Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.5

on 4/10/2019 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I Went To My Local Sephora And Got Shade Matched Inside The Store. The Sephora Makeup Artist Instantly Matched Me In The Shade 440 Along With The Fenty Beauty Concealer In 440. I Was Immediately Amazed How It Oxidize In Like 5 Seconds To Give The Product Time To Settle In On Your Face Before Judging It. Very Great Product! I Also Purchased The Instant Retouch Setting Powder In Hazelnut & Sample Size In Honey. Very Great For All Skin Types As Well.

If i did a lot of prep work - moisturise, mask and all, the foundation will go on nicely. If not, it can get cakey especially on the cheeks where its a little drier. Coverage is medium but that’s ok for me as I don’t typically go for full coverage foundations. It does dry pretty quickly into a matte finish and I mix it into my Estée Lauder doublewear stay in place foundation so its not so dry. It’s not a foundation that I would repurchase even though the packaging is beautiful.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The only plus about this product line is their vast color range.
Other than that, it was awful.
I have very oily, acne prone, sensitive skin GGG.
This did not hold up by the 4th hour, was not long wearing. It also broke me out by the next day.
Also, it is expensive for the poor quality.

on 1/26/2019 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing. Everyone always compliments me on how good my skin looks, and I have to keep telling them, it’s not my skin, it’s Fenty!!!” So happy they came out with the 10 additional shades, as I was struggling on finding a perfect winter shade. Now I have a shade for every season. I have normal, but sensitive skin, and I follow a very moisturizing routine prior to putting on makeup - cleansing milk, essence, facial oil serum, moisturizer. All prior to putting on the Fenty primer and then foundation. And this foundation stays on all damn day! If you have drier skin, definitely focus on hydrating you skin well prior to applying this foundation, or else you may find it too drying. Also, despite what ppl may think, this foundation DOES NOT oxidize. It just dries quickly into a super matte finish, hence why there might be a slight variance in the colour from when you put it on wet.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got 2 samples of this even though I already found an awesome liquid foundation called Photo Focus by Wetnwild - anyway, I wanted to give this hyped foundation a try. My color is 130 which is extremely yellow but the actual color blends out to a beautiful neutral shade that matched me perfectly. From 2 ft away, it looks like I'm not wearing anything. The formula though, to me is terrible. It doesn't blend, it rubs off and the smell bothers me. Even though the shade was perfect, when up close, you can see the makeup because it just won't melt into skin. It waters my eyes and gave me a rash on the sides of my nose in addition to everything else. Even when my oils blended in with the foundation, it still looked terrible. The wetnwild foundation (although I haven't found my perfect shade) won't rub off, doesn't transfer, blends in seconds and has no fragrance. Bottom line is I'm glad I got a sample of this so now I know I won't be buying it. Reference: I tried this with and without primer and had the same effect. I wore Paula's Choice Resist SPF 30 zinc sunscreen and Hourglass mineral veil primer and various other primers and it still would not work or blend.

I am Oriental, and staying in a tropical country. My complexion colour is medium, and I have a combination of oily and dry skin, but mostly oily, with open pores. I use Pro Filt’r (No. 200) on my face except for my nose. The shade is slightly lighter than my skin tone, but there’s no different shades visible (face and neck) when photos are taken. It is long lasting and keeps my skin fresh and does not streak. I have it on for around 10 hours a day, and my skin still looks great at the end of the day. The foundation is very bendable. I apply this foundation with my fingers. No brush or beauty blender. I have tried foundation brush but I find using fingers are still the best, it blends into my skin. For my nose, I have to put on a different foundation, Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation (Cool Creme no. 3C0). I find that Fenty foundation tends to streak and stays on top of my nose, doesn’t blend in easily and the different shades around my nose and cheek is visible. Before I put on the Fenty foundation, I’d apply The Porefessional as a base by Benefit.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was given a sample by a friend who was cautioned to go a shade or two lighter and cooler because of oxidation issues. With her warmer-neutral medium tone, I can't conceive of her wearing something as light as she was given. 107 Cool is not what I would've chose for myself either (being fair olive with golden undertones) but it melded with my skin and didn't have too much of a pink or porcelain mask effect as the day went on. It is a bit grabby and has to be well blended with a sponge (reg flat foundation brush doesn't cut it.) But, it wears very well. I've gotten accustomed to light coverage with my skin mostly behaving (thanks to the Ordinary!), but for medium coverage, it's pretty good! I'm a fan of old-school original formula Double Wear, and its long as I continued drugstore counterpart- Almay Amazing Lasting Makeup- so nothing ever seems to touch those in endurance, but this is a decent foundation and worth a try- especially for the gorgeous shade range!

on 8/16/2018 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was able to get a sample of this from Sephora - shade 180. Darker shade than I thought I'd have to wear, but it actually was spot on for my skin. I'm light very warm yellow, so I give lippies for a good shade match.

However, right after application (damp sponge over my Primerizer) - I didn't like how this looked on my skin. I had dry patches popping up (in some of my regular spots) that do not do this with much cheaper, matte foundations (catrice). So this was starting off on a bad wrong foot. Then, it got worse after I put setting powder on top (a dusting). I set with Catrice spray - and I just didn't like the look of this on my face. It seemed to emphasize my pores, and it looked very powdery/cakey. If I don't like something right off the bat, then I won't wear it again. I wore CG Elixir foundation (cheap) yesterday mixed with my HG Catrice HD foundation and that looked 10 x better than this on my skin. I can tell when something blurs my pores vs. not. This stuff doesn't. For the price tag, I will not purchase. Very happy I can try samples of these sorts of higher $$$ foundations.

I also noticed that by 1.5 hours later after application, my oils were coming through on my nose already. So for a matte foundation (even with my normal primer) this somehow made my oils kick in too fast.

on 8/3/2018 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This foundation by far has quickly became my no.1 top foundation (replacing my Lancôme teint idol now down to no.2)... I use shade 470 and with a deep dark neutral undertone, finding the correct shade for my oily skin that can still keep me matte all day and not feel heavy and greasy but give great coverage on my skin is absolutely genius. For years us deeper skin tone ladies have struggled to get the correct colour match that is not too red, or ashy to compliment our individual shade ranges and finally my girl Riri came through for us and hit the ball far out of the park. I strongly recommend all deep toned women of colour who have oily to combination skin to give this a go...you will be very surprised!.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation didn't work for me at all. Poor coverage and very cakey. Didn't last even 4 hours. The finish is horrible. Will not recommend this product.