VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

VICHY Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer
Mineral 89 Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Moisturizer

INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER / EAU • PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN • GLYCERIN • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • METHYL GLUCETH-20 • CARBOMER • SODIUM HYALURONATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1

on 10/2/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't know why, but I am not crazy about this product..I think it isn't very moisturizing, or it would work best for combination skins, or under your moisturizer..
After a month of using it, I just quit, it didn't seem to make any difference on my skin, and isn't hydrating enough..now, some would enjoy the light gel like texture..not me..not too impressed .

After going through a couple 5 ml samples I don't think this does any serious hydration, at least not to justify adding this booster to my routine. It's a nice gel, absorbs rather quickly, but it's slightly tacky to touch. Vichy promises it will boost moisture and plump skin up, aside from the promise of relatively simple formula (89% is their thermal water) that leaves out a lot of things that are supposed to be bad (debatable issue). My skin loves hyaluronic acid a lot because it plumps skin instantly and the hydration increase from hyaluronic acid is hard to replicate with other humectants. However, Vichy didn't plump my skin and the moisture boost I could notice was insignificant compared to what HA does usually. My guess is that there is very little actual HA in there as the gel also contains 4 thickening/gelling ingredients aside from HA (and there are 11 ingredients in total) that aren't adding anything positive to skin such as acting as humectants. It's like putting lube on skin, adds some slip and wets skin, but nothing more. I do appreciate Vichy for using glass bottle as it's more recyclable than plastic junk, and that they made a rare fragrance-free product, but there are so many plain HA products that offer much better performance that are also packaged in glass and don't have a long ingredient lists.

on 9/26/2018 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The European name for this is Mineral 89 Fortifying and Plumping Daily Booster.

It's a pretty simple formula. 89% of Vichy's magical tap water, glycerin, some glycols, preservatives and the salt form of hyaluronic acid: sodium hyaluronate. Today we are spoiled with multiple weight versions of hyaluronic acid, which penetrate a little bit deeper and might stimulate your skin's own production of HA.

Not so here, but do not fret. The salt form of HA is the most hydrating one because it has more connections on it's molecule to bind water too.

The information on this says to apply two drops onto dry skin, but what I think they mean (because it comes in a larger bottle than most srums. 50 ml.) is two pumps. This amount truly plumps up skin underneath your regular moisturizer and doesn't pill up with *any* product. This is a major plus for me.

I can mix a pump in with moisturizers I find a bit too thick and emollient in themselves to make them glide on more easily and become more moisturizing.

You could probably cook up something similar yourself for less money, but for ease of accessability and the decent price I will most probably buy again.

on 9/25/2018 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I started using this a month ago. You need just a little, and it massages beautifully into my skin., leaving it so hydrated

on 9/25/2018 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Worth the price; works as well as any other more expensive serum!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this product. It's very hydrating and strengthens the skin overall. I use it after cleansing and toning, and before my serum and moisturizer. You can use this on your eyes and all over your face (even on the eye lids). It brightens my skin and makes it more soft. I noticed a difference almost immediately from using this. Now I couldn't imagine my routine without it. I definitely recommend checking out this product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is life-changing ( at least for me ) ! After my skin has been healed from quite severe acne, it’s still very red, sensitive, dry and the texture is very sandy. I’ve tried a couple of Paula’s choice products (Hyaluronic booster, Skin recovery moisturizer and redness relief serum), my skin’s improved but still cant get rid of that sandy texture. I bought this product since i’ve heard a lot of good reviews about it. At first uses it didnt do anything spectacularly besides hydrating. But man, after 3 days, my skin changed ! I never felt my skin has been soooo smooth, plumped and glowing, or like they say, glass skin ! I use it as a serum, and at day time when i dont wear makeup, i just put it as a moisturizer on its own and im happy with it. Definitely recommend to anyone, especially ones with dry, sensitive and need rejuvenated like myself.

on 9/6/2018 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can't use many products on my sensitive skin anymore. This one is very nice but I don't think it is good enough to keep buying it. I get decent results also from rosewater and witch hazel. I decided not to pay for high priced skin care anymore. If money was no object I would get it just because it's pleasant and doesn't irritate.

on 9/4/2018 9:52:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

As my skin ages it has become increasingly dehydrated and I’ve been really interested in the trend towards water based moisturisers. I’m currently using Neutrogena Moisture Bomb products and have added this Vichy product to my routine. It’s in a very nicely designed bottle with a pump dispenser. I find one pump before applying moisturiser really plumps my skin and makes it feel very comfortable. I’ve been really impressed with it and will definitely be repurchasing.

I am on my second bottle of this product. I usually don't think HA does much. I live in dry CA which may have something to do with it. My skin is combination in the true sense. I am oily in the t-zone and dry everywhere else. I have been doing hot yoga lately and experimented with putting this on my face before class because I noticed that my skin would feel dehydrated afterward. With this serum, my skin actually glowed after class. Then it got me thinking that this may be better served being applied after a hot shower while my skin was still damp. Yes! it also works fantastically that way. I guess that supported my hypothesis about HA and neccessary humidity to draw water into the skin. I also like using it then applying a heavier moisturizer to my non t-zone areas. But key for me with HA is in the steam.