Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by age: 19-24
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking forward to trying this foundation , given the hype, but it fell flat for me. For reference my skin is oily to combination. I tried this as a sample in the shade 130. The shade is spot on, perfect. This is comparable to the shade Gobi from NARS. But the wear is pretty bad. Upon application, it was so difficult to blend in with a brush. It was caking into every pore and crease, and just looked heavy. It began seperating almost immediatly and just looked like a mess. Clung onto dry spots as well, even after exfloiating and moisturizing. Very drying as well. Sorry Riri. :(

on 3/24/2018 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this foundation as I’ve been forever in search of my holy grail long wear foundation, but unfortunately it just wasn’t living up to any of the hype.
I always apply with a buffing brush as it gives me the airbrush type of finish I prefer, and initially when I began applying it I noticed that I had to blend extremely quickly as it wasn’t blending properly - however on my second time applying I realised it wasn’t the case at all, this foundation just generally cannot blend as well as others I’ve tried. After what felt like a mini arm workout trying to blend it in, it still looked very patchy and sat really awfully on my skin.
My acne prone skin didn’t break out though (thankfully), however it’s only day two of wearing it.
I’m glad I only got this as a sample and didn’t buy the full sized bottle as it would’ve gone to waste.

on 3/17/2018 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this about a month ago when I ran out of foundation (Sephora Collection) because I've heard good things about it during its release. We've got to admit — finding the "perfect shade" for your skin was a good selling point. When I used it for the first time, though, I couldn't say I liked the consistency? It was very fluid, very thin. Coverage was medium, so I had to reapply it on areas where I have PIH. About a few minutes later, I felt some slight itching on some parts of my face. I ignored it and it might be the biggest mistake I've ever made this year (in terms of skincare lol). When the day was done, the foundation was clinging on to dry patches of my face and lo and behold: breakouts! I was sad because a) I liked the bottle/packaging and b) the product wasn't cheap. I didn't know if Sephora would accept returns (then) if the product's already open so, now, it's just sitting on my makeup shelf thingy. 11/10 wouldn't buy again.

on 3/12/2018 3:38:00 AM

so I LOVE this like its my favorite!!!! the only problem I have is Im a super white pale person and I think I shade 120 without looking at it, but I feel like its a little pale for me but the next color up is to dark but its one of those just use a little bronzer. I love the shade ranges like I said I'm PALE and I normally can get the lightest shade and somtimes its do dark for me and the lightest shade is way to light for me... the ware on it is light and buildabul. I don't know about anyone else but a beauty blender doesn't really work well with it I use a oval shaped brush and it works a lot better than a Beauty blender.

on 3/10/2018 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Before buying this foundation I watched plenty of reviews on youtube and seeking out other swatches, and I was expecting to try out 420 and 430. I let the sales person use the shade matching machine on me just because she already had it out and it said 450. When I tried it it was dull and the red undertone was way too different from my face. I’m glad the store was packed and she got distracted because otherwise she probably would have tried to sell it to me. So, huge side-eye at that machine and I will never even waste the few seconds letting someone do that again.

I like how this foundation matches my skin and coverage is build able. It does get annoying to me how quickly you have to blend before it dries and when using a brush I have to clean it often or the application will be streaky. I always use a matte primer with my other foundations but with this one it is just feels way too dry, so I prefer to just use it without one for now. Maybe in the future I will try the Fenty one. I set this foundation with loose powder and then use setting spray and I have not experienced much transferring and I can get all day wear. I may have to blot once or twice depending on how hot it is or if I use less powder. I will repurchase.

(Reviews are mixed so I would suggest taking advantage of getting a sample if you can)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My oily skin is pretty fickle when it comes to foundations. The shade match wowed me - I got this in 180, which fits my warm olive skintone to a T. I was so elated by the initial discovery that I made concessions for the products' shortcomings. It would immediately apply cakey to my oily skin, no matter how thin a layer, and could not be remedied with a small dose of serum, which many people recommended. After a while, I would notice that at the end of the day, my natural oils break through the foundation barrier and I'm left looking splotchy. I guess despite my oily skin, I should stick to dewy formulas and just blot and powder. Would not repurchase, but I commend the shade range!

on 2/22/2018 3:22:00 PM

I really really wanted to love this foundation because I love what the brand stands for, but unfortunately this is just not for me. I have dry combination skin, meaning that my face overall is quite dry, but I do get oily on my T-zone during the day. This foundation dries super quickly so you have to be quick with applying it. It looked really cakey on my skin, even though I use a really hydrating moisturizer. Over the day it did get better though once my natural oils started seeping through. However, the biggest no for me is that it broke me out really badly on my cheeks. I am not usually sensitive to makeup; I don’t think that anything I’ve ever tried before has broken me out like this tbh. I looked like a bad allergic reaction on my cheeks and under my eyes, just not very pretty. I really hope Fenty reviews the formulation and comes out with a foundation for drier skin soon!

I was really hoping to love this product, as I watch people use it on the daily instagrams! It looks so perfect on their skin, so when I bought it I was super excited, I found it to be a bit disappointing, I have combo skin, and I get dry patches every now and then, and this foundation (like most others) sticks to my dry patches, I even tried exfoliating first and hydrating primer and all that, still came off like powder and stuck to my dry patches. I liked it on the rest of my face, but it kinda dried and laid on the top layer of my skin like powder.

on 2/9/2018 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin used to be very oily but now I'm as dry as the desert so I've tried this with oily skin and dry skin. With that in mind, this foundation is not suited for people with dry skin UNLESS you're willing to do the prep work. The shade 240 is my perfect match and it took me years to find that match so the prep work is worth it for me. If you're dry, you NEED to moisture really well (sometimes I'll apply my moisturizer two or three times as prep letting it soak in between applications) before using a very moisturizing primer and then I'll apply the foundation with a beauty blender.Using a mattifying primer plus this foundation is a recipe for disaster even when you're oily--trust me, I tried it. I've found this routine to work best for me--I never exfoliate right before using it either because the foundation makes my skin look really flakey, it's weird. The foundation itself is very liquidy, one pump on the back of your hand will run very quickly. Since it's liquidy it feels super lightweight on the skin but it's packed with pigment so a little goes a long way. It dries on your skin quickly and is very very buildable. I've noticed this needs a setting spray to really settle into the skin and give you that flawless finish. The staying power on this is amazing also. It lasts me 12+ hours without budging and I'm not exaggerating. I wore this to a birthday brunch at 10 am and didn't take it off until 11 pm later that night and it HAD NOT MOVED or separated, enlarged my pores, slid off, or rubbed off on accident. This is truly a super impressive foundation and I recommend it to everyone.

on 2/1/2018 7:37:00 PM

I need someone to explain this foundation to me STAT. It isn't what I would call "full coverage" like people claim and it is not matte, it's oily. Very oily. I've tried everything to get this product to work, but it always turns to pure oil on my face within a couple hours. I will literally see oil dew (tiny little dots of oil) on my face. My skin isn't even particularly oily so I have no idea why this is happening and why people are claiming this foundation is their holy grail.