Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.1

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am on the fence as to whether I would purchase this based on the sample that I've tried, but for now it is a no. It is very liquidy and doesn't offer much coverage on the first go, so I feel like a full bottle would be used up super quickly. The shade range is amazing, and I love that they put it in a nice glass bottle with a pump; however, the finish is too matte for my taste as well. Overall, it is not a bad product and it deserves some of the recognition that it has gotten, but it is by no means one-size-fits-all as it is very drying. I have dry skin, so I know I could only use this once a week at most.

The packaging was really good and secure. But the foundation was awful. I got it from Harvey Nichols. It did NOT blend!! I put it on and for £26 it should have been amazing, but it flakes off straight away when I tried to blend it. After trying to put powder on it got worse and you couldn’t put any bronzer or blusher on. Now I use Number 7 and The Body Shop

on 3/12/2018 3:38:00 AM

so I LOVE this like its my favorite!!!! the only problem I have is Im a super white pale person and I think I shade 120 without looking at it, but I feel like its a little pale for me but the next color up is to dark but its one of those just use a little bronzer. I love the shade ranges like I said I'm PALE and I normally can get the lightest shade and somtimes its do dark for me and the lightest shade is way to light for me... the ware on it is light and buildabul. I don't know about anyone else but a beauty blender doesn't really work well with it I use a oval shaped brush and it works a lot better than a Beauty blender.

I went to Sephora to get color matched and the product broke me out in hives! The packaging is beautiful and I'm pleased with the variety of shades available at launch but unfortunately this product will not work for me.

I was really hoping to love this product, as I watch people use it on the daily instagrams! It looks so perfect on their skin, so when I bought it I was super excited, I found it to be a bit disappointing, I have combo skin, and I get dry patches every now and then, and this foundation (like most others) sticks to my dry patches, I even tried exfoliating first and hydrating primer and all that, still came off like powder and stuck to my dry patches. I liked it on the rest of my face, but it kinda dried and laid on the top layer of my skin like powder.

on 2/7/2018 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This foundation gives me a flawless finish . Very easily buildable to give desired coverage. With one coat alone it is a medium- full coverage. The shade range is absolutely phenomenal, i would be very surprised if you cant find a shade to match your skintone. Highly recommend

on 2/1/2018 7:37:00 PM

I need someone to explain this foundation to me STAT. It isn't what I would call "full coverage" like people claim and it is not matte, it's oily. Very oily. I've tried everything to get this product to work, but it always turns to pure oil on my face within a couple hours. I will literally see oil dew (tiny little dots of oil) on my face. My skin isn't even particularly oily so I have no idea why this is happening and why people are claiming this foundation is their holy grail.

on 1/28/2018 1:19:00 PM

Ok let me start off by saying that I am a foundation junkie! I think I've tried most high end foundation brands. I purchased both the Fenty foundation and Huda foundation a couple of weeks ago and put them both to the test.

For reference I am Mac NC20 and Nars Deauville. I purchased the Fenty foundation in the shade 140. Initially I though this shade would be too light but after reading reviews I decided upon this shade (some people were saying it can oxidise a shade or two). It's an excellent match for my NC20 skin. From using this foundation for a fortnight, I can say that for me it oxides only a tiny amount. It dries down to a soft matte finish and after about 10 minutes the colour on my skin stays true all day.

It applies beautifully. I have used a beauty blender and the new Huda foundation brush. I feel that the brush provides a more flawless finish. I finish off my base with a light dusting of Laura Mercier translucent powder and I feel this sets the makeup in place for a good 6 - 8 hours. I have an oily t zone and oils start to show through after about 6 hours, but a bit of a powder touch up fixes this.

Pros
Flawless finish
Blurs pores and fine lines
Reasonably long lasting
Excellent range of colours

Cons
Lack of places to purchase in UK (got mine from Harvey Nichols online)
May not be suitable for very oily skin types

on 1/24/2018 12:50:00 AM

This foundation looked terribleeeeee on my skin !!! I have combo skin, oily tzone. This foundation looked soooo bad on me. The first 10 minutes of it on was ok it looked fine but as every half hour went past it just looked horrible ! One of the worst foundation looks I've ever tried. It starts off looking so dry even on combo or oily skin and then I'm an hour I became a greasy mess !! It made me so oily. And the oxidation omg !!!! I got shade 190 which matched when I first put it on but it oxidises orangey so fast and so strong ! It looked so gross the undertone completely changed from neutral to orange and pink. I cannot recommend this foundation to anyone unfortunately

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So I was pushed into buying this as when I swatched it instore I thought it clung to dry spots/ pores a lot. But the lady who served me gave me all sorts of reasons why like because I had no primer on blah blah. Anyway I bought it, tried it at home and kinda hated it. I’ve since tried it again with Mac strobe cream applied shortly before which seems to help and using a beauty blender. It actually looks pretty nice once all my makeup is on and it’s one of my preferred foundations at the moment but I wouldn’t rebuy as too much hard work. I have normal skin, not particularly dry. Coverage is pretty average too. Still on the hunt for my HG!