day. If the formula is tweaked, I would definitely buy again but for now i'm returning my bottle to get my money back.

on 12/3/2017 9:02:00 PM

Bought this, wore it for three days and started breaking out in little bumps all over my face. The next day the bumps were blisters, not pimples or comedones, but blisters. The only other time I ever had a bad reaction from a foundation was when I tried wearing LORAC's Porefection Foundation and had an allergic reaction to the chemical sunscreens in the foundation. Since that episode, I am normally VERY careful about reading the ingredients to make sure there is nothing in the mix that will cause this type of reaction, but I was so eager to try this based on the reviews that I neglected to do my homework.

Unfortunately, this is going back to Sephora for a refund. Now I just have to clean up the mess that this foundation made of my skin!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Gives the skin a dry finish and very difficult to get a proper color match.

on 11/25/2017 1:34:00 AM

I have this in shade 150 and if matches fairly well though maybe a hair too dark when it dries down. Slight oxidation but really no more than most foundations. Wear time is good with or without a primer; I found it looked good for up to 6 hours or so. Medium coverage with more of a satin than matte finish. Feels light on the skin. I've found good results applying with fingers or sponge. The packaging is functional and hygienic with a solid pump. Frosted glass bottle is pretty but I can see how this would make somone apprehensive to travel with it. It's a solid foundation. I would have liked to see some beneficial skincare ingredients but sometimes makeup is just makeup. Love the large range of shades. I would purchase it again.

on 11/19/2017 5:39:00 PM

I loved this foundation at first! The price is great, I love Rihanna, and it went on easily. All good, right?! WELL my first problem was how drying it was. It stopped going on nicely because of the dry patches it was creating on my skin- no primer or moisturizer would help. The bigger problem and the one that made me return a product for the first time ever- ACNE! I do not break out, I mean I get about a pimple a month- maybe! But this caused me to break out in small flesh colored zits and whiteheads all over my cheeks and chin area! It was so bad. Wish it had worked but something did not agree with my skin!

on 11/16/2017 11:08:00 PM

I love this foundation best coverage looks amazeballs on the face yes it oxydizes however she did say that it would because of the amount of pigment in the foundation and suggested buying a shade lighter so when it oxydizes it's now ur shade.it looks flawless on the skin ,after 8 hr of wear it's still flawless and fresh and still lasted long after on my oily skin,packaging is great it has a pump this has become one of my HG foundation.