Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I, really, really like this product. I think it's super lightweight and I would actually say the coverage is more than light, I'd say it's a solid medium on my skin. It's VERY lightweight and it feels like nothing on. It seems to be all pigment, which I don't mind at all. It tends to take on the qualities of your base, which means if you moisturize well and use a hydrating primer it'll feel very hydrating, etc. So customize as you want for your particular skin type. The only thing is I actually wish it came without the SPF and I can just wear my own underneath. I find that the physical sunblocks tend to look a bit weird on certain parts of my skin like my nose, when mixed with pigment on top of blackheads etc (almost like super tiny bumps where the sunblock settles and almost highlights). But that's the SPF not the foundation so if you havent had a problem with that before then you probably wont even notice (a lot of korean BB creams give me the same effect). Definitely recommend this. Will be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I'm really enjoying this foundation. It is, as the name suggest, very light and runny. It blends in effortlessly. I normally use my fingers to blend in foundation since most of them can look cakey on me, but I can use fingers, brushes, or a sponge with this one. The coverage is medium. Definitely more than a tinted moisturizer or MAC and MUFE face and body, but less than something like NARS Sheer Glow (which is medium–full for me). I use less than a pump, it spreads very well.

The colour match on me is great! I use 3.0Y and am a NC42-44 in MAC. Again, I rarely find a perfect colour match (which is why I bought this in 3 colours!) but got lucky with this one and 3.0Y blends in seamlessly. They have a fairly broad colour range, though I think they need a couple more colours beyond their current darkest shade. I use 3.1Y on my cheekbones for a summer bronze, looks lovely.

Once applies, it really does look like second skin. One thing though, since this foundation doesn't have much body to it by itself, I think skin prep is important. If you have dry skin, make sure you moisturize well so that your skin glows. If you have oilier skin, I still recommend the moisturizing and then using a mattifying primer where you need it. Some parts of my face are very oily (nose, cheeks, forehead) but I'm also prone to dry spots and flaking around my mouth. This foundation does not control oil per se, but it doesn't make matters worse either. A primer and a bit of powder will go a long way. It does not catch on dry spots or make my flakey. I use MUFE Step 1 mattifying primer, works like a charm. Also, I have extremely clog-prone skin and this does not clog my pores or break me out!! I think the ingredients are top notch.

The only thing holding my back from calling this my HG foundation is that by the end of the day it gets a teeny bit cakey on my upper lip and chin. I think this is fixable though and with some practice, I expect I'll be able to avoid that minimal cakiness as well. (Note that I like a really natural, undetectable finish.)

As for packaging, I'm glad it has a pump. I initially wished the bottle was glass but a heavy plastic is far more durable and travel friendly.

Honestly, I must say this this is brilliant, even regardless of price. So give it a try! If you like a natural finish and a versatile foundation, this is it! This will not give you full coverage so if that's what you seek, maybe try the Coverage Foundation. Given my great experience with the Serum foundation, I have high hopes for that one too.

UPDATE:
Still liking this foundation but it did go from love to like. Why? The colour. This could be categorized as user error but their yellow shades are _extremely_ yellow. I have terrible lighting in my room, so I didn't notice till I was applying this in a car with plenty of sunlight. It blends in but it's wayyy too yellow. I'd have to buy the red shade to mix together (they don't have a 3.0N). Such a shame, the depth is perfect but just off on the undertone. Note that I have a olive/golden-y complexion, I always buy yellow toned foundations and have actually never come across one that was too yellow. I do think 3.0Y will be too yellow for many people unfortunately.
Aside from that, still hasn't broken me out. Wears well, looks good. I just apply very lightly around my mouth to prevent cakiness (I use a little colour correction underneath due to darkness). Downgraded to 4 lippies.

Another issue: the pumps are low quality. I'm certain they'll be changing this soon so I'm not penalizing them for it.

I haven't ordered the 3.0R shade (out of stock right now anyway), instead I'm going to try using this as a yellow corrector for my MUFE water blend foundation which is too pink. hahaha, undertones are hard to nail down I suppose!

I have never worn foundation, only a BB cream. I recently went to the Deciem store to pick up some skincare items and this serum foundation caught my eye and upon testing it, I fell in love. The bottle is adorable and comes with a pump. I got shade 1.0N and it’s a perfect match. I do not use a primer before applying this, only sunscreen. I blend it in with my fingers or the Ecotools kabuki brush. The Ordinary Serum Foundation doesn’t streak and is very easy to blend. There is no smell and it doesn’t cake. It is not too matte or too dewy, and it feels like you are wearing nothing at all. To top it off, there is no oxidization. For reference, I have combination skin with no blemishes. The price is unbelievable low! This will replace my $47 BB cream. Thank you Deciem, I love you!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I've pretty much copied and pasted this review with the Cover Foundation because I love them both so much, so if it sounds familiar don't be surprised haha.

