VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

on 3/5/2018 1:50:00 AM

This product is funny because I didn’t really know why I bought it, just to try and because I love french pharmacy beauty routines. But honestly within weeks it became a total HG for me and when I finished my first bottle I definitely missed it and quickly bought another. What it does: -because of the special thermal water, it strengthens your skin. Meaning (at least for me) my sensitive easily reddened skin feels and looks more evenly toned, pimples and imperfections are noticeably smaller than before and my pores look smaller as well -there’s hyaluronic acid which instantly plumps your skin (which is why I use it as a toner every morning on face and neck) -feels very soothing and fresh applying it- it’s a unique gel like consistency which absorbs instantly and with zero residue, unlike anything I’ve ever tried. I have combo skin (sometimes more oily in summer) and it doesn’t add to shine at all, but great at hydrating all skin types. Dry and combo skin will need a moisturizer on top probably and everyone should use an SPF on top for daytime -finally I love the glass bottle with a pump. I just wish there was a mini size so I could bring it to the gym and take it in flights with me!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Well, now here is a surprise! Never would have found it without seeing it on MUA. It works AMAZINGLY well as a buffer under 0.025% Retin A Gel! Who would have thought - I always thought a buffer should be thick and creamy but my oily, sensitive skin can just not handle anything I tried. I actually bought this just as a light moisturizer and thought I would re-start using Retin A so gave it a go - so great! It doesn't feel very moisturizing on it's own but I guess the HA and Glycerin work as a buffer? I've had practically no or at least the tiniest amount of flaking from tretinoin and the flaking and redness is what caused me to stop using 2 years ago and just use OTC retinol.

on 2/15/2018 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I did not see a difference. The product feels great on the skin, packaging is beautiful, was cool and comfortable. I just haven’t noticed any difference at all after about a month of using it twice a day (using as first step on cleansed skin like it says, under my moisturizer) Price is not bad for how much you get and would last a long time. But will not repurchase if there are no results :(

on 1/28/2018 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was gifted a bottle of Mineral 69 while attending an educating Vichy seminar right after its launch and have just finished the bottle.

They told us that it's not a serum but a "booster" to include to your routine after your toner and before serum. It's basically Vichy's thermal water rich in mineral elements with some hyaluronic acid included and formulated in a thicker form. It's meant to strengthen your skin's defence against external factors, help the following skincare products to be absorbed deeper and add some moisture. Not meant to be used alone but would be handy even on its own for those who don't like applying creams on their face, men etc

I like the packaging a lot and the pump is really sturdy. Feels like a wet gel and absorbs fast. I feel that I need to use less serum afterwards because the skin feels fresh and plump already. Slightly sticky upon application but this sensation disappears quickly. Lasts a surprisingly long time too. What I didn't like is that my La Roche Posay Anthelios fluid sunscreen would ball up over this so I used it only at night during summer. The price is also somewhat unreasonable for thickened up water. Do I consider Mineral 69 an essential step for my skincare? No, not really. Does it add something extra to my skin feeling fresher? Yes it does. I like it but I'm not amazed.

on 1/25/2018 5:17:00 PM

This is good. This is really good! Especially when I wear make up. I wanted to try this serum a long time ago and I found it online for only 13€! I never used a serum before and I pretty much enjoyied the first time I tried. I felt my skin different after I applied on. Now I cannot used my foundation without apply this serum first. It makes all the difference, trust me! I feel my skin more soft and the foundation looks more natural. Totally recommend!

on 12/5/2017 4:05:00 PM

Favourite new skin care product. I love Vichy products in general anyway, and I had to try this after seeing pretty much unanimous good reviews for this product everywhere I looked (it even won an Oprah O-ward lol). I think the reason everyone likes this is because it's really basic ingredient list (only eleven ingredients) and absence of parabens, fragrance, alcohol, oil or silicone makes it highly unlikely to irritate anyone's skin or cause them to break out. I know MY biggest fear when I try new skin care is that it will make my skin worse by causing pimples or clogged pores...or worse! But this is an absolutely gentle clear gel in really cool packaging ( bubbles suspended in the gel! Looks so refreshing!), and it's 89 percent Vichy Thermal water...with the remaining 11 percent made up of hyaluronic acid and glycerin (and thickening agents. So yeah, basically the Vichy Thermal water in gel form....
Last winter I used the Vichy Thermal power serum with hyaluronic acid, because I was looking for a basic "booster" to give my skin some extra hydration...but eventually I had to stop using it as I suspect it was clogging my pores. I still have half of the bottle left sitting on my dresser daring me to use it...and I still might because I'm weak like that about using subpar products to avoid wasting them lol....
But THIS is the product I was waiting for! No frills, no extreme claims. It's the first step in my skin care regimen (after cleansing) before adding my various other oils, creams, lotions, sprays. So it's not the main player for my combo/dry/sensitive/Canadian winterized skin...but it is a nice boost. When I put it on I feel my skin cooling and drinking it in... similar to the feeling of putting Aloe Vera on a sunburn. It absorbs instantly, leaves no residue or shine, skin feels soft and silky, works under makeup, works with all your other skin care products...and really is suitable for all skin types. Oily skin may even be able to use this alone.
Price was $39 Canadian, I bought it on sale for $31...feels a bit pricey for what it is, it's not a super anti aging serum or anything, just a hyaluronic acid moisture boost...but I feel it's worth it and will repurchase. Recommended!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I just tried this in sample form for a few days and I will be purchasing a bottle of it today. It is an excellent layer to use for hydrating and boosting the effectiveness of your moisturizer, as well as speeding up cell turnover, calming skin, and I'm sure many other benefits! Super lightweight, easy to apply and absorb, works well with many other products, non-stinging (I, too, have very sensitive and breakout prone skin), and super comfortable. In one use I saw a big difference in my skin: hydrating as well as appearance/glow. This may be my favourite Vichy product I've yet to try, in the past 20 years I've been using them. It works amazingly under makeup too, so, I am using it am & pm. Highly recommended. A+

on 11/30/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I tried a sample of this product which was thrown into another cosmetics purchase at Shoppers Drug Mart. I am pretty wary of what I put on my facial skin... like so many other posters, it is sensitive, and many creams/gels etc seem to upset my skins biochemistry and make things worse. Vichy 89 feels... clean. Pure. No stinging or sensation at all when applying, maybe a little cooling. I am now on bottle number 3, wouldn't want to be without it. Fiiiiinally found a facial skin product that works, and it truly does. My skin at 37 looks better than ever before. I use this twice daily, after I was my face and neck in the morning and evening, usually alone, or sometimes with a touch of Nip/Fab bee venom tightener. It turns out to be all I need. I am on a bit of a limited budget and yet I actually do not find the price point to be that bad.. I get it for about 30 dollars at the drug store, and a bottle lasts a good... 2+ months? When I find a product which works I tend to be a loyalist, and as long as they keep making this stuff I will use it!

on 11/2/2017 2:09:00 PM

I am on my third bottle! It is an excellent booster! I have sensitive skin and prone to allergies. After using this product day and night before my day or night cream I see results on my face. It is more radiant and the products I put on it (cream or sunscreen or bb cream) are absorded more easily. I love it!

on 8/31/2017 12:15:00 PM

I have sensitive skin that's prone to acne and I was attracted to this product because it has very few ingredients like fragrance or dimethicone that could irritate my skin. No regrets buying it at all. It's a GREAT product. It does not feel oily at all after application. I use it in conjunction with my regular moisturiser at night, and after just one use, I really did have plumper, "bouncier" skin the next day. I hope they keep making this product.