Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.1

Not sure... I purchased online, so I did get a shade that was too light. Now I am on the fence about either getting a refund or getting a correct shade match.
One thing that I do not like is it's difficult to apply. It skips and does not glide on. I know it's a matte formula, but it seems hard to work with. When using a brush it streaks, so then you have to go over it with a beauty blender. When you use it just with a beauty blender it doesn't seem to have as much coverage, and shows pores. Plus it's powdery and dries very fast, so you have to be quick when applying it.
After it's been on for a few hours, it does look better. My skin is slightly oily in the T zone and the oils come through after a days wear, but the foundation looks nice and doesn't break apart.

on 9/25/2017 10:37:00 AM

I'm lucky as I have a close friend with a similar skin tone who purchased this foundation (140), so I was able to try it out without actually buying it.

While it's great that this foundation caters to so many different tones, this is definitely not a product for dry skin. I have combo skin, and my dry areas looked very cakey after I applied it. I gave it about an hour to settle in, and it still looked like a tight cement mess that sucked out all the moisture out of my cheeks. And yes, I did heavily moisturize and used a spray after applying. My oily areas looked good. The finish was satin and very natural, with medium coverage.

I think that the bottle is great, I love the array of colors/tones, but in the end I don't think this is a product for me. Might work better with oilier skin.

BEWARE: IF YOU HAVE DRY OR EVEN NORMAL SKIN, STAY VERY CLEAR OF THIS FOUNDATION, IT'S NOT FOR YOU! I don't think I've ever been this disappointed in a product. I was so hyped for this after the launch and hearing all the beauty gurus rave about this stuff. If I can give this product any good point, it would be the shade selection. Very fair tones can find their shade, I was matched to a 110 in store, and it was an almost perfect match. I walked into my local Sephora and got matched along my jaw, the product looked great and I asked the girl at the counter if it was dry-skin friendly. She told me it was so I paid for it and went home. At home, I took off my day's makeup and went to town to test it, and let me tell you, I freaking tried to make this work. After having tones and apply a serum, I initially tried this product without primer, and tried on one half with a BB and on the other a brush. Holy crap, it looked so bad. It looked powdery, dry and made my skin look so aged and tight. The only way I can describe this is that it went into my pores (which generally aren't an issue for me) but not on my skin? It's got alot of colour in it but not much foundation. So test number one failed, so I did my whole skin routine; I toned, applied serum, then moisturised, and topped it off with some rosewater mist, AND then applied two silicone based primers on either side of my face, one half Baby Skin, the other the Ordinary High Adherence primer. Again, looked like shit. Mildly less bad but still terrible. It caked very obviously on my nose and just looked so bad. I understand that some foundations dry quick but this is ridiculous. I assume this is full of talc and silicone because after less than 5 seconds, this thing hardens and dries up. Unusable. I live in Australia where return policies are very strict, so I'm begging to God that I can return this garbage and get a refund to buy something heaps better!

on 9/21/2017 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

As a foundation junkie, there was no way that I was not going to buy this foundation. I'm also not big on celebrity brands but after spending about 8 hours on and off watching YouTube reviews on the Fenty products, I really wanted to try this.
I'm 62 years old. My skin is dry. Very dry. My skincare routine is very important to me. Because of this I was a bit nervous to try but I went to Sephora and was color matched. The two colors that were swatched were 160 and 170--Light/Cool. I took two samples home with me because I really wanted to "try before buy". (I did buy the Gloss Bomb and the primer--WOW).
The next morning, I made sure my skin was well-hydrated with serum and cream and when dried, I applied the Fenty primer. (review to come). Allowing about 5 minutes for the primer to set, I went ahead to apply the foundation. NOTE: Before applying the foundation, you MUST shake the bottle. Shaking the bottle helps the foundation to mix and you will not have any oxidation. At first I used a foundation brush and didn't like the way the brush applied. Then I used my finger to apply and blended in with a dampened Real Techniques blending sponge. This application worked like a charm. Next, I allowed the foundation to dry completely then buffed with a large buffing brush. Then I sprayed setting spray. The foundation did not feel dry neither did my skin. The finish was superior and the coverage is very, very good. I don't want a full coverage and one pump was all that was needed.
I've heard from some reviewers that contour can lift this foundation. This did not happen with me. I used the Match Stix in Amber. It is a very cool taupe and with my fair coloring is a great contour. Blush, everything else stayed put.
This foundation has been a delight. I've gotten many compliments on how great my skin looks--my husband, who can't stand foundation mentioned that my makeup looked very soft and natural. At a price point of $34, this is a great value because you don't need a lot of product. If you remember to shake the bottle it won't oxodize. Honestly, I had no oxidization at all! Hope this helps. Oh..and this cosmetics line is very "old lady" friendly!

