Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.1

on 9/18/2017 8:29:00 PM

I am so upset that I was disappointed with this foundation . I have a couple friends that work at Sephora and they were ranting and raving about it . I finally went in and tried on a few different colors . I bought one even though deep down I thought it was a little too dark for me . I just kept hearing over and over again from people that it fits every single skin tone . Well it's false because it did not match my skin tone the way I wanted it to, not only that but it went on extremely cakey . I even went home and put on my regular moisturizer and primer to see if it would look any better but it didn't. If your pale and have a tough time with finding a foundation it's worth giving it a shot but in my experience it just didn't work out.

on 9/18/2017 12:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Ok, hear me out. Last week my friend ( Medium with yellow/olive undertones, oily t-zone) and I (Fair with neutral/pinkish tones, oily all over) went to Sephora and immediately went to the Fenty display. Everything is absolutely gorgeous looking. We both walked out with foundation (me 100, her 290) about one shade lighter since we heard many people say they oxidized. We also both bought the brush, which is beautiful, and I got a highlighter.

We put on our new foundation the next day and met up. I had problems immediately. Applying this foundation with the brush looked horrific. It immediately sank into pores and little indents I didn't even know I had. So I washed it off and tried my beauty blender. Much better. It dried and looked a little dull, but I know throughout the day it'll change. I did my usual routine minus setting spray as I wanted to see how it worked on its own. My friend used her Smashbox primer and the Fenty brush to apply hers. She liked the way it applied but did say her brush shed a little. So did mine.

We meet up during the day and go outside to look at each others makeup. So far...not so good. Coverage was eh, but we do realize we're used to heavier product. Every hair on each of our our faces was emphasized, which we've never seen happen before, and in some some areas it looked caked on. Ok, no big deal. This is a new formula for us both and we'll learn how to use it. About 3 hours into our day our skin started to very lightly get oily, which was great. Usually I am absolutely greasy by that point. But I looked in my mirror and noticed the areas around my mouth, chin and nose were really creased and patchy, so I used a concealer brush to smooth it out. Not looking so great. My friends makeup looked patchy as well, and every pore was visible. Maybe we did something wrong...

5 hours in and I needed to go home, I was so embarrassed. It had separated into something awful, spots were starting to show through, pores were on full display, it was beading and it looked like I hadn't even bothered blending the product and just slapped it on. My friend still wanted to give it a chance, but I could not. I returned it that night. Later in the evening my friend let me know that her face looked awful and that she was very sad, because this was the first foundation that completely matched her skin.

We both really enjoyed the colors and how light it felt. Even while it was sliding off of our faces, it felt weightless. Give it a shot, Sephora has a great return policy.

I love this foundation! The lady at Sephora matched me and once I looked in the mirror I was so amazed at how good my skin looked. It looked airbrushed. I got the shade #200 and its perfect, my skin has some redness in it and I have always had a hard time finding a foundation that matches my undertones. I have very oily skin and this foundation is amazing at controling the oil. I wore this during a football tailgate while I was bar hopping and it looked great all day and I only had to apply some touch up powder once. My skin is very sensitive to break outs and so far so good- really hoping that it doesn't end up making me break out because I am in love with it!

on 9/17/2017 3:01:00 AM

I like this but I don't love it, simply because the finish is a bit too flat for me and a little drying. I'm 160 matched to NC25, oxidises just a little, its a pretty good match and the coverage is med-full with no luminosity. I can imagine oily skins to love this since its a more advanced version of the Kat von D foundation, which was way too thick for me. The texture is very fine but not that spreadable, make sure you wear a wet type of primer with lots of slip, I found a hydrating one works the best or straight up sunscreen. I think this is a good foundation, its just not suitable for me, its really obvious that Im wearing foundation and at the end of the day, it has pooled a little at nose corners and is a little patchy. Its not a deal breaker however I still like my Shiseido Synchro skin much better. Love the color range, I took home 3 little pots, kudos for generous sephora girls. I found this to be similar to revlon colorstay, which I like better than this since its just not as flat. I have normal skin, maybe a little oily T zone. Packaging is great however I will use this on humid days. My recommendation is try before you buy.

I purchased this foundation in 110 Cool as I am as white as paper and cool toned. I had read and watched a lot of reviews before I chose this shade because I heard that it oxidised and the recommendation was to purchase a shade lighter than what you would normally wear. I am extremely pale so went for the lightest shade.

I applied my Laura Geller primer and then applied this foundation. It applied very well but I found I had to pat it in with my fingers and the coverage just wasn't that great. I could still see my freckles and two acne spots. I applied the second layer and that did nothing to improve the coverage. On me, this coverage is very light and there was no oxidisation as other reviewers had commented. In fact, I looked so pale my neighbour commented on my paleness and asked me if I was sick.

My skin looked lovely as far as blurring effect but the shade was totally wrong. I didn't find that it dried quickly as other reviewers mentioned too, it was quite runny and two pumps covered my entire face and neck. I think I may try adding some Cover FX drops to darken the shade but I am not impressed enough with this foundation to purchase again, I have better.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I may change my mind on this foundation, though right now I'm not a fan. The colour range in phenomenal - no one else makes warm hades this yellow! They're so hard to find. My issue, however, stems with the formulation. I have a tester of the Fenty primer, so I thought that would help. Though this foundation dries so quickly, it's so tacky, it settles into every pore. Maybe others can post a review of how they get this hobby paint to work. Maybe mixing it with Strobe Cream would work?