Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara

Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara
Monsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume Mascara

3.2

Aqua / Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Cera Alba / Beeswax, Synthetic Beeswax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Steareth-2, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Tribehenin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Behenate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Silica, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrasodium Edta, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Bht, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Just repurchased this product... actually...just replaced my sample. Love this mascara! buildable, non-irratating, easy to remove.

on 1/22/2018 7:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Monsieur Big??? More like Sir-Clumps-Alot. This did nothing to lengthen my lashes at all. It gave volume in that it clumped so badly that my eyelashes looked like one big, chubby eyelash, more like a caterpillar actually. It got flaky after a few hours and the flakes got in my tender eyes and turned them red and teary. Those of you who got it to work, God Bless. Won't be switching from my HG L'Oreal Telescopic for this; don't know why I keep trying, "if it works don't fix it" just won't sink into my makeup junkie brain.

on 1/7/2018 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$25.00 for the full size at Sephora, $12.00 for the mini. An Allure Best of 2017 Beauty Awards winner

I got 2 sample sizes of Monsieur Big in December and I have been using it a lot. I don't know why I didn't care for it at first when I bought the full size one time, maybe it was old, maybe they made some slight changes, but I am really liking it and I don't have a single bad thing to say about it except that the wand is a bit too fat for my bottom lashes, but most are. It will work on my bottom lashes, but I like a tiny wand for mine and I want them perfectly separated. It lengthens, holds curl, adds volume, separates the lashes, no smearing, lasts all day, no flaking & has no horrible scent like Hypnose. Give it a couple of minutes to dry, it gives you big lashes so clearly it will take a bit longer to dry.

I have always liked most of Lancome's mascaras. I am never without a tube of Definicils, love it, definite holy grail that I've used for many years. I do detest Lancome's Hypnose due to the vile chemical scent that lingers forever.

Since Sephora carries the mini Monsieur Big for $12.00, I would rather purchase 2 of those than one full size for $25.00. Minis I usually use up before they begin to get dried out or gloppy.

Description from Lancome's website:

Meet Monsieur Big. Forget the others.
A LOOK OF UP TO 12X MORE VOLUME:
The volumizing mascara’s brush provides big impact at first stroke, for thicker looking eyelashes like never before. BIG SOFT BRUSH: Monsieur Big Mascara’s bristles are made of soft fibers which hug your lashes with beautiful softness and ensure a smooth application, while separating and lifting the look of lashes.
NO CLUMPS, NO SMUDGES, NO TOUCH UPS: The formula easily glides on lashes. Its dark pigments create ultra black intensity..

• Big Volume: a look of up to 12x more volume than bare lashes
• No flakes, no smudges: smudge resistant mascara with up to 24-hour wear
• Intense color: ultra black
• Easy, soft application
• Tested under ophthalmological control
• Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers

INGREDIENTS:
Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Cera Alba / Beeswax, Synthetic Beeswax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Steareth-2,C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Tribehenin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Behenate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Silica, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disodium Edta, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrasodium Edta, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Bht, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, [+/- May Contain, Ci 75470 / Carmine, Ci 77007 / Ultramarines,Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides].

on 12/27/2017 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've only just got this mascara so far I'm loving It! I used Hyponose years ago and found it really good. I have been using Smashbox Indecent Exposure but it seems it may have been discontinued in the UK? So I started research into getting a new mascara that would be my go to. I have average lashes, not particularly short or fair but not long and thick either. I like the consistency of this product and the brush seems a good size and does the job well. I haven't had any flaking or smudging although I haven't really put it under any real testing yet as only worn it for a maximum of 6hrs so far. Been no irritation and I have quite sensitive eyes. The colour is really nice and dark. I got it in a set on sale and I'm really liking the kohl pencil too that came with it. Full price it is reasonable price being slightly cheaper than some of the other mascaras from high end names. If it keeps on as it's started I'll definitely be buying again :)

on 12/15/2017 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have sparse, short, straight, thin Asian lashes and love this mascara. It is clumpy and thick but that helps me out. 1 coat of this mascara and I'm able to curl my lashes and actually hold a curl. Unfortunately I will not buy again nor give it 5 stars since the brand is not cruelty free.

Let me start by saying I never write reviews but this mascara was so terrible I had to.

This product is an absolute mess. It flakes like crazy, smears all along the top of my eyelids and is beyond clumpy. Normally I'm a huge fan of wet mascaras but this one is just TOO wet - it gets all over my nicely blended eye shadow and on top of my lid. The clumps are also outrageous.

Bottom line, there are so many mascaras out there that are 100% better and incredibly CHEAPER than this one. Please, save your money!!!

on 12/3/2017 4:24:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I didn't buy it but I tried in the store and its.. WOW
it surely give big voluminous lashes but its over priced for me, especially that they retail it for 45-50$ where I live..

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is the best mascara I've used in a really long time. I see a lot of reviews saying that it smears but never has on me. Even when I sweat a lot. My co-workers thought I wore false lashes. I tried the smaller tube to test it out. Splurged on the full size and Prob a my will for a while. If I want EXTRA drama, I use 2 coats of this, followed by 2 coats of Maybelline Lash Sensation. It gets rid of any clumps and is super black.

on 11/20/2017 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got a deluxe sample size of this and I quite like it. It makes my lashes look huge and separated. I have fairly long lashes already so that may help. I can see it potentially being clumpy for others but I don't really have this problem. Not every mascara gives me the fanned out look, but somehow this one does in a very impressive way. I'd be hesitant to repurchase because of the stiff price tag and I tend not to splurge on mascaras.

on 11/17/2017 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Ugh. I had high hopes, having heard all the raves about Lancome mascara for years. This did NOT deliver. Wet, clumpy, messy, smudgy, YUCK. These are all words I think of when I think of this mascara. It smudges under my eyes like crazy, and the super wet formula gets everywhere. I have tried better drugstore mascaras. What a waste on this one! I ordered Hypnose, though. Here's to hoping it's better--but the bar is pretty low!