This is one of my absolute favourite foundations ever. The ease of using this product is absolutely unbeatable. I find I'm always reaching for this or the serum foundation when I want a quick and no fuss, idiot proof, natural foundation (which is most days). It's got everything I'm looking for: looks natural, covers and blends well, doesn't sink into lines or clumps around my nose and forehead and when it begins fading (as it inevitably will on my oily skin) it does so naturally. It's so quick and easy to apply as well, just a one or two minutes with my foundation brush or fingers when I'm lazy. Very minimal blending required.

In comparison to the Cover Foundation, this is lighter and has a more watery and runny formula (think MAC Face and Body). Even though it is a lighter coverage, it's easy to layer and get the coverage you want, and it's versatile enough to get a good solid medium coverage out of this. It feels light on the skin, and since I'm more into natural coverage, I prefer this over the Cover foundation (though I love and regularly use both).

Based on the other reviews, I think this foundation works best with a primer. Since I've got oily skin, I always use a primer anyway to help combat the oiliness no matter what foundation I'm wearing.

I've used this in England and Singapore, and this foundation works in both climates. It wears away a little more quickly in Singapore, but due to the humidity and heat, it's to be expected.

It's colour range isn't that great, I couldn't find one to be an exact match for my skin but the difference isn't obvious at all and it's easy to blend away the difference. It's so cheap that I ended up buying 2 colours and blending them together.

Would definitely repurchase this again! And again and again. I love the packaging, and the product and price are unbeatable.

I really really like this <3

It's got good medium coverage. I have shade 2.1 Y, and it is almost yellow enough for me, which I love. I've so far not been able to find a foundation yellow enough for my undertone and this is the closest I've ever gotten.

I love the texture, it so light, it blends like a dream, and just meshes with your skin, makes it look so smooth. You know how when you're 1cm away from a mirror, you can sometimes see there's foundation on? Yeah, you can't see this one, it's practically invisible.

I did notice however, that it transfers more easily than my other foundations. Nothing horrible, but keep that in mind and avoid touching your face. Additionally, if I added two layers, it can sink into fine lines just a Teensy Tiny bit. Barely even noticeable unless you're 1cm away from a mirror, but it's probs better to use a light layer if you have lots of line on your face.

I feel like the best application method is to put it on with a brush, then tap it in with a sponge to get rid of streaks.

Overall: would definitely recommend if you want a lightweight, medium coverage foundation.

HG foundation for me.

It has the consistency of water but has an impressive amount of coverage given how light it is. The result is semi-matte and very natural. It lasts a long while with minimal powdering. I would surely buy again and again!

I really like this foundation. I had been using Armani's Luminous Silk for years but figured for the price tag I couldn't really go wrong. As I was a little unsure about colours I decided to mix and match a little bit so I got the 1.1N in the Serum and the 1.2P in the higher coverage and when I mix them together they are the perfect shade. Yay!

It's nice and lightweight and blends so easily. I use either my Beautyblender or my tarte airbrush to apply, depending on the finish I want (usually BB makes it dewier-looking).

The only thing I have noticed is that when I pair it with Hylamide HA Blur it tends to ball slightly. I've been able to manage it by using a lot less but maybe a less silicone-based primer would be better to use with this.

UPDATE: I started using The Ordinary High Spreadability Primer with this foundation and it works like a dream!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I read a review in Cosmopolitan magazine about this cheap but wonderful foundation that had sold out, and could not wait to try it.

I ordered the serum foundations in the color of 3.2R. I was skeptic due to me having very oily skin. After I washed my face with the Ole Henrickson balance line, and applied my Bare Minerals primer I tried it out.

The color is amazing. It matches my skin so beautifully. I blended it on with my fingers, and my skin began to glow. I applied it around 8:00 a.m. and by 8:00 p.m. my skin still looked flawless. This was the best $6.70 cents I spent.

Needless to say I ordered 2 more bottles today. You never know when they may run out again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the ordinary foundations. I have both The coverage and serum. I don't put primer i just moisturize my face well.it last all day for me and it gives me a healthy look. I have dry sensitive skin.with some redness and it covers well. I do set my face with very little powder and then spray it with my Mario Budescu facial mist. FYI the coverage Foundation does oxide so get a lighter color.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I feel like this is exactly the same as the coverage foundation, except slightly more sheer and less dewy.
The coverage one is pretty wet-looking.
It looks quite natural and a little goes a long way. I'm an NC25, armani 4.5 is my most perfect match and with this I'm between 1.2N and 2.0N. I could wear either one, 1.2 looks slightly more pale but also more natural.

Pros:
- Price is excellent, really affordable
- Packaging is nice and minimal
- Packaging has a hygienic pump
- Shade range is lovely

Cons:
- Packaging is plastic.
- It's more matte than the one that's supposed to be semi-matte. BUT that makes it look more natural.
- Not transfer-proof