Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara

Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara
Monsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume Mascara

3.2

Aqua / Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Cera Alba / Beeswax, Synthetic Beeswax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Steareth-2, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Tribehenin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Behenate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Silica, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrasodium Edta, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Bht, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides.

on 6/16/2018 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

My HG mascara; on my third tube! I love dramatic lashes, long and thick, but not clumped. I thought Lancôme Hypnose Doll or Grandiose were the best until I tried Monsieur Big. Without a primer, I get full, long lashes; with Lancome primer, I just about get the same appearance as when I had lash extensions (been using generic Latisse for years). My lashes are stick straight so an eyelash curler is a must - they stay in place with this mascara, no flaking or smudging. Can’t wait for some additional colors to be added.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was super impressed with this mascara when I first applied it. It really made lashes big and volumous and did a great job separating my lashes. Only one coat is needed. They indeed looked like false lashes and I was excited. But after formula started to dry, my lashes fell.

I did this mascara on one eye and Loreal lash paradise on the other. Lash paradise stayed lifted, but the Lancome side was down and straight.

If your lashes have a natural curl, you will love this mascara. But if you have stubborn straight lashes, not for you.

on 5/11/2018 1:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I got a mini of this because I have too many mascaras in rotation. I love it. It def gives a fase lash look and really, ive strayed and cheated but Lancome mascaras are still top notch!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I had to edit my review on the Hynôse Drama because Mr Big is definitely about his name! Big wand, creamy formula, glides on once you apply and it's incredibly buildable - you can see it coat every single lash, provide intense color, length, and volume. It's the best at giving BIG, bold, dramatic lashes.

I've been through two tubes of this mascara, and I have loved it. It's just dry enough that it doesn't transfer when I'm putting it on. It gives great volume, it's good and dark, and it lasts all day but it's still easy to wash off. It hasn't flaked, but occasionally when it's hot it seems to wear off at the ends of my lashes at the end of the day. Still, one of my favorites though.

on 4/2/2018 11:24:00 AM

I just don't get the love for this mascara...
I bought it thinking it would be even better than the older mascaras I have from Lancôme but no, it's way worse, even worse than most d/s mascaras on me!

It clumps. I used it on its own and on top of primers (Lancôme and Shiseido), and if I use primers I feel it clumps even more. Without primers it is ok-ish, but doesn't lengthen or volumize.

I prefer mascaras that make lashes look fanned out, voluminous and a bit longer, and this just doesn't do that.

on 4/1/2018 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It’s a good mascara and makes the eyes pop!

The result is good, i get long and thick lashes but the mascara takes time to remove even with a biphased eye makeup remover. There are equivalent that are cheaper such as the L'Oreal Lash Paradise. Not a bad mascara but I prefer to try other ones.

on 2/12/2018 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this. It’s so volumizing and lengthening. I always prime lashes first with Lancôme cills booster xl. Gives a false eyelashes effect.

on 2/8/2018 8:33:00 PM

I'm gratified to see the low score here because that's all it deserves. Frankly I would flinch at buying a mascara or any makeup item called "Monsieur Big". At best, it's cheesy and cringeworthy, at worst it's demeaning and crude and fetishises makeup and gives it a misogynist slant. Why give a makeup item a masculine form. I don't mind "meet Matt(e)" but I don't like the subservient connotations of "Mr Big", it really irritates me and if Lisa Eldridge names it then that is peculiar. Having said that, I might put the cat amongst the pigeons by admitting actually I don't like Lisa Eldridge. I mean, I watch her videos and I bought her book, but her manner and her estuary accent kind of annoy me. But I love her hair and outfits and she's always age-appropriate which is more than can be said for most you-tubers her age and above who pump themselves with Botox and filler and bleached hair and dress like teenagers. Lisa Eldridge clearly uses filler Botox and hair dye, but she does it in the best way possible. So if she named this then I can only suppose she is a Sex and the City fan? It's still odd.

Anyway apologies for that diatribe. So onto the product. I nearly bought this but my hunch was that it wasn't good. Coupled with the aforementioned name issue lol. So I instead placed my order for my beloved Hypnose and the lash primer. Both excellent. This mascara came as a sample so I got to see if my reservations were well founded. They were. This has a big unwieldy brush (ahem, now how to avoid sounding like a dirty joke) and size is good but sometimes too big is too big. I prefer the more elegant form of the Hypnose brush. The big brush picks up a lot of product and does give volume, but in a clumpy way. It reminded me of loreal punky mascara, if they still make that. And final nail in the coffin - it transfers and smudges. And then to add insult to injury it's hard to remove and needs a good eye makeup remover. In the Bin it goes. Monsieur big let down.