on 9/21/2017 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have two main issues when looking for a foundation, color match and mattefying capabilities, as I have extremely oily skin. This foundation covers both those problem areas for me and for that alone this foundation is a winner in my book. If you have yellow toned or olive skin give this foundation a try. Coverage isn't full, I'd say this is a medium coverage foundation, however with two layers I get good coverage that's enough for me. I know that when my (acne prone) skin was bad, this wouldn't have cut it for me, now that my skin is better it's enough, but it's something to keep in mind if you have moderate to severe acne. What's really won me over is how much less I have to blot when wearing this, its significantly less, and when I do my makeup looks fresh again. This isn't a full 5 stars from me because there are better (actual) full coverage foundations out there, but this foundation works for my skin and tone which is rare and it's worth trying it out.

on 9/21/2017 6:47:00 AM

I never have much trust in "celebrity" owned brands, so I only got a few samples of this foundation so I can see for myself if it's all hype or it's really a quality product, and unfortunately it turns out it's just hype, as far as I'm concerned. This is a less than mediocre foundation, there is nothing good I can say about it.

I found a shade that matched me pretty well, at least for the first 15 minutes, after which it oxidized and turned an unflattering shade of yellow. The texture was not flattering on me either, and I don't have texture issues.

Even the coverage wasn't as high as I thought, maybe a medium at best.

The lasting power is probably ok, but I had to wash it out after 5 hours as it had separated on my nose and chin (which are a bit oilier but not excessively so). It also made my skin feel itchy.

For the price and the hype, I would have expected much more.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got a deluxe sample from Sephora in 150 to try out. The colour was a little too yellow for me if I purchased I would go with something with a slightly more pink undertone. I noticed when I first applied it looked great, but by the end of the day it had shifted quite yellow. I would really suggest you try a sample before committing to a colour.

Performance wise it went on really easily with a brush and gave me great coverage. It built up beautifully over my red spots so I didn't need to use any concealer. I set it with my normal powder. I'm a very oily girl and I thought it would be drier but I did have to blot throughout the day. It wears beautifully, it's super lightweight and comfortable to wear. It has a lovely, light powdery finish to it. It remind me a lot of my HG Estee Lauder Double Wear but at the end of the day I can't wait to take off the Double Wear, it feels thick and heavy. The Fenty foundation remains super lightweight up even after 12+ hours of wear time.

Aside from the colour matching/shifting issue I really love this foundation and will definitely be going back to get matched and pick up a full-size bottle when I need a new foundation.

I just had to return the Too Faced peachy foundation because the shade range was awful and the product itself was not very good (cakey, dry, patchy)...so I hesitated on this one because sometimes me and "matte" don't always get along. So I asked the nice SA at Sephora for a sample in 150 (I'm about NC18 or so and this looked like it would be a good neutral match, as I tend to run a bit more neutral) and she gave me about 3-4 days worth to try out. I am on day 3. I decided on day 2 it was worth buying but EVERYONE IS OOS. Sigh. Just my luck. So what do I love about this? Just about everything. It's matte, but a satiny matte---doesn't look dry, doesn't cake or get patchy, even after 12 hours of wear and me with allergy nose as well. It buffs out nicely to look poreless, plays well over my YSL Blur primer and the shade is 100% a perfect match. It looks flawless.
The only thing I didn't love it that it sets quickly so you have to blend fast--but it's not unforgiving if you have to layer a bit more or take a bit longer. I find I have to buff more around my nose to avoid it settling in, but that is normal with any foundation of the matte persuasion. I am dry-combo and my skin really likes this one. No issues on any part of my face. A+

Finally after struggling for a week i found the right way for applying this foundation.

i have an oily combi skin with a little acne-prone, so very important is that this foundation is not giving any bad reaction.

During the entire week i've tried out what would be best to put as a base, an i figured it has to be a slightly greasy hidrating spf cream in order to avoid the dry finish, with my La Roche Posay Anthelios KA spf 50+ moisturizing care it works good!!!

Like that my pored are less visible (as with other bases it was the case)..

And most important i found out the way how to apply is best with my fingers, and only 1 pump!!! Like that the 'natural' finish looks best, as before i used 2 pumps and it looked caky..

And than... first they matched me #200 but using it for 2 days i didn't like the colour, too yellow... and they changed it at Sephora for colour 170, the lighter version of cool tones... now it's a match, at first it kind of is too light, but after 10 minutes it's perfect!!

so conclusion is: use only 1 pump with fingers with a good moisturizer as base!! now i have a winner!!!!!

on 9/18/2017 9:31:00 PM

Not for dry skin girls! I love matte foundation (wet n wild photofocus, and naked skin) but this left me looking soooooo dry around my nose and chin. No thank you.