Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 7/15/2012 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using this soap for as long as I can remember. It's the only thing we've ever had for a bar soap in the house. My skin is and has always been (for the most part) silky smooth. I attribute that to this soap. I used this to wash my face along with my body for the lonest time. I haven't found it caused any breakouts. If anything it kept my face clean and blemish free. It removes most of the makeup I wear anyways. It didn't remove my Skin79 BB cream, or my waterproof mascara but it blasts away the olive oil I use to remove my makeup.

It's pretty cheap, it gets things clean and it isn't overly drying for my sensitive combo skin. What more could you ask for?

on 5/14/2012 2:35:00 PM

This unscented beauty bar is awesome. I use it as my daily face cleanser. I have oily and acne-prone skin. It had been bad since I was a teenager. I used to spend so much money on cleansers hoping they could help my skin but no, they did not. My skin stayed bad until I found this little gem. It works so much better than any other expensive cleansers. I feel I was so stupid in the past. This soap effectively removes dirt and oil, keeps my face shine free throughout the day but does not over drying it. It really balances my skin. The bar lather up very well and I always overdo it when Iím not careful Ė end up having too much foam on my face. The foam is very creamy though.

I eventually understand all I need is a good makeup remover and a gentle soap to keep my face clear. Using this after the DHC or Shiseido Cleansing Oil and then applying pure aloe vera gel as a facial serum keeps my face acne and scar free. I have never imagined that I could good out of the door without concealer, but now I have not touched my concealer for more than two months. It is so simple to have good skin. Just keep it clean.

P.S. please be patient while washing the soap off or it will leave a film and clog pores. I think thatís why some people are saying this beauty bar breaks them out Ė a few quick splashes will not remove the soap. Wash your face until you donít have that slippery feeling on your skin.

on 4/5/2012 12:54:00 PM

Really, really impressed with this. I've been experimenting with my skincare routine a lot in the past couple months, and mostly experimenting first on my chest to see if I get any reaction; if not, using whatever product on my face. After a couple months of mild breakout on my chest, and after using a couple different products on it, I decided a couple weeks ago to just use the Dove Sensitive Skin bar there. Within a week my chest was basically clear, and continues to be so. About a week ago I started using it on my face out of desperation (Purpose was irritating my face and giving me big zits, Cetaphil wasn't cleaning well enough and I had nothing else on hand), and my skin seems to be liking it. Can't comment on whether or not it's clogging my pores yet, but I am leaning towards no - usually it only takes a couple days for clogged pores to begin forming, if they will, and I haven't seen any. I'm cleaning my makeup off with jojoba oil prior to washing with the Dove, just to be sure my makeup is off (I've been putting makeup on my forearms and washing it off with different cleansers to see what is actually getting the makeup off, and most of them leave quite a bit of makeup there, including the Dove, so I thought removing makeup prior to cleansing would be a good idea, and it seems to be working well.) Will update if this changes, but I am VERY happy. About to start experimenting on my chest with DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil (which does remove all the makeup on my forearm), because I ordered some samples before I realized how much I like the Dove. We'll see how that goes...

on 3/20/2012 12:28:00 PM

I have combo/oily skin with a moderate tendency to break out if using new products. Started using Dove to wash my face and haven't had any issues at all. My face doesn't even feel tight or dry after using this. No break outs whatsoever. I've neglected all my other facial cleansers because this does the trick.

I love love love love love all Dove soap bar products! I've been using Dove soap bars probably ever since I was put on this earth. I've used all the different varieties of this soap, & this is definitely one of my favorites (along with the unscented one). This never leaves my skin feeling tight or dry, never leaves any residue, leaves my skin soft, never causes breakouts (gentle on sensitive skin), lasts forever, & is pretty cheap for such great quality. I will buy these soap bars forever. I never trust anything else on my skin, especially my face. This is amazing. I'm forever, a lifetime customer for Dove.

on 3/1/2012 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the only cleanser I use on my face. Keeps it balanced, gets it clean, and absolutely no adverse reactions. When I started using this last summer I stopped breaking out. Dirt cheap, and the most effective cleanser I've ever used. All my friends use it now. Will always purchase.

on 1/10/2012 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

the only soap i've ever used that is gentle enough to not upset the ph balance of a certain area, all other soaps are too harsh (irish spring, you smell so good, but you do not belong in my shower).

on 11/15/2011 9:00:00 PM

I have been using this soap ever since I can remember. Even when I was a baby, my mother used this on my skin. It is very moisturizing and great for fair, sensitive skin. When you get out of the shower, your skin just feels so soft and fresh. I also use this as a cleanser on my face because it helps with acne. It seriously gets rid of acne better than those high-end acne products do! So if you have a problem with acne, definitely give this a try. You won't regret it! Overall, this soap is great for the body and the face. I love it and will always keep using it.

on 11/5/2011 12:43:00 PM

You are always hearing that you should never use bar soap on your face. Well in my case, i can tell you this is WRONG! I have oily, acne prone skin and i have used proactive, murad, clinique, and everything in the drugstore for acne!!!! I learned here on MUA about this little gem, and haven't looked back!! I use this with my olay spin brush thingy, and it has drastically reduced my blemishes, pretty much removed all the flakes, and just leaves my skin smooth and bright. I LOVE IT!! Will continue to use FOREVA!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have literally been using dove since i was a baby, this is the only soap my mom would use on me, and 28 years later I am still using it! I get soooo many complements on how smooth and soft my skin is -face and body. I switch between the sensitive skin and the original.