Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.0

on 4/22/2019 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This looked flawless after application but once I used a lighter concealer and contoured my face I looked slightly grey. It didn't leave me glowing at all however my foundation stayed matte on a night out and perfectly in place. However I have ONLY used this alongaide the fenty primer which is amazing. I bought the shade 430 from Harvey Nichols even though I thought I was a 420. I explained my face is lighter then it looks as I am always given a colour too dark. The sales advisor told me no way was I 420 as it was too light. She put the 430 on me which looked good in the store lighting but because she made me feel like a idiot for wanting to try a shade lighter I bought it but I've been looking orangey according to my partner.
I even went back on a second occasion and was told no by a different advisor who didn't even attempt to put it on my face but told me 420 was too light. I'm going back for the third time to buy the 420 I knew I was which I now have to buy and I will be kicking up a fuss about their lack of knowledge.

Please don't listen to sales assistants follow your gut. I will never ask for help again regarding foundation.They have a no returns policy too which is ridiculous. They need to sell fenty in other retailers other then Harvey Nichols.

on 4/14/2019 8:05:00 PM

I bought it when It was released in my country It was really bad powdery too much which looked terrible on me like i had compact powder .

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

When this foundation first came out there was a lot of hype around the shade range which yes is great but my foundation doesn’t match my skin anyway. I like to go a couple of shades darker to match my fake tan so I am more bothered about the coverage and staying power on my combination skin. I have been a die hard fan of studio fix for years so was reluctant to change incase it wasn’t as good however I decided to give this foundation a go after seeing it in Sephora whilst I was on holiday and I wasn’t disappointed!

It glides onto your face like butter and blends like a dream, I have read some reviews that says it dries too quick but I haven’t had this problem. I dot 1 pump onto my face then blend with a beauty blender then apply another pump and repeat. This is medium to full coverage so some would get away with just 1 pump however I have freckles that I don’t like so apply 2 layers to make sure they are completely hidden.

The foundation lasts a good 10 hours without needing to be touched up, ( I bake with translucent powder after applying). I love the feel of this foundation it feels so silky and light on your face. I will definitely be purchasing again when it’s run out and for now anway it has replaced my beloved studio fix. Can’t wait to try some more Fenty products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm very disappointed in this foundation mainly because it is soooo hyped and I honestly don't get why. It separates on my skin as the oils start coming through and makes my skin look very dull. The silicone content is off the charts, which accounts for my breakouts. No matter how I apply this I can't seem to make it work for my oily skin. To me it's not worth the raving reviews as there are many cheaper drugstore foundations that work better for oily skin.

Really wanted to like this foundation but found it cakey looking as soon as I applied it. It separates on my skin during the day but most other foundations I have tried don’t do this. Really disappointed and not worth the money :(

on 2/11/2019 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For the last 3-4 years, my go-to has been the L'Oreal Pro-Matte in 104 (because I always got hella compliments) but I needed a change of foundation when my face was MUCH more tan than the rest of my body. So here's to experimenting with new foundations!

I'm not much of a high-end foundation girl, but I like this a lot (for several reasons):

- It dries pretty quickly and doesn't transfer - "soft matte" is the perfect way of describing the finish. The formulation doesn't make it separate or stay tacky (ew) throughout the day. I have no patience for makeup that sticks and transfers to shirt collars, male friends' suit jackets, and other people.
- It's in that weird pricing sweet spot of $34 -- not quite low-end $20 Sephora but also not WTH upper-tier $42-60.
- The pump doesn't dispense too much product per pump, so you can either dial back or dial up the amount you need. I just need 1.5 pumps for my face and neck, applied with a damp sponge. I mix this with my Becca Champagne Pop liquid highlighter and yes, it is poppin'.
- IT TOOK ME 2 TRIES, but I found my shade match! Initially I ordered 190 through the online shade finder, got an associate in-person to match and she said 185 would be perfect, but my color is actually 150 after watching it dry down. All the reviews saying this product oxidizes to a darker shade are CORRECT. If you're curious about this foundation, swatch a thin layer on your hand and let it dry to its true shade to make your choice.

I am a thirsty-skinned fair-light complected Asian, if you're curious. I ALWAYS apply moisturizer before foundation, which is how I avoid dry spots -- and because I apply a thin layer of foundation, I don't get the "it settles into lines" issue. At the end of the day, I do get a tad shinier than with my Pro-Matte but it's not a terrible con. Otherwise, it performs awesomely: It looks natural and not "beauty guru" Instaglammy. Light-medium coverage. I can wear this to the office (which I do, by the way) and on a night out.

It's solid.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the shade range of Fenty Beaty. However, I hate how drying this foundation can be on my face. I have combo skin but I find this foundation really drying on my dry areas. The foundation color is the best color match that I have for my skin tone but, I find myself mixing in a dewy foundation which then changes my undertone. I wish Fenty had a dewy version of this and I would be in love!

Hard to blend, settles in lines, makes skin dry, and wears off very quickly.

I have dry - combo skin. The colour match on this foundation is great but the texture/coverage just isn’t for me. This foundation makes my skin look dull and dry. You can definitely see that you’re wearing foundation. I prefer a medium coverage foundation that looks like skin, or is slightly more dewy.
I don’t like the pump - I feel like once I finished the bottle there was still some left in the bottom that I couldn’t get to.
I also find you have to blend it immediately or it sticks to the skin and won’t blend out. It tends to stick to dry patches. I want to love this, but I just don’t.

When I first applied the foundation, I literally thought "what a disaster!". It went all patchy, dry, settled into everything-- I hated it. I applied it with a brush that time. Fast forward to now, and I absolutely love this foundation. What changed? I actually gave it a chance and learned how to use this product correctly. So, my advice, if it comes out patchy-- give it a second chance.

First, shake the bottle really well! This is the first mistake I have made. I gave it a quick shake, and that's it. Wrong! Shake it really well!

Take a damp beauty sponge for application. The product blends in a lot better.

Three, the formula is very peculiar and dries VERY fast. I highly recommend working on one side of the face first before applying foundation on the other side of the face. And blend, blend, blend...fast! Use minimal amount of product! 1.5 pumps covers my whole face and neck (I have a big face). This would give you Light-Medium coverage. An extra coat will give medium to full coverage. If you don't follow these steps, you will end up with a patchy face. But if you do, you will have a flawless Matt finish. Beautiful. Oh, and it doesn't really settle into the fine lines.

The foundation doesn't oxidise, it just dries down like paint.