Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a light coverage foundation. I love the amount of coverage it gives for daily use. The consistency is very liquidy and careful when extracting the product because it might spray everywhere. Best application for me is using a dense brush or a large stippling brush. Don't use sponge/beauty blenders because the sponge might absorb most of the product. It can last around 7-8 hours on my skin (no touch up).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this in 1.0N, very fair neutral. I worried that it was too light, but I dot it on my (moisturized) face and blend with a foundation brush. I have been using a BB cream for several years, but have found that my early-mid 40s require a touch more coverage, This gives me a little more coverage but it's still my skin you notice, not the foundation. I will say that because I have extremely dry skin, I use a lot of moisturizer (with SPF) before I apply this, because one day I didn't and I felt like it settled into my lines. I was really stunned at the quality of this foundation given its giveaway price.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I admit it, I bought it for its price. Did not expect too much and I was almost sure I ordered the wrong shade (2.1P). Huge surprise, this foundation was beyond my expectations.

+Lightweight
+It covers as much as it should.
+Evens out my tone.
+Not cakey
+Can apply it easily
+Vast range of shades

-residues of the product stay inside the pump and next time you use it, it can get quickly throwned in various dimensions (eg. on your clothes). Better use your palm closed to protect from spilling.

I don't expect my make up to last for hours, my most important concern is that it feels comfortable. And this one does.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This foundation is perfect for those with yellow undertone, and want sheer to medium coverage. It's a thin liquid that is easy to blend. However this foundation was a bit too yellow for me, but the price is so good that you can mix two colors to get the right blend. The formula does separate so definitely give a shake before using. Because of these reasons I gave a 4 stars.
I am a loreal true match in N6-N6.5. And I used the Ordinary 3.0Y in medium dark, and I mix it with almay clear complexion makeup (which is too pink on its own). I like the overall look of this. It gives a nice lit from within finish, but still feels pretty matte. When I use this combo on its own, without powder or primer staying power is about 6 hours. I am sure with primer and setting powder it would be more. All in all its a great everyday foundation, that can be built up.

I’ve been using this for about 2 weeks and I’ve been really loving it. I’m over full coverage as that can look cakey and my skin has been pretty decent lately. I have combo skin. This goes on light, yet has moderate coverage. It looks like skin. Lasts pretty well on my skin when set with powder and setting spray. I use a pump and a half to cover my full face. Price is great. Only con is the pump can get messy f the foundation but I just wipe after each use. Overall, I love it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Light and sheer coverage for those who don’t want cakey face. Also gives my faces a glow. It won’t cover your obvious flaws like rosacea or scars but good for those who want a light wear on some days.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For the money, I think it's a very good foundation. I still prefer Armani Luminous Silk on my combination skin (neither excessively oily nor dry). I wear The Ordinary Serum Foundation over Bare Minerals Prep Step or Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer and it lasts well on my skin without feeling heavy or thick. I set with Charlotte Tilbury's pressed powder. Coverage is medium. It gives me a satin finish, similar to that of Bobbi Brown's original Skin Foundation.

I usually apply with a Beautyblender sponge, but when I travel sometimes I substitute a dry wedge sponge or a brush such as the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I like the foundation because I have a good color match and it evens out my skin tone without looking cakey or mask-like.

I've used more than half the bottle. I appreciate that The Ordinary includes a pump, however; I have learned to squirt this into the palm of my hand first. The pump has been known to squirt the foundation past my sponge and randomly onto nearby fabrics, the mirror, or the wall. I don't have this problem with all my foundation pumps, just this one. A minor quibble. I've also found that I need to shake the bottle before dispensing it. I've had the bottle for a few months.

I'll mention my shade in case this helps someone with a similar skin tone: In Bourjois Healthy Mix foundations I wear the shade 52 Vanille. In MAC's foundations I usually wear NC20 and Sand in Bobbi Brown's original Skin Foundation (not the new Long-Wear formula). In this foundation I am 1.2N Light Neutral, which has a yellow undertone. The Bourjois shade I wear is a bit less yellow than this one.

It's not my all-time favorite foundation but it's reasonably priced at $6.70, and I'm sure I'll finish the bottle. I like it enough to repurchase.

INGREDIENTS:

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, AQUA (WATER), CAPRYLYL METHICONE, COCONUT ALKANES, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, COCO CAPRYLATE/CAPRATE, DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, CETYL DIGLYCERYL TRIS(TRIMETHYLSILOXY)SILYLETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, TOCOPHEROL, POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 POLYRICINOLEATE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, HECTORITE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, HEXYL LAURATE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, STEARIC ACID, ALUMINA, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN. MAY CONTAIN [+/-]: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TIN OXIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), MICA, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is so much better than the coverage one in terms of texture and staying power. This is much more watery than the coverage foundation but only a tad less coverage than the other. To be honest, it was easy for the other one to look cakey or “makeup-ish” so I only used little dots every time, maybe that’s why I think the coverage is the same. But the serum foundation feels better on spreading , also there’s less worry that it’d look unnatural. I ordered 1.1NS which has silver highlights in it. I noticed a slight sheen to it comparing to 1.2N but that’s all. Also a tiny bit paler, which is lighter than my nc15-20. I think 1.1NS would be suitable for nc10 or N10. Dried down to semi matte and it covers my pores beautifully.
However oil control is a big no. I’m oily in summer and I look greasy by the end of the day. Using oil control primer helped a lot unlike the coverage foundation where there’s no hope at all. In winter when my skin is good this is perfect. But when my skin starts to flake I would reach out to other more hydrating products. I do not see how I can use it alone as a foundation. Overall it’s a good product given it’s price and color range, good coverage and very beautiful finish, but touch ups are necessary for oily skin people

I'm posting a review after using once and will update, thought I'd get it up since here is a lot of curiosity. It's very liquidy and half a pump would have done my face (I used a full pump the first time). I used a flat top brush to blend and it blended very well and easily. It covered discolourations and my under eye circles. It settled into my large nose pores so I might apply more lightly or use a primer to remedy. Overall this is an awesome product with even better price.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I like this a lot as a lightweight summer fdtn! It's a very thin formula and feels like nothing on the skin. The lightest neutral shade is good for my nc10 skin, oxidices a bit but nothing major. Blends out so effortlessly and looks natural, leaves a healthy dewy finish to the skin. I have oily t zone and I do get oily after only like four hours so I do need to blot but that's no problem to me.

Packaging is okay, comes with a pump so that's always a plus, but obviously feels cheap cause that's what can be expected from a 6,90€ foundation so not a con imo.