Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

on 2/11/2018 11:45:00 AM

This has become my favourite foundation at the moment

I am in the shade 300, which is a medium shade with yellow undertones I would say.
I do think the website and swatches make the shades look a bit darker. So I was expecting more a tan shade, and although this matches me fine. I do think that some of the online descriptions are off. For reference I am 310 sun beige in maybelline and mac nc35. I think I will purchase 310 in fenty next time as I love this foundation a lot and I tan a lot so I would love a shade that will compliment me when am tan

I really do advise to shake the foundation as advised on the bottle before using. As the formula is very runny and you do want the pigment to separate.

I have a technique with this foundation. As everyone has already said, this dries hella quick. It's best to work in sections. I do one half of my face and blend, and then do the other side. I use one and a half pumps for each side. The reason being is that I like a medium-full coverage. This foundation is so easy to layer and build to get the coverage you desire as it's so buildable and non cakey. If you want a more lighter coverage then one pump on both sides would be ok.
I always use a brush and I stipple the foundation in and it literally blurs and fills my pores and covers any imperfections and pigmentation I have. I do prefer using a brush then a sponge with this foundation. As I think it gives a better finish.

So when I first ever tried this foundation. I was shook. I have large pores some texture and some redness. I have a oily T zone, but the rest of my face is dry. It's finish is really beautiful in my opinion. It's a very natrual matte finish. I get wary of matte foundations as they can make me look dull and flaky. But this literally makes my skin look smoother and re touched. It literally sinks into my skin and feels lightweight and lasts a really long time.
My favourite thing about this foundation is that it photographs beautifully.

My skin type is combo/dry. But I would reccomend this for all skin types.
I really love this, and I'm always so picky with foundation that I can't find a major flaw with it. I am going to purchase the primer as I purchased the foundation separetly. I hope I love that too.

To sum up beautiful natrual finish that looks good in any lighting and any picture. Easy to layer and build. Make up sits on top of nice of it. Powder no powder, primer no primer. This always hold up for me personally.

I was surprised I liked this so much myself. As any foundation that says matte in the title. I get nervous. This is the best matte foundation I have.

The shade range for this Fenty foundation is fantastic. I did have to sample a few shades before I settled on one shade. I found the shades do oxidize on my skin. I followed instructions from others to shake the bottle well before application and even tried applying primers on my skin before applying the Fenty foundation but it still oxidizes. Shade 320 is my perfect match. The formula is very matte. I do like to apply the foundation with the Fenty foundation brush. The formula holds up well throughout the day but the issue I have with it is that is accentuates my pores on my cheeks. By the end of the day it does not look as good on my skin like my fave foundation Estee Lauder Double Wear.

on 2/6/2018 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Finally got 420 via in store order with home delivery. I really do like this foundation. I’m ok with sheer coverage and the matte finish. Still toying with damp sponge vs brush. But definitely a formula I like.

on 2/1/2018 5:57:00 PM

First of all let me say I LOVE this foundation.
It is full coverage and actually matches my skin tone which are two biggies for me. That being said it is a little drying, I can only use it if my skin is well moisturized but aside from that the coverage really is amazing and the color is so rich.
Unfortunately I felt as though, for the price, there was not enough product so buying it regularly is kind of pushing it for me financially. When I have extra spending money I will definitely buy again

on 1/28/2018 1:19:00 PM

Ok let me start off by saying that I am a foundation junkie! I think I've tried most high end foundation brands. I purchased both the Fenty foundation and Huda foundation a couple of weeks ago and put them both to the test.

For reference I am Mac NC20 and Nars Deauville. I purchased the Fenty foundation in the shade 140. Initially I though this shade would be too light but after reading reviews I decided upon this shade (some people were saying it can oxidise a shade or two). It's an excellent match for my NC20 skin. From using this foundation for a fortnight, I can say that for me it oxides only a tiny amount. It dries down to a soft matte finish and after about 10 minutes the colour on my skin stays true all day.

It applies beautifully. I have used a beauty blender and the new Huda foundation brush. I feel that the brush provides a more flawless finish. I finish off my base with a light dusting of Laura Mercier translucent powder and I feel this sets the makeup in place for a good 6 - 8 hours. I have an oily t zone and oils start to show through after about 6 hours, but a bit of a powder touch up fixes this.

