Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

THE BEST a.m cleanser for any skin type , nothing beats that I am 37 and I use that everyday for almost 10 years now and my skin never felt better ..I only prefer the pink one for its scent .

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best makeup remover for my clog prone skin. It removes everything (including mascara) very quickly & gently. My skin gets easily red/irritated but I have no negative reactions w/this soap. If you're looking for a cheap yet effective mu remover I recommend you give this a try!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I use this product to maintain feminine hygiene and odour under the arms. I just take the soap in my hand and lather gently and very briefly on each spot. It keeps me clean, unlike fancy scented Pre de Provence and Pacifica soaps which I can't use in those sensitive areas. It doesn't dry my skin out like Ivory, Zest, Irish Spring, Almay, etc. brands do. It's absolutely perfect and I've repurchased the multi-packs at least 30 times. I hope to use it as long as I live, I have no reason to try looking for anything better. (Some reviewers don't like using the soap on their faces: I haven't washed my face with the bar soap I use to wash my body since I was 10 years old and started using The Body Shop tea tree oil soap. I don't recommended using drugstore bar soaps on your face, or with rough washcloths, and never "scrub" anywhere on your body. You aren't "cleaning" your skin when you scrub, your skin is not a metal pot, it is a living organism - no need for scouring!)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have always had very oily, acne prone skin. For so many years I thought I had to use strong medicated cleansers to keep my skin clear- but they never did. When my dermatologist recommended this to me over 6 years ago, I was hesitant, but I have learned that less is better when it comes to skincare. This stuff is so gentle on my skin, does not break it out or irritate it, and leaves it so soft. The only thing I do not like is that it is a bar and is probably unsanitary, but that doesn't stop me from using it. It's cheap, effective, lasts a long time, and can be used for face and body. I will continue to use for many more years to come.

on 7/15/2013 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My skin type: Oily after two hours post-cleansing, blackheads on nose, whiteheads/clogged pores only on forehead, occasional pimples on forehead around eyebrows area.

I have tried EVERYTHING and NOTHING has made my skin more flawless than this. After two days of twice a day washing, all my blackheads are gone. After three to four days, 90% whiteheads gone. And my two big pimples are healing and deflating after 3 days after popping up. AMAZING. Two weeks later, my skin is almost perfect.

I never thought that simplifying my beauty routine would do such wonders.

I've been using Dove for the last 3 weeks and I love it. My skin feels great. My face feels clean. No residue like so many soaps tend to leave on the skin. I have now made this my daily face wash. I always stayed away from soaps but this stuff is great.It has balanced out my oily skin. Doesn't leave my body feeling dry or like I need to wash off the slime of soap.
Plus it's cheap! Costco has the best deal. No more buying the pricey face wash and body soaps.
UPDATE - I'm still very happy with Dove after a year of using it daily. Skin looks great. I did take a week off and went back to Cetiphil, but hated the feel of my skin when I used it. So back to Dove I went and happy again.
UPDATE2018 - It's been 6 years and I have tried a few other soaps and I keep going back to Dove. I will stay with it.
I am trying to go cruelty free /animal product free, but so far nothing compares to the Dove bar. It's the only thing I havent been able to replace.

I LOVE Dove Sensitive. While I can't use it all over because it dries me out, it effectively got rid of all of my back acne. Last summer I started using the Go Fresh bar and I started getting more and more acne on my back, and I couldn't figure out why. I tried the Dial gold bar on my back, and that didn't really do anything, if not make it worse. I tried makeup wipes, different soaps, nothing was working. I had completely forgotten about the Dove Sensitive and I started using it on my back only, and almost all of the acne is completely gone! It's so nice because I'm not embarrassed to wear tanks or camis anymore! I've been considering using it on my face too, but I'm not sure if that'd be bad or not. Either way though, I'm glad it's helping out my back.

I love it because it's one of the rare soaps that I can use in my private parts, probably since it's unscented and moisturizing. Otherwise I itch a lot, sometimes several hours per day.

It's cheap and it goes often on sale at Costco (Canada). As for any soap, unpack it let it dry in a drawer of clothes: it will last even longer.

Plus the packaging can be recycled.

Finally, I know people who love high end brands who use it: it says a lot!

on 5/26/2013 9:42:00 PM

I have just now discover why I break out. I haven't been washing my face with the right cleanser. Eversince I started using this beauty bar to wash my face twice a day, my face is now clear without applying BP at night. It removes makeup and oil off my face. Leaves my face clean but not dry like every cleanser does. Try it. It's cheap and you've got nothing to lose.

This is my fav! I use on my face all of the time and it leaves my face feeling moisturized and clean. Most of my girlfriends say its ridiculous to use soap on my face but it works for me! It is very gentle, smells good, and doesn't give me any irritation or dryness.

Highly recommend