VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

on 8/26/2017 1:36:00 PM

Excellent light and refreshing gel for all skin types (even sensitive, acne-prone or excessively dry).
The product is basically gelled Vichy water with some hyaluronic acid and Biosacchride Gum-1. Both are excellent humectants. But what really hydrates skin is the higher amount of glycerin, Methyl Gluceth-20 and PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin in the product. The latter will also provide a very elegant, non-sticky and light finish on the skin.

What I really like about this gel is that it can easily be worn under a serum/moisturizer or alone (in warmer climate). It is absorbed immediately leaving a fresh and hydrated feeling that lasts the entire day.
It is a much easier way to apply Vichy water than the atomizer, with the added benefits of the additional humectants (with documented effect) in the product.
It is definitely one of the best products coming out of L'Oreal!
Big plus for opting for a fragrance-free and alcohol-free product!

Ingredients : Aqua / Water / Eau, PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Methyl Gluceth-20, Carbomer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Biosaccharide Gum-1
Code F.I.L. : D201455/1

on 8/19/2017 12:20:00 AM

I love this over my serum, under nite cream, plumps and boosts hydration ten fold!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I do not have extra oily skin but i break out when using ANYTHING that is not oil free . This does not make me break out , hydrates somehow well (but i bought it at the beginning of summer hence it might not be enough during winter and i might then need an extra something on top of it). Not amazing under make up but i use it in the evenings . Love it so far and i am already at the end of my first bottle.

on 7/28/2017 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have an awful time with moisturizers: at 62, I have breakouts, irritation and fortunately, I don't need a heavy moisturizer. I happen to love this product. It is essentially hylauronic acid, water, glycerin and preservatives. It is light and refreshing and works well under sunscreen or as a foundation base. I don't break out from it but that doesn't mean that you won't. Still if you're looking for a lightweight product, you should give it a try. And ignore the part about layering. That's not a requirement! It's great stored in the fridge - especially after being outdoors.

on 7/28/2017 4:42:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this at the drug store as I like gel type moisturizers. I really am not sure what this actually is though, as i threw out the box. Use a tiny amount or your skin will feel like it has a layer of goo on it that won't sink in. you are also (according to the girl at the cosmetics counter) supposed to put this over (or was it under?) your usual moisturizer.

i have very sensitive skin so this product is very gentle.

i guess my point is it's a beautiful bottle, it's become a bit more of a piece of art on my shelf rather than something i'm actively using. perhaps i should give it more of a try.

on 7/19/2017 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I decided to try this booster out even though it was really expensive. The hype around this booster made me want to check it out...! FYI I have combination-sensitive skin.

I tried it for a few days underneath my moisturizer. Two pumps after cleansing my face then I followed with my moisturizer.

I have to say that this booster absorbed quickly into the skin. It's not that tacky-sticky on the skin like some products I have tried. Also, it provided enough moisture only if I used it with my moisturizer. Alone it won't be moisturizing, it actually made my skin drier-parched.

I also experienced some slight redness, stinging and small whiteheads after I applied the Mineral 89. It stopped when I didn't use it anymore. I guess there is something in it that makes my sensitive skin react. I have tried their thermal water before and had the same reaction, I think it's their "mineral water" that doesn't suit my skin.

The packaging is so-so, I don't really like the big-bulky-glass-type of packaging. I actually dropped it by accident this morning which scared the hell out of me, but it didn't break! So that's good.

I like that this product is free of many things like alcohol, fragrance and so on. Which is interesting since Vichy products are always filled with fragrance and alcohol (usually)...! I hope they continue in that direction for future products.

If you have the money to spend, already have a good basic skincare routine and can tolerate the ingredients in it, why not try it? Maybe this could work for your skin or maybe this could be what your skin needs to feel a little bit more hydrated (to complete your skincare routine). IMO it's not really a necessity if you already have a good skincare routine. You can also find cheaper alternatives too.

You can get samples at the cosmetic counter before purchasing the full size. (I made the mistake of buying the product right away...) It's not a bad product... It's mostly "mineral water" with a hint of glycerin and hyaluronic acid in it (plus free of many things!) As for myself, I wouldn't repurchase, my skin seems to not tolerate it.