Pros
Flawless finish
Blurs pores and fine lines
Reasonably long lasting
Excellent range of colours

Cons
Lack of places to purchase in UK (got mine from Harvey Nichols online)
May not be suitable for very oily skin types

on 1/24/2018 12:50:00 AM

This foundation looked terribleeeeee on my skin !!! I have combo skin, oily tzone. This foundation looked soooo bad on me. The first 10 minutes of it on was ok it looked fine but as every half hour went past it just looked horrible ! One of the worst foundation looks I've ever tried. It starts off looking so dry even on combo or oily skin and then I'm an hour I became a greasy mess !! It made me so oily. And the oxidation omg !!!! I got shade 190 which matched when I first put it on but it oxidises orangey so fast and so strong ! It looked so gross the undertone completely changed from neutral to orange and pink. I cannot recommend this foundation to anyone unfortunately

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

In shade 240

I like this foundation but it's haven't reach my hg status
As an oily prone skin girl, I'm thankful of this product (moreover I live in tropical country)

It does its job, but I don't find any reason to said its special.

It just work like my other foundation imo.

My mom said, she loves MUFE HD foundation better on me than the fenty one, which confuse me a lot.

But it's still worth to purchase imo, give it a try.

This is such an interesting foundation because people seem to love it or hate it. Unfortunately, this was a mess for me. Probably the worst looking foundation I've used on my skin.
To start out, I have pale NC10 skin that is normal but can get slightly oily on my nose and chin. My main skin issue is large hole-like pores on my cheeks. I need a foundation that can glide over those pores and smooth them out while matching my skin color. This foundation didn't cut it.
I used the lightest shade which matched fairly well although it did darken about a shade. The foundation looked about half a shade too dark after darkening against my neck but looked fine head-on. Certainly lighter than many other foundations.
Before I talk about the finish, I should mention that the packaging is beautiful with a great pump. It's what all high-end foundations should be like.
Now, onto the bad. This foundation is very thin and very dry. I think it's thinness caused it to gather into every pore on my and highlight them like I've never seen a foundation do before. Keep in mind this is after moisturizing and priming my face. I even broke our Benefit Porefessional (which I don't usually like) to see if that would help. No matter what primer or application I used I could not get it to apply evenly and look smooth on my face.
The wear was not much better. Despite looking dry upon application within 4 hours my nose was an oil slick. The minimal amount of oil my skin produced was enough to break apart this foundation.
One last thing. This product STINKS of powdery perfume and the scent lingers. Seriously, imagine your granny's perfume.
I gave 2 stars solely for the packaging and shade selection, but those are the only positives I have for this foundation.

My Shade: 150
Other shades that work for me: TF BTW Porcelain, EL Doublewear 1N2 Ecru, MAC C1.

The shade range of Fenty’s foundation is fabulous! There are plenty of colours to suit all shades and undertones. Despite a lot of people claiming their foundation oxidised a shade darker, I didn’t find that it oxidised at all, it stayed true to colour. Some reviewers find that it becomes a shade or two darker after drying so I recommend trying it out first to see how it sits on your skin. This foundation is very matte, but it doesn’t dry out my skin. It doesn’t cause any redness or irritation either. I find that it looks quite natural despite the matte finish - not at all cakey or mask like. I use about 1-1.5 pumps to cover my face. I don’t consider this a full coverage foundation though - more medium coverage. It will conceale any redness, uneven skin tone, dark circles or blemishes but some freckles do still show through. I personally prefer medium coverage foundation so am happy with the finish. It wears well throughout the day, it doesn’t fade, become patchy throughout the day or transfer. It even lasts through the heat and humidity (and sweating!). It is quite reasonably priced and comes in a lovely frosted glass bottle with a pump. I would highly recommend this foundation to anyone!

on 1/5/2018 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was able to find the most perfect color match ever with this foundation. I can't even tell I'm wearing makeup, it just blends with my skin. That being said I lean oily and the finish is so matte I have to moisturize before applying. This needs to be applied and blended in small sections as it dries to quickly to blend if applied to the whole face at once. Also I feel like less is more with this product. Just under one pump does it for me, a full pump looks cakey on